MAKE Gacha Claus DROP Personal LOOT Please. Less Conflicts Between Players!!

STUL

hi

i quit going for these gacha claus present drops last year as no matter what people agree on the servers it always end in arguments and conflicts so no matter how cool the loot is i just never bother now and just be merry and carry on :)

just a shame it cant drop personal loot for people that are there at the time like in SO MANY other games out there. im not hating on the game i just wish there could be a change thats all

Merry Xmas Everyone & Stay Safe :)

Or heck, just add a chance for normal drops to have holiday items so those of us with slow reaction times/computer/etc have a chance to at least unlock the holiday skins. We have people on manas stealing every single drop no matter who was there waiting first. This is my least favorite ark event for this reason. It's making me hate humanity and other players more than I usually do.

They could add the mechanic that OSD use to detect a player. Instead of having to press the drop, you just fly near it for say.. solid 3 seconds and it activates as your tribes'. Could last 20 seconds or something so it has enough time to drop and then some, also balance it between people just going and claiming. 

Maybe the detection locks your tribe but only if you're within that area, slow decay time (say 5 seconds) but as long as you're near it its yours. That'll prevent drop claiming and running away but a coordinated tribe can still lock down / pvp / safe for pve. (Outside regular pve dangers like a dino wild knocking you out of the area but thats the price.) 

Remembering another suggestion to fix that was posted last year... just make a cool down timer per tribe such that if you grab a present u can't get the next one unless you wait some amount of time. But someone objected to that cause like in single player, or the middle of the night when there's no competition, u ought to be able to get all the presents. Can't remember for sure but I think there was ways suggested to modify that idea to make it work for everyone. Point is there is several ways to improve this event and yet its the same crap system, that is makin people hate xmas.

You know what would have been cool? If it wasn't Raptor Claus presents at all. Those are limited in number, and in time, and if he shows up from the Redwoods, then trying to get some loot is practically suicide. It would have been much better if it was regular loot drops that for the event have all that stuff in them instead of old boring crop plots and and whatever. That way it would be not limited in time (so, no having to either interrupt what you were doing because Raptor Claus showed up, or missing Raptor Claus because you got things to do at this very moment and his current flight path is too far from your location), and there wouldn't be as much present stealing due to everyone having a much greater chance of getting some sweet Christmas loot. So, it would be an actual Christmas event instead of the Grinchsmas it is now.

1 hour ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

dumb idea. youre thinking skiff here totally . Youre part of the problem !

I actually don't have a skiff, but last year I remember landing on one some how, I think I jumped off either wyvern or quetzal, and my guy could stand on it, but not loot it.. I'm not thinking skiff, I'm thinking it turns midnight, I fly out from my base and see raptor clause coming towards me, I patiently wait, I ride a freaking present down, and after all that some guy in a mana swooped in and stole it with a macro! I'm thinking this isn't competitive. If wild card wants us to compete for the presents, then they need to make SOOOOOME forking way for us to be able to get them before the guy with the macro comes along. It'd be fine with me if they made them personalized as op suggests, but I think they resist that because they want it to be a competition, but I think they don't understand what we are saying, it isn't a competition in pve. I can't as a human click e at the exact right instant, then move my mouse to xfer all and click that before a computer program can.

However on further contemplation you're right. It is a superbly dumb idea, and would make it a whole lot less fair, don't make them lootable mid air.

Archived