Can I PLEASE get some help with this crash

hellt00th

Literally since last christmas I've been having these 2 crashes consistently. I've validated the files 3 and 4 times consecutively, reinstalled the game with no mods at least 5 times despite the game taking me at a minimum 8 hours to download each time, moved everything onto a brand new 5tb external hard drive, and upgraded my memory from 8 to 16gb. Absolutely nothing I have tried has fixed the problem. Still, every single time I exit out of my inventory (usually on accident) I get the line 305 crash or if I have too many dinos and/or structures, or just go into a newer map like aberration, extinction, valguero, or crystal isles, I get the line 140 crash. I have completely run out of ideas on how to fix this issue, yall. I just wanna play the cool dinosaur game without it crashing on me every 2 seconds blease!!! And yes I'm aware of the "fix" where you switch into any other tab and exit out of that to stop the inventory crash but I would prefer the inventory crash be resolved. 

Inventory crash
image.thumb.png.a1d4bc60f0eafaf1793443379a6a791f.png

I'm not entirely sure what causes this one, at a guess I think its either because of new content or I have too many dinos/structures. (I have 3 deinos and a small raft with a forge, smithy, fridge, generator, bed, couple aircons, campfire and mort n pestle. thats it.)image.thumb.png.93fa164c88db723fa56c74b3c2b2c136.png

My system specs

image.thumb.png.2f879e0a8aaa39ee7730dda4302d059c.png

It sounds like you've already tried all the standard Ark troubleshooting steps.

There are a few other steps you could try. Do you have the latest drivers for everything? (I see your video card drivers are up to date.) Do you have other resource-intensive games that run fine? It could be an overall PC problem and not just an Ark problem.

You could try reinstalling Windows, but there's no guarantee that'll fix it.

From looking at your system specs, I'd say it's time to build a new rig. Ark isn't the most stable of games, and running it on hardware that'll barely keep it going isn't going to provide the best experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, zero064 said:

It sounds like you've already tried all the standard Ark troubleshooting steps.

There are a few other steps you could try. Do you have the latest drivers for everything? (I see your video card drivers are up to date.) Do you have other resource-intensive games that run fine? It could be an overall PC problem and not just an Ark problem.

You could try reinstalling Windows, but there's no guarantee that'll fix it.

From looking at your system specs, I'd say it's time to build a new rig. Ark isn't the most stable of games, and running it on hardware that'll barely keep it going isn't going to provide the best experience.

First I wanna say thank u for taking the time to reply to this. Unfortunately I guess I’m just going to have to give up on playing ark for the foreseeable further tho bc I won’t be able to afford a newer pc or be able to build a better rig. (‘:

On 12/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, Cowgirl said:

You could try this, I am not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.  If nothing else you can google it a little (like google the crash number) that's how I found the fix for the crash that was fixed by this method. 

Thank u, I tried this but I still have the crashes, and I’m assuming it’s bc I have an older pc. I appreciate the gesture tho, so again, thank you!

Archived