Overhaul Kibble costs to actually reflect the power and utility of a tame

vanyelxp5

Suggestion

I would love to see a rebalancing of taming costs.

Currently, a Giga and a Rex cost similar amounts of kibble, and the same tier, while the Giga is much more powerful.

Meanwhile, the Bronto is also in the same tier of kibble, but costs nearly 3x as much for the same level. It's more than a little silly.

With Brontos unable to go to boss fights, and their AOE attack unable to break multiple trees at once, their utility is far lower than that of a Rex, and their power is lower than a Giga. Mechanically there is no reason for the additional cost other than some arbitrary decision years ago that herbivores should cost more, even though they should be more willing to be cooperative given the herd mentality.

5 replies to this server topic

On 12/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, Qwertymine said:

I think the kibble tree is good as is, I do think Gigas should be in the Extraordinary tier though. If the Yuty is up there, the Giga definitely should be. 

I don't know if that would be the right call or not. Most dinos take the same kibble that their eggs produce, but, imagine trying to tame a Giga before gaining the ability to make the kibble for it?

I don't think the costs are balanced at all. As stated, the only reason for the increased cost of Herbivores seems to be an arbitrary choice. Especially for how much it's increased.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, Qwertymine said:

Other creatures produce Extraordinary tier eggs for kibble... 

Regardless, you're missing the point.

A rex is useful for so many more things than a Bronto, but costs 1/3 the kibble, for no actual gameplay reason than somebody deciding it should. Same thing with almost every other herbivore.

The only one that has the utility and power that justifies the increased cost is the Theri.

If the costs were inverted, everyone who wants rexes for boss fights would be posting angrily on the forums about it.

On 12/25/2020 at 4:41 AM, vanyelxp5 said:

for no actual gameplay reason than somebody deciding it should. Same thing with almost every other herbivore.

Yeah, it may not be connected to gameplay, but herbivores IRL need MUCH more food to keep themselves sustained than carnivores do. I think that's the general idea behind the increased costs for taming herbivores compared to carnivores. Does it make much sense in terms of gameplay? Not entirely, but it has always made more sense to me regardless. 

Archived