Raptor clause

lawynns

Chasing the raptor clause is fun.... until you have a tribe and their mates all on skiffs and you and other players on the server on birds or manas.... skiff out runs everything. I think that it should be 2 present per person or 2 per tribe.  Sharing is the meaning of X-mas you would think...  what's your thoughts on this Wild Card??

Thanks for your replies and insights... skiffs are slap in the face to new players... a machine against tames or raised pets...  skiffs are faster than the sleigh... makes one want to go out and recommend a friend to purchase this game..  survival and fight is the name of the game but greed, disrespect and laughing at those without the advantage is not the reason for the season... Kinda like the 8x event ... Wild card was depending on kindness and generosity from peoples hearts to 30 days later knock them down ...  I recommend 2 per gifts per player or per tribe... if players want to be greedy then play longer to chase the sleigh for your rewards ......................  Any thoughts on this Wild card management team ???

Getting there faster doesn't help much if you have 3-4 people competing with you for that gift. 

Last year or one before that we managed to sort it out, kinda. People were claiming/calling gifts they are going for("going for third" or "taking one that just popped") and waited on the ground under falling gift. Not everyone respected these "rules", but it did work more often than I expected.

You can try something like that or wait till last days of event as suggested above.

Last year we developed a system to get gifts for the new players after 123's on manas started grinching all of the gifts:

The alpha tribe and some other big tribes would make a run for all the gifts on manas - when a 123 tried to swoop in there was 3 or 4 waiting to push them out.  After the gifts were collected, everyone was invited to the community center to distribute the gifts - even the gift thieves were invited.

Now that took a sustained operation to run, but it was fun and in the spirit of the holiday - I don't think that could be expected on many servers.  But that is ark for you - jerks will be jerks.

Its Ark . Pvp= griefing and toxic play. Its how it works unfortunately.  I play exclusively on pvp official 5k hrs. Its just the way it is. Steps could be taken across the board to address pvp balance but it appears the developers want it the way it is. 

The event is just an example of what pvp has morphed into. My advice on official , grab a rifle, drop some battery powered turrets and go hunting....

Yeah this is my least favorite Ark event due to toxic players ignoring anyone actually waiting (or got there first) for a present to land and stealing it. Worse, one of the block blocks (the tribes that just have asian characters in their names) deliberately jumped into the air with his mana so I'd fall to my death. You'd think WC would at least add a small chance for the coal/mistletoe to drop in regular supply crates so we could at least have a chance to get the holiday skins without selfish jerks ruining it :(

Archived