Starving underwater (HELP)

Jantiz

I played Ark mobile for a year. Took a break from it and Ive been back a few months now. It seems anytime I mount one of my water tames and spend anytime in the depths I go through all my food and start starving in a matter of a couple minutes. I dont remember not being able to spend time underwater before. Not sure if I’m bugged or it was something that was changed while I was out or I’m missing something. I need some advice. Having to swim up desperately to shore and eat something every 2 mins cause my screen is red and I’m starving makes swimming in the depths not fun at all. 

Wow, not a single response. I suppose no one spends time down in the ocean bottom anymore these days so no one has noticed. I remember the days when searching for Alfa Mosas and Tusos for Black pearls was fun. When making bases inside underwater caves was the thing. I suppose that requires too much work for the new generation playing Ark these days. I looked for a new server where I could start from scratch for the fun of rebuilding and leveling up fresh and could not find for the life of me a server that simply let me join and play my game undisturbed. Everyone wants to give me 60-70-100 levels on day one plus a kit, plus an end game Dino. No one cares to put in the work anymore. Instant gratification is the name of the game. I refuse to do that to my server. If you join in, you’re gonna put in the work. THATS THE FUN PART for goodness sake!!!! 

Anyway back off my soap box, I suppose this was a recent change to get people to pay the 10 amber to buy “Feast”. NOT that I care if that was the case. I watch videos all day, 10 Amber is not going to break the bank. I was just wondering if I’m loosing my mind and it was always this way or if in fact it has been changed. I could swear I could mount a water Dino and circle the entire island underwater without any issue, now I can’t get to the ocean floor right outside my base without having to run to the surface to eat. 

This is a bug that is related to the culbi multis or however its spelt. Jellyfish boss in the dungeons. Your food drains instead of your oxygen. Make sure you are running the most recent version. I agree it is def. annoying to deal with. I had it and it was fixed after a patch. I just avoid doing that boss. Is that how you got it?

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, now that you mention it, YES. I only noticed it being a problem after doing that boss in the dungeon. So it is yet another bug that goes unfixed. I am a hardcore Ark fan. I truly, I mean TRULLY enjoy this game. I think the concept is a masterpiece. But I get the feeling with all the bugs floating around getting no dev attention that its on its last leg. I’d hate to see it go cause after all this time, I still enjoy it. 

Archived