It's too early to show Ark 2

MasterT

I'm sorry to say this, but it's ridiculous and very soon for them to show Ark 2, I don't know what happened with Atlas but if they continue to improve it they will have a lot of jobs that is:

- They will have to develop Ark 2 from 0 or at least with a lot of work ahead

- They will have to improve Atlas - Now they are with the dlc Genesis part 2

- Ark 1 still has bugs, performance, graphics and more to improve How the hell are they going to do to get all that ready?

Why are they doing this crazy thing? The answer is: money, money, learn something money (In Latin America and Spain this is a meme) the point is that they do it for money, it shows that Wildcard is a novice and surely they will hire or Wildcard will divide into groups to do all the work, but we are talking about Wildcard and Ark 2 will only be a disaster, they must have made Ark 2 many years later because at least after finishing completely with Ark 1 and being with Atlas at least they would have gained more experience but no, Wildcard do everything, it is Like you have to paint a picture, clean your table and pet the dog, obviously you can't do everything at once and start ONE by ONE, little by little, but if we talk about WildCard it will surely try to pet the dog with one foot, paint a painting with his left hand and cleaning his table with his right, but since his body cannot support it he gets tired and creates a mess, he drops the painting, hits the dog and the dog bites it, and by accident you remove the paint from your table instead of cleaning Ar the dust on it WildCard just wants to make all the money it can and it thinks that it could make Ark 2 a great game and that it can fix all the bugs in Ark 1, it thinks it can do all the work at the same time but I don't know what will happen, it is really just speculation what I say but it does not mean that I do not like Ark 1 and 2 those games are the best games I have played but it fell into the hands of WildCard and that company has no idea what it is doing, so I can only pray they postpone Ark 2 and instead of expanding the fun, they should improve on what they already have.

Yes, announcing Ark 2 before release of Genesis 2 is unfortunate.

As New Santiago said .. Light's out, old friend.
But wait! we havent played new DLC yet and the lights for Ark 1 have already been turned off in the trailer.

This can create a feeling that the sense of taking the time to develop bases and dinos in "the old Ark" is questioned.

1 hour ago, MasterT said:

the point is that they do it for money

Thats good. More money, more good and higher quality things. I love people making money creating good stuff.

41 minutes ago, slejo said:

Yes, announcing Ark 2 before release of Genesis 2 is unfortunate.

As New Santiago said .. Light's out, old friend.
But wait! we havent played new DLC yet and the lights for Ark 1 have already been turned off in the trailer.

This can create a feeling that the sense of taking the time to develop bases and dinos in "the old Ark" is questioned.

Thats good. More money, more good and higher quality things. I love people making money creating good stuff.

They don't actually fix or add anything or even enforce rules better, the more money they get. Unfortunately history has shown with Wildcard those things do not correlate.

Official pvp is an absolute hacking/duping mess. Also no legit dev team announces a second version of the game before the last DLC is even fully released lmao. Was a huge flop & time will show that unfortunately.

And does that matter? It matters more that they make a great trailer or it matters more that they improve the games they already have and then continue with the next ones because if they did not have all the work together and I repeat, if WildCard listened to its community, it would still be with Ark 1 fixing the bugs that must fix but no, they don't listen to us, they think we'll spend more money on another POORLY OPTIMIZED game (I put this in capital letters because it is very important) if WildCard listened to us it would make great games but no, the only thing they do is put all their effort into make a good cover but as you read the book you realize that the backstory goes from bad to worse because they put less effort on it and then you find out ... the creator of that book was starting to create a new book with a better cover but he left his previous book thrown away. What does it mean? that WildCard only comes, it shows you a great game and a great impression, then the company gets bored of that game and even with many things to improve, it sells you a new game with the same base that they used to create the new game, that is to say that that base that they used that had many errors, they use it again WITHOUT HAVING LEARNED THE LESSON.

I don't know if you understand me.

By the way, in case you don't know, I'm using a translator and I say it in case something he said reads weird or I wrote it wrong, you know how bad the translator is, at least it's better than the AI of Ark of the dinosaurs xd

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, MasterT said:

And does that matter? It matters more that they make a great trailer or it matters more that they improve the games they already have and then continue with the next ones because if they did not have all the work together and I repeat, if WildCard listened to its community, it would still be with Ark 1 fixing the bugs that must fix but no, they don't listen to us, they think we'll spend more money on another POORLY OPTIMIZED game (I put this in capital letters because it is very important) if WildCard listened to us it would make great games but no, the only thing they do is put all their effort into make a good cover but as you read the book you realize that the backstory goes from bad to worse because they put less effort on it and then you find out ... the creator of that book was starting to create a new book with a better cover but he left his previous book thrown away. What does it mean? that WildCard only comes, it shows you a great game and a great impression, then the company gets bored of that game and even with many things to improve, it sells you a new game with the same base that they used to create the new game, that is to say that that base that they used that had many errors, they use it again WITHOUT HAVING LEARNED THE LESSON.

I don't know if you understand me.

By the way, in case you don't know, I'm using a translator and I say it in case something he said reads weird or I wrote it wrong, you know how bad the translator is, at least it's better than the AI of Ark of the dinosaurs xd

At some point people have to realize Ark 1 is what it is. It’s done for the most part. There’ll  be some bug fixes, some QOL changes but the game is finished. 

You’re not going to see the sweeping changes you want to see. It’s on to bigger, better, newer. That’s how the game industry works. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 12/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, MasterT said:

I'm sorry to say this, but it's ridiculous and very soon for them to show Ark 2, I don't know what happened with Atlas but if they continue to improve it they will have a lot of jobs that is:

That's the best way to do it, start from scratch on a better engine.

Grapeshot games make Atlas not Wildcard. Atlas have their own team dedicated to that game that aren't involved in Ark, so this point it moot.

- Ark 1 still has bugs, performance, graphics and more to improve How the hell are they going to do to get all that ready?

It is clearly obvious that after 5 years there are some bugs and performance issues that cannot be fixed after all this time. The sooner you get your head around this and accept it the less stressed you'll be about issues that can't be fixed.

Now if something can't be fixed then why waste time trying to fix it instead of making sure the future products don't end up the same?

Why are they doing this crazy thing? The answer is: money, money

Oh shock horror a business, a game company is doing stuff for money? They have staff to pay? No way, this is mind blowing.

You only have to look at the Dev team (not through your red mist) to see that they love the community and they do what they do for the community, BUT, at the same time they are still a business trying to make ends meet just like the rest of us are. If you worked for Wildcard would you wanted to be paid a salary for your work? Yes of course you would, so how would you expect the business to make money?

As for Ark II being too soon, just think about this for a second. When was Gen 2 meant to originally drop? Winter 2020 right? So it was pretty much meant to have dropped by now. What would that have coincided with? The Game Awards right? So originally it is likely that Gen 2 would have dropped, then the TGA would have announced Ark II once all of Ark content was released.

Now due to Covid and other things Gen 2 got delayed to March 2021, but that shouldn't mean Ark II announcement should get delayed as well because then they'd also have to delay the announcement of The Animated Series, and also there may have been agreements with Vin Diesel etc for this announcement to be done at the Game Awards.

There's lots that you have failed to consider.

Ark will still receive bug fixes and support, the Devs have stated this. But after 5+ years everyone should have expected the team to move on to a new game, and people should be glad that the new game is an Ark sequel rather than a completely unrelated game.

So stop with this "oh they only care about money, money, money" garbage. Maybe if you ran a business with lots of employees you'd understand why making money is just as important.

I think it's a good thing.  I'm a relatively new player (bout a year and a half), but it seems to me like the older player base was ready for some big news/announcements.  And I'm excited too for sure.  It gets people excited and hyped up for an upcoming release, even its far away. I doubt we'll see Ark 2 until at least 2022 but that doesn't change my excitement.  And regarding the bugs, we can only hope that wildcard will address most of the major bugs/issues players complain about in Ark 2 itself. Keeping in mind the overall customer service experience/bug fixing has already gotten tremendously better in the past few years, I think this can only be a positive move.  Let's just hope Ark remains Ark with this new release and that these new changes push us further toward the direction Ark was already headed.

It makes sense. Wildcard has been a studio whose philosophy has been "put out more content" rather than polish existing content. Its been a very successful philosophy. 
Contrast this with a game like Planetside 2, which has seen endless tweaks, modifications, nerfs, attempts at balance. But really very little new content added over its lifetime. Wildcard's approach has been wildly successful.

I think it's too early for Ark 2 because what do they have? A trailer, which is a movie, and shows zero gameplay and doesnt even give us a design synopsis. What will it be? What is the goal here?  Take the money you put towards that movie and save it for in-game development, please.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, slejo said:

It wasnt crappy. Yuty-Rex in fight part was awesome. The cave part was very interesting... full of emotions and nostalgia.

We can certainly agree to disagree ( I actually do think the cave part was cool), but overall it was so wonky and seemed like nothing more than WC saying "hey guys look Vin Diesel is in the game."

Ok we have heared about the negatives but lets talk about the positives now , The trailer had some robotic instants if you want to go technical and into details but the overall result is a positive one in my opinion , the the  T Rex animation is one of the best animated dinosaurs i ever seen , at one point you cant tell if Vin Diesel is animated or real , the fuana and flora are beautiful , the soundtrack is a masterpiece and  the final scene when they come out of the cave is breathtaking. 

It got people hyped and that is what trailers are for , i would say it was a very successful trailer for what it was meant to do.

• 2 weeks later...

@Original Poster:

Clearly you do not understand how game studios function, this isn't anything new and certainly wasn't unexpected.  This is a business that you can very easily scuttle the boat and sink with or you can evolve and grow.  You have to understand that the gaming industry is getting highly competitive and with titles being so much more convenient to create by Indie developers, game studios have no choice but to develop or burn in fire.   Plus, financially this makes perfect sense.     As for the company resources, Studios don't just snatch up  every Dev they have and turn focus to one title or another, they departmentalize and hire support staff for each title, some of the more dominant public facing names you see on the team will probably have a toe dipped into each one of those title's pool(s), but there's dedicated team members for each as well.   If you look at Studio Wildcard's actual page, they are hiring constantly, so rest assured they will have the manpower to make this thing happen.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:12 AM, MasterT said:

Why are they doing this crazy thing? The answer is: money, money, learn something money (In Latin America and Spain this is a meme) the point is that they do it for money, it shows that Wildcard is a novice and surely they will hire or Wildcard will divide into groups to do all the work, but we are talking about Wildcard and Ark 2 will only be a disaster, they must have made Ark 2 many years later because at least after finishing completely with Ark 1 and being with Atlas at least they would have gained more experience but no, Wildcard do everything, it is Like you have to paint a picture, clean your table and pet the dog, obviously you can't do everything at once and start ONE by ONE, little by little, but if we talk about WildCard it will surely try to pet the dog with one foot, paint a painting with his left hand and cleaning his table with his right, but since his body cannot support it he gets tired and creates a mess, he drops the painting, hits the dog and the dog bites it, and by accident you remove the paint from your table instead of cleaning Ar the dust on it WildCard just wants to make all the money it can and it thinks that it could make Ark 2 a great game and that it can fix all the bugs in Ark 1, it thinks it can do all the work at the same time but I don't know what will happen, it is really just speculation what I say but it does not mean that I do not like Ark 1 and 2 those games are the best games I have played but it fell into the hands of WildCard and that company has no idea what it is doing, so I can only pray they postpone Ark 2 and instead of expanding the fun, they should improve on what they already have.

Atlas died because the devs were ridiculously incompetent and that's putting it nicely...

A grand total of 4 ships in a naval game??? Fantastic balancing that results in a large battleship somehow being more nimble and faster then a much smaller ship??? A levelling system where players have to run past 100+ high level creatures that infinitely spawn and generate super lag to activate a fountain in order to increase levels? A "PVP" mode where for 3/4 of the day you can't actually attack your enemy??? Bears and horses that can pull carts with aimbot shotgun turrets that one shot players while the drivers just drives around at full speed?????? Flamethrower carts that somehow function underwater??? 👺

That game was unmitigated disaster. As long as the ARK devs learn from what went wrong in Atlas I'm sure that ARK 2 will be least as good as ARK 1. Main points they need to remember is that people want open world unlimited PVP with no rules, don't go all carebear on us like in Atlas. ARK players like variety and gameplay that encourages skill over garbage like auto aiming weapons and XRAY vision - yes Parasaur and Snow Owl need to be deleted from the game.

Archived