The Dark Tower - Design & PvP Feedback

TinToaster48878

Looking for feedback on this recent base design from both aesthetic and PvP defensibility perspectives...

I've been working on this design for a very long time, borrowing some of the architecture concepts from Sl1pg8r and GG Fizz.  It's essentially 12 stories tall to the rotunda at the top upon which the minion turret sits.  All exterior walls are two panels with a second interior wall (1x tile from the exterior wall).  Metal gateways and gates also sit between the two sets of walls.  

I decided to leave some windows on each level for natural light; the gates can all be closed at once via a control panel to seal off the windows.  The windows do not sit at floor level, making it more difficult to get in through the windows.

The only way in is from the top... you must either land up top or ride the exterior elevator up from the bottom (brood mother arena area) and then make your way down on the interior via ladders and another elevator.  I haven't included interior pics, but there numerous "rings" of Auto Turret placements in the interior to finish off anyone who might make it inside.  The exterior boasts 16 Auto Turrets every other floor plus more at the top for a total  of 128 Auto Turrets and 24 Plant Species X Turrets.

The location of the tower is such that a land based attack is very difficult.  There is not much room around the footprint to drop in dinos and it's nearly impossible to walk them up to the base supports.  The sheer height of the tower (and current positions) makes it difficult to fly in over the tower out of the turret range.

I make no claims that it's indestructible; I'm just trying to provide a clear picture of the build for PvP defense input.

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived