[Noob] How do I raise a Tropeognathus?

imonaunicorn

I'm very new to Ark and it's my first week playing! A nice player on my PvE server gave me a fertilized Tropeognathus egg, its saddle and a cryopod. I don't want to screw up raising this child! Can anyone give me tips on how I can raise them with limited resources? I've only ever been able to make basic and simple kibble and all the tutorials/lets plays I see on Youtube use items that are beyond my reach right now. Will raw meat/raw fish do in raising it?

Raw meat is good for it. Place it in it's inventory as a baby. Once it reaches juvenile it will eat out of troughs through Juvenile, Adolescence, and until it is an Adult, so you can then place raw meat in those. Watch for spoilage and keep it with enough food to eat throughout. 

If you're going to be away for an extended time frame, place it in the cryopod. It will pause raising at the moment you cryo'd it.

Don't use fish meat for a Trope. It will eat twice as much.

10 minutes ago, Tomm1e1 said:

Also if the baby wants an item for imprint you dont have(e.g. exceptional kibble), you can cryo to re-roll the imprint, but this can be done just once per imprint stage.

No, you are not right it can be done indefinite times, on pvp you have to account to not give it the cryo sicknes, so it could take some tries, but on pve just re-cryo until deired imprint is asked.

4 hours ago, kpc said:

No, you are not right it can be done indefinite times, on pvp you have to account to not give it the cryo sicknes, so it could take some tries, but on pve just re-cryo until deired imprint is asked.

I really wish the devs would get rid of that game mechanic. It's annoying to go through all the trouble of having the right stuff for imprints while watching your tribemate just cryo it until he gets the right one.

17 hours ago, zero064 said:

I really wish the devs would get rid of that game mechanic. It's annoying to go through all the trouble of having the right stuff for imprints while watching your tribemate just cryo it until he gets the right one.

Yes, if only there was a way to avoid having to go through all that trouble....

oh wait

Archived