Why Is Primitive plus Still so broken? It hasn't been given the TLC 3 update, nor the animated skins for the ark series. It has so many bugs like characters standing ontop of dinos instead of riding them. No character creation, no kibble taming. I feel like if Wild Card would have left it as a mod it would be doing much better right now. Are they abandoning Prim Plus? 

From what I understand, a simple explanation is that the Wildcard does not believe that the game mode is popular enough to warrant the fixes and updates it requires. For the same reason it does not warrant furthering the mode by including it in the main game or having it set aside as a separate one. 

And I suppose, if the game mode isn't registering a high player count I can see why it may not be viewed as popular enough. Those numbers are a bit skewed however as they are based on a the broken form of the game. 

Honestly with Ark 2 on the way, I am pretty sure it is an abandoned game mode. We may have a better chance at getting some of the items or aspects of the Primitive Mode with Ark 2 as opposed to them furthering the game mode as is. 

Personally I truly wish it wasn't so, however it seems to make the most sense. 

19 hours ago, EssenceOfChaos said:

Why Is Primitive plus Still so broken? It hasn't been given the TLC 3 update, nor the animated skins for the ark series. It has so many bugs like characters standing ontop of dinos instead of riding them. No character creation, no kibble taming. I feel like if Wild Card would have left it as a mod it would be doing much better right now. Are they abandoning Prim Plus? 

Standing on top of dinos is actually a relllllly simple fix... giving the TLC update and stuff is also ez as pie..

• 2 weeks later...

I reported the riding while standing bug when it popped up April 9th, 2020. IIRC kibble was broken prior to that. There is no rush to fix bugs. I understand paying a salary for someone to fix bugs when there are less than 1000 players on official server isn't worth it, but I'd bet if bugs were fixed more people would play. Taming w/o kibble is painful when we don't have multiplier events. Maybe WC  should take the dedication of those 1000 players to put up with all the bugs as encouragement about how much prim+ appeals. I hate the high tech, if there was no prim+ I wouldn't play ark at all. I paid for the original game and the expansions. I didn't pay for genesis or anything else that doesn't work with prim.