kaseyk5

So I have only seen one giga on my map on the island and I never saw it again. Tried to tame it by bringing it down from a mountain to the green obelisk rocks but I haven't seen it since. Looked up all giga spawn points and can't seem to find any. I haven't entered the tek cave but to my knowledge the ones in there are untameable. Tips on finding one to tame? 

9 minutes ago, kaseyk5 said:

So I have only seen one giga on my map on the island and I never saw it again. Tried to tame it by bringing it down from a mountain to the green obelisk rocks but I haven't seen it since. Looked up all giga spawn points and can't seem to find any. I haven't entered the tek cave but to my knowledge the ones in there are untameable. Tips on finding one to tame? 

Kill everything in the areas they spawn at until one spawns. 

I've found one location to be a hotspot. Giga mountain (complete eastern mountain) usually has one. If not murder everything in the area and one may spawn in.

Other locations I've seen one:

Metal mountain (mountain between volcano and giga mountain).

Eastern snow mountain.

If they aren't there, just kill everything there or do a dino wipe if in SP.

Happy hunting!

4 hours ago, Luewen said:

Gigas are on their own spawn group. Other spawns dont hinder their spawning unless server wild dino limit is full.

I remember this being explained in another thread, there is an 'area limit' where if there's too many dinos spawned it won't spawn a giga in said area, killing would help in this instance 

21 hours ago, kaseyk5 said:

It's just a matter of flying around between their spawn points until you get some luck and find one.

Since you know their spawn points (I'm guessing you've looked at the Spawn Map on arkipedia) you also know that all five are on the top of mountains, which means that when they spawn they almost immediately start working their way down the mountain in some mostly-random direction. If they wander far enough away from the spawn point they'll get despawned by the server and then there will be some time delay before the next one spawns on that point.

What all this means is that any given moment there will be somewhere between 0-5 gigas on the map and they can be surprisingly hard to spot in some areas unless you make a habit of flying fairly low. You can fly around for hours and not see one, then suddenly run across three of them in one day as you're moving around the map playing the game.

Your best bet is to make sure that you carry the supplies with you to make a giga taming trap at all times so that when you do spot one you'll be ready.

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

I remember this being explained in another thread, there is an 'area limit' where if there's too many dinos spawned it won't spawn a giga in said area, killing would help in this instance 

Yeh, thats what i meant with wild dino limit. However its rare that the area limit is full. Unless you are alone on the server or play single players.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, kaseyk5 said:

I play on official PVE and live along the little river on the west side of the volcano (island map).  I see one on the west slopes of the volcano about once per week.  And have seen them on every mountain at various times.  I do kill lots of things in my area and I see lots of good new spawns every day in all shapes and sizes... as previous posts pretty much explained how killing will generate spawns.  I would just pick a mountain that is close to you, learn its' topography and figure out where you can be successful with a trap.  Then just start making daily trips up the mountain to kill all the critters.  Eventually a giga will spawn (with luck... in the right area).  Hopefully you will be prepared to snare it.  Like a good boy scout, Be Prepared.  But also be ready to adjust your plans if / when necessary.  Gigas don't always behave the way you want them too. lol.  And remember to be mindful of anyone that lives in the area and to not lead a giga to their base if you can prevent it.  Good luck.

Archived