No 2x taming for winter wonderland?

KRONOSDOUBLE

6 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

So we get 2x breeding but not 2x taming? Just like last year, smaller tribes don't have anything to look forward to in this event. Sure we can do some farming and breeding, but how we supposed to breed when we can't even get the proper tames to breed with?

What are you talking about? Taming is twice as fast as last year normally now due to the permanent rate increase so if that would have been good for last year, you'll be good for this year.

Always more, "I want more." It's never enough. Just do what they give or go to an unofficial now since Ark 1 servers will start to be repurposed after Ark 2 gets released anyway and it will give you small tribes the rates you apparently need.

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

What are you talking about? Taming is twice as fast as last year normally now due to the permanent rate increase so if that would have been good for last year, you'll be good for this year.

Always more, "I want more." It's never enough. Just do what they give or go to an unofficial now since Ark 1 servers will start to be repurposed after Ark 2 gets released anyway and it will give you small tribes the rates you apparently need.

Official is boosted more than my unofficial lol

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Sorry we can't all be a part of big tribes where we already have every tame there is. Some of us have to go and tame our own stuff instead of breeding max stat bullets soakers and gigas twice as fast

1 hour ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Sorry we can't all be a part of big tribes where we already have every tame there is. Some of us have to go and tame our own stuff instead of breeding max stat bullets soakers and gigas twice as fast

You are taming 2x faster than a year ago and 4x faster than few years prior. You'll get there man just need to put in the work :)

On 12/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

That is a long long long time away bud 😂😂

4 hours ago, carbonark said:

It’s always going to be funny to me that people get offended over someone asking about 2x taming as if it’s a personal attack to want faster taming during an event when everything is boosted. Especially when every other comparable event included 2x taming along with the other boosted rate recently.

It's always funny to me when people expect certain things out of events claiming patterns "every other comparable bla bla bla"... the pattern I see is people consistently claiming their pattern broke. Maybe it's your school of thought that has the broken premise? To my thinking any event is above and beyond what you should expect, so be grateful for what ever you get, and don't be entitled to what you expected to get.

4 hours ago, Zarn said:

I for one am glad . The ×2 taming brings in lots of griefers and raiding tribes from China , Russia and Turkey. We need a break on official from all the events. Ill take the breeding tho. Helps with breeding lines. I know it sucks for newer players on established servers but it helps the established tribes...

Don't get me wrong, its nice having 2x breeding, but its only really beneficial for.those with access to the high level tames with mutations. I am.in no way a new player, but I dont have access to mega tribe resources like a lot of people do, so breeding amazing tames is out of the question. I kinda rely on taming most of my things to play the game

1 hour ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Don't get me wrong, its nice having 2x breeding, but its only really beneficial for.those with access to the high level tames with mutations. I am.in no way a new player, but I dont have access to mega tribe resources like a lot of people do, so breeding amazing tames is out of the question. I kinda rely on taming most of my things to play the game

What? No. Its beneficial to you just as much as them. That's the great thing about events.. you just choose to not partake. Thats you.

5 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

It's always funny to me when people expect certain things out of events claiming patterns "every other comparable bla bla bla"... the pattern I see is people consistently claiming their pattern broke. Maybe it's your school of thought that has the broken premise? To my thinking any event is above and beyond what you should expect, so be grateful for what ever you get, and don't be entitled to what you expected to get.

Um, wow. Thanks for proving my point.

On the note of "broken patterns" how about you name the last event that did not include increased taming rates? (I'll give you a hint, you'll have to look back well over a year...)

On 12/17/2020 at 3:08 PM, d1nk said:

What? No. Its beneficial to you just as much as them. That's the great thing about events.. you just choose to not partake. Thats you.

So a person breeding brand new wild tamed rex is getting just as much benefit from 2x breeding as a tribe that breeds max stat Rex's, gigas, stegos, paracers, etc.?

Yea....ok. Goodluck selling me on that one

47 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

So a person breeding brand new wild tamed rex is getting just as much benefit from 2x breeding as a tribe that breeds max stat Rex's, gigas, stegos, paracers, etc.?

Yea....ok. Goodluck selling me on that one

Thats an easy sell, yeah. They're both equally benefiting from the halved raise time. If anything the new guy is benefiting MORE because he has a lot more work to do versus the person breeding max stats just raising tames to trade or as extras.

19 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats an easy sell, yeah. They're both equally benefiting from the halved raise time. If anything the new guy is benefiting MORE because he has a lot more work to do versus the person breeding max stats just raising tames to trade or as extras.

Perhaps they are benefitting equally in the moment. The problem is that a good majority of those tames raised by mega tribes are gonna go to trolling on the little guys server and all his stuff and tames are going to get killed/stolen. You can keep trying to justify your point of view, but the truth is that big tribes benefit more from 2x breeding than little tribes do. 

Of course I understand why there is 2x breeding. Its because WC wants to keep their big tribes happy and active so they keep buying dlcs for the game and to keep them happy so they will buy ark 2 when it comes out.

But they should also do 2x taming so that little tribes and solo players on official can build and enjoy the game too. But the reality is that they get the shaft from trolls with no.lube because they can't compete against megas with limitless resources and tames and hundreds of members at their disposal

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

2 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Perhaps they are benefitting equally in the moment. The problem is that a good majority of those tames raised by mega tribes are gonna go to trolling on the little guys server and all his stuff and tames are going to get killed/stolen. You can keep trying to justify your point of view, but the truth is that big tribes benefit more from 2x breeding than little tribes do. 

Of course I understand why there is 2x breeding. Its because WC wants to keep their big tribes happy and active so they keep buying dlcs for the game and to keep them happy so they will buy ark 2 when it comes out.

But they should also do 2x taming so that little tribes and solo players on official can build and enjoy the game too. But the reality is that they get the shaft from trolls with no.lube because they can't compete against megas with limitless resources and tames and hundreds of members at their disposal

I think you guys are looking at this from two different perspectives. In pve yes, everyone does benefit equally here. However in pvp most smaller groups or solo players aren't breeding anything as the base locations they have aren't suitable for breeding and, frankly it's pointless to breed most tamed dinos in pvp as they just can't compete with other lines on official clusters. That being the case many pvp players simply dont breed tames, so having 2x breeding and not 2x taming is a massive loss for a lot of pvp players

On 12/15/2020 at 10:21 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

So we get 2x breeding but not 2x taming? Just like last year, smaller tribes don't have anything to look forward to in this event. Sure we can do some farming and breeding, but how we supposed to breed when we can't even get the proper tames to breed with?

"...they can only focus on the negatives. Simple minded, the lot of them!"

-Sir Edmund Rockwell.

Archived