Alpha crystal wyvern spawns riddiculously bad?

JJacky

Alpha crystal wyverns seem to be EXTREMELY rare. I've browsed through different servers with my tribemates for weeks and all we've found is ONE. Is WC trying to alienate us from doing CI bosses or what? You need one claw even for GAMMA difficulty! In comparison, the standard gamma dragon requires no trophies; only artifacts. Looks like our tribe is going to wrap up and ditch CI altogether and return to where everyone returns eventually: Ragnarok.

Fix the spawns maybe? or remove the trophy requirement from gamma and reduce for beta and alpha. Otherwise, not many will even bother doing the boss on CI.

alpha claws are easy to obtain , you can get about 3-4 in one hour, i use my mana (2k melee)  i kill the heir south of the griffin trench moving from one spawning spot to the other and eventually an alpha wyvern spawn, 

people in general use a giga and lure all the wyvern to it with same result, no need to travel to different server

Hello all,  I have been playing ark for years and believe this is may be my first time ever posting a comment in a thread. But for this topic I wanted to chime in as the low alpha spawn problem on CI has been the most frustrating issue I've had on ARK. I've tried many methods from the threads to no avail. Others on our server have complained of the same. It's interesting I was reading threads for a year ago and yet I still see it's a problem. 

After a tribe mate and I spent hours last night looking killing tons of wyverns again just to not get 1 talon is almost game breaking or at least map breaking.  As many have said before it's tempting to just head back to Ragnarok and I love the CI map besides this factor.  Don't mean to complain but wish there was an easier solution or less talons needed to do the boss fights.  Although I am encouraged by @L4D2 solution. I haven't tried specifically hunting heirs in all four spawn points. So thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have 45 alpha talons saved up from the last 3 months.  SOunds like you are not killing enough wyverns.  You would do better to lure all the wyverns by the heir nests and kill them all repeatedly until one spawns.  One can also show up around the volcano in the flat area on the eastern siide of hte mountain.  Those are the 2 places I find them usually. But most my talons came from the heirs nests.  You need to check inside the nest area too, sometimes they are in the walls of the area in the middle.

Harvesting primal almost on the daily there should produce alphas , not everyday, but often enough.

• 1 month later...

Yeaah the spawns seem to be off since the beginning of the Xmas event.

Its generally accepted to be 20-100 kills to spawn an alpha, but I've been regularly having to kill up 100-140 just to spawn an alpha. Which isn't much however the spawns of standard heirs seem to have slowed considerably too.

It's getting real tedious just to do a alpha queen run lol.

I've literally created an acc on this forum to confirm the issue. Things are getting worse lately in the spawn rate. In the last couple of months that im playing on a server with 17 players, after killing maybe more than 200 wyverns i have 0 Alphas! I've literally tried everywhere, i have tried killing every single wyvern on the map and they don't appear. So i had to ask from players that played the game longer and have managed to get some months ago. There is something very wrong with the spawns overall on the CI lately. Half of the dinos are missing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like most of the posts in this thread are anecdotal at best.   If it's not your main map, it's absolutely a pain to get them to spawn.  What's even weirder is how the whole rest of the map (particularly around Eldritch) is just a hot bed for Alphas, yet the one you need for the map is still rare.

Yeah, kill Wyverns to make them spawn.   That's how random numbers work.  The more chances, the better your odds.   Problem is the 5% spawn rate isn't good enough.

It used to be easier when the map first came out because the Fire Wyverns all spawned at one point in the floating Islands and then you could just go to that spot and kill a bunch of them, but they fixed that, and now you have to randomly travel all over to find and kill the wyverns.   Killing the ones at the Trench doesn't seem to be much better.

Fortunately I finally beat the Alpha Queen and I have no intention of doing much with the map as I don't care for it.

• 5 months later...

I consider myself to still be a newbie when it comes to playing this game even though I have been playing it for a year and a half now but I have noticed all the things spoken of here myself. I have also noticed that the wild wyverns seem to be extremely more powerful then they were before and when I tame them and breed them they are just not the same as they used to be; meaning I can tame a pair breed them and level that wyvern up and it is junk against a wild wyvern. For example a bred wyvern levied up to be close to 300 is nearly taken out by a level 55? It never used to be like this and like the posts I just read above it makes it nearly impossible to be able to do the boss fights on CI. It seems like with every update more and more things go wrong which is currently vastly out weighing anything good that is supposed to come from the updates. It has gotten me wondering why I am spending money on this?

Archived