ark 2 Lights out, old friend. Background of the Ark 2 story

slejo

It would be nice to know some details of what happened in the cave in the Ark 2 trailer. Santiago ... we knew so far that he is a hacker, tek stuff engineer, legendary mek pilot.

Why does Santiago look like a Mayan warrior here? Who is "Lights out, old friend" talking to?
I guess the words go to other himself, old ARK 1 Santiago. New Santiago removes old one. It foreshadows the new times and say goodbye to the old ones. I suspect that this will happen not only with Santiago, but also with Helena Walker, Edmund Rockwell and others.

What are the devices that Santiago operates in cave?
I think its some kind of human cloning chamber. Human replicator / modifier? Perhaps we will be able to choose what Santiago, what Helena, or what Edmund Rockwell we would like to be.

And in what space and time do these events take place?
I bet its distant future. The girl looks at our (Ark1) history painted at walls. The removal of the old Santiago can be a symbol of breaking away from Ark 1 and foreshadowing a new story - slightly related to the old one.

lightsoff.jpg

• slejo changed the title to Lights out, old friend. Background of the Ark 2 story

Archived