Community Crunch 249: Winter Wonderland 5 and More!

StudioWildcard

12 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Whoooooooopppp! Yeah!!!!! Double exciting crunches! One thing tho, does anyone actually care about the swim suits? Ik they are super easy to make, but, to me they seam kinda Meh....

I would if there were a birthday suit gloves skin. ^^ at the moment i use the swim suit skins only for my diving suit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, krimsonhelm22 said:

Are you really going to wait a hour for taming most dinos?? I don't think so and they had 2 times taming last Christmas event so I don't know what changed and it should be 2 times everything 

If I want it bad enough, yes I will wait a hour, it's not horrible . As for having 2x taming last year, they made it permanent this year so, you already have 2x taming. 

Hope the server maintenance helps with the lag spikes and DC's that keep happening on the servers i play on. Would be nice.

Also kind of worried that with Ark 2 coming, WC wont feel the need to bother bug fixing genesis part 2. Hell, there are still some pretty bad bugs in gen 1 that haven't been even addressed ( Tames being banished to the shadow realm thanks to hlna's tp). 

Here's hoping for the best.

7 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

If I want it bad enough, yes I will wait a hour, it's not horrible . As for having 2x taming last year, they made it permanent this year so, you already have 2x taming. 

I know but always seems like the last few events had 2 times taming and always seemed like a package deal with xp and harvesting . . . . l'm just saying but I'm not only one there is others on Twitter and etc. mentioning or wanting taming.

9 hours ago, Dezes1 said:

If I want bad enough, yeah, I'll wait, it wouldnt be the first time.

I'm pretty sure you would but also being harassing with reactions to any and all of my posts is pretty much a time waster. It's like you aren't getting anything out of it either  . . . but just a observation from someone who doesn't waste time either. Even if that includes taming time.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator

I just hope Ark 2 doesn't have EVO events, because the constant demand for higher rates every single week without fail is just bad. Rates got x2 perm, then people still complain about EVO events each week, then rates got 2x perm again and still people complain about EVO rates.

It's created a community of people desperate for unofficial rates on official servers. Lets scrap that for Ark 2 before it starts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vahilor said:

To be honest... Genesis 2 hyped me for Ark but the new Ark 2 trailer did put me off so much I am in no mood to even to log in and feed my dinos on my server...

Yes, announcing Ark 2 before release of Genesis 2 is unfortunate.

As New Santiago said .. Light's out, old friend.
But wait! we havent played new DLC yet and the lights for Ark 1 have already been turned off in the trailer.

This can create a feeling that the sense of taking the time to develop bases and dinos in "the old Ark" is questioned.

Edited by slejo

3 hours ago, GP said:

I just hope Ark 2 doesn't have EVO events, because the constant demand for higher rates every single week without fail is just bad.

It may be worth considering what the reason is. Hardly anyone has that much time for gaming and Ark is one of the most time-consuming games in the world. The real world considers us arkholics, time wasters, while we just raise our gigas. I think permanent multipliers would have to go to actual x3-x4 (including breeding) so that the vast majority of people would stop complaining and demanding EVO. Otherwise its too grindy game for most people and many people leave ark not because of they dont like it. Time consuming plays a big role in moving away from Ark.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, slejo said:

It may be worth considering what the reason is. Hardly anyone has that much time for gaming and Ark is one of the most time-consuming games in the world. The real world considers us arkholics, time wasters, while we just raise our gigas. I think permanent multipliers would have to go to actual x3-x4 (including breeding) so that the vast majority of people would stop complaining and demanding EVO. Otherwise its too grindy game for most people and many people leave ark not because of they dont like it. Time consuming plays a big role in moving away from Ark.

Rates on Ark 2 definitely need to be set at more realistic values certainly. If they include breeding in the game they also need to either change the mechanic a lot to make it less time consuming, or whack up the rates and learn from Ark 1.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krimsonhelm22 said:

I'm pretty sure you would but also being harassing with reactions to any and all of my posts is pretty much a time waster. It's like you aren't getting anything out of it either  . . . but just a observation from someone who doesn't waste time either. Even if that includes taming time.

Kroger sells cheese to go with that whine

• Facepalm 1