Community Crunch 249: Winter Wonderland 5 and More!

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, Luce said:

Hope the server maintenance helps with the lag spikes and DC's that keep happening on the servers i play on. Would be nice.

Also kind of worried that with Ark 2 coming, WC wont feel the need to bother bug fixing genesis part 2. Hell, there are still some pretty bad bugs in gen 1 that haven't been even addressed ( Tames being banished to the shadow realm thanks to hlna's tp). 

Here's hoping for the best.

OR BLOODSTALKERS STILL TAKING 1200 BLOOD

3 hours ago, Dezes1 said:

Kroger sells cheese to go with that whine

I'm just saying but the last few events have been taming including evo. This event isn't any different. You can look back at any of the cc and see that. Apparently all you have been doing is talking drivel with these reply messages. 

• Facepalm 1

I've been playing this game since about since months into early access on Xbox. I love this game so much, despite all the technical issues and other ups and downs. Still a great raptoring game. Super unique gameplay and a ever growing community. Unfortunately within that community are some who only want to disrupt others fun, time and hard work. Especially with this DDoss poop. It's quite frankly maddening and frustrating. I've only played official the whole time and have dealt with it on too many occasions. But recently on my home server Genesis 1232, it's been beyond frustrating. DDoss around 12 to 18 hours a day. Too the point where my tribe mates know whome it is. Babies dying, structures decaying, dc'ing in a dangerous spot, etc... I usually get a chance to raise gigas, tusis and such about once a year. I lost 25 baby gigas after literally spending all day on my day off right before the juvenile stage. The common retort would be to play elsewhere. But that shouldn't be the only answer. It's a big deal for me a some other folks of the tribe being working adults with lives and families outside the world of Ark. I'm currently penning this whilst working on an assembly line building Dodge Ram 1500's! And all our eggs are usually in one basket (server) and impossible to play when unable to access said basket. And I would like to actually be able to enjoy this upcoming Christmas event and add to what we've already accrued as individuals and a tribe. I'm just almost certain that won't be possible with these attacks on our server. I've lost so much in this game over the years due to illegal play and have been past tired of it. And as excited as I am with the announcement of Ark 2, I'm hoping that hasn't shifted focus too much away from the quality of life in the current Ark. I know you have a slew of messages, tickets and whatever else coming from the community. I just hope my prayers could be answered and DDossing begone from my server and Ark as a whole. Please hear my cry...🥲

On 12/14/2020 at 9:00 PM, Cyberra said:

If the light pet chibis don't glow I will be very disappointed.

Why not 2x taming, with all the pretty colors coming? Will the chibis still be craftable, since getting presents becomes Death Race Ark and people will steal chibis out of Raptor Claus presents right out from under someone? If someone lands on a present and then someone else arrives, the person with the less lag will steal everything even if someone else was there first. It was happening a lot last year, and it will be even worse this year.

Ill assume on pve , on pvp  shotgun addresses that issue 😃

34 minutes ago, Jezzie said:

Why you guys announce one time here for the event to begin "10 am PST" and then you announce on Twitter "3pm PST" thats just not okey...! I dont get how events can never ever be in time.....:/

Ah ok so thats what the problem is, I was going by 10am PST listed here, didn't think to check twitter. Thanks!

Happy Holidays everyone, thank you for bringing back Winter Wonderland - for sure my favourite event. Can I hope that the we'll have the winter landscape back on the Island (at the least, would love to have wintry trees on every map)? I missed the autumn trees skipped from this year's Fear Evolved event and I would really like to see the blanket of snow back.

Merry Xmas and have a wonderful holiday!

On 12/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, Cyberra said:

I hope they fix the kibble taming bug! Some things take twice as much kibble, or other taming food, as they should. I was trying to tame a 145 titanoboa; Dododex said it should need 7 eggs to tame. I fed it thirteen and it still would have taken two more to be tamed if it hadn't picked a fight with a vulture and gotten killed

The passive tames do not seem to be effected by the taming multiplier. Its been that way forever :( But thankfully unless your looking for terrific horrific danger noodles Titanoboas aren't necessary in the game anymore :(

I like the event and how long it is. But only thing I am really upset about is that the gachaclaus have completely replaced the regular gachas and I just started taming them. I need them for an autonomous ark that I had been planning. I play on pve official and I was planning to take a bunch during the 2x event but I can't tame any. O think you should have some gachas be regular and some be gachaclaus. Now I can't tame gachas for 2 weeks and thats all I wanted to play the event for. I hope this gets heard and this can be fixed im sure I'm not the only one upset by this.