Community Crunch 249: Winter Wonderland 5 and More!

StudioWildcard

🌲 Winter Wonderland 5 🌲

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 00.53.52.16.jpg

Winter Wonderland will be making a triumphant return for the fifth time with new presents and goodies for ARK survivors. The winter-themed holiday event begins on December 17th at 10am PST for PC, XBOX, and PS4 and will last until Thursday, January 7th. All maps will receive Winter Wonderland and all its content including RaptorClaus and GachaClaus.

Our very recognizable helper, RaptorClaus, is returning to drop off holiday gifts filled with loot, event items, mistletoe, and lumps of coal for all those naughty survivors. You'll be able to catch RaptorClaus flying across the skies at midnight (game time) on all maps.

GachaClaus is also making a come-back to help RaptorClaus spread the holiday cheer! GachaClaus will be roaming all maps in true holiday spirit while sporting holiday-themed colors. He will be accepting your coal and in exchange will gift you holiday-themed items, or you can trade-in your mistletoe and coal for a chance at event items. weapons, armor and 7 brand new Chibis!

Event Details

This event can be manually activated with the server arg parameter: -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland

Dates

December 17th to January 7th

Rates

• 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 2X Player XP
  • 2X Harvesting

Event Creatures

• RaptorClaus
  • GachaClaus

Event Skins

• Rex Sweater Skin *NEW*
  • Carolers Sweater Skin *NEW*
  • Bulbdog Sweater Skin *NEW*
  • Blue Winter Beanie *NEW*
  • Purple Winter Beanie *NEW*
  • Green Winter Beanie *NEW*
  • Male and Female Noglin Swimsuit Skin *NEW*
  • Male and Female Yeti Swimsuit Skin *NEW*
  • Candy Cane Club Skin
  •  Christmas Bola Skin
  •  Nutcracker Slingshot Skin
  •  Dino Ornament Swim Bottom Skin
  •  Dino Ornament Swim Top Skin
  •  Jerboa Wreath Swim Bottom Skin
  •  Jerboa Wreath Swim Top Skin
  •  Ugly Bronto Sweater Skin
  •  Ugly Carno Sweater Skin
  •  Ugly Chibi Sweater Skin
  •  Gray Winter Beanie Skin
  •  Purple Winter Beanie Skin
  •  Red Winter Beanie Skin
  •  Felt Reindeer Antlers Skin
  •  Santa Hat Skin

Event Chibis

• Shinehorn *NEW*
  • Featherlight *NEW*
  • Glowtail *NEW*
  • Bulbdog *NEW*
  • Top-hat Kairuku *NEW*
  • Reindeer *NEW*
  • Gacha Claus *NEW*

Event Items

•  Festive Dino Candy
  •  Holiday Lights
  •  Holiday Stocking
  •  Holiday Tree
  •  Gift Box
  •  Snowman
  •  Wreath

Wild Creature Colors

• Jade *NEW*
  • PineGreen *NEW*
  • SpruceGreen *NEW*
  • DarkMagenta *NEW*
  • Glacial *NEW*
  • PowderBlue *NEW*
  • Teal *NEW*
  • DarkViolet *NEW*
  • Red
  • Green
  • Light Grey
  • Light Red
  • Dark Green
  • Dark Red
  • Dino Light Red
  • Dino Light Green
  • Dino Medium Green
  • Dino Albino
  • NearWhite

ARK II & ARK: THE Animated Series

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 01.10.52.41.jpg

To celebrate our latest news of ARK II and ARK: The Animated Series, we've created some special skins you can obtain in-game.  Be sure to view the trailers from the ARK main game menu to get your hands on a cool anime raptor inspired from the animated series, or a hatchet and spear skin inspired from ARK II! 

Check out this article for more information on ARK II and ARK: The Animated Series!

Official Network PC Server Maintenance

574f503132322_DiploTaxi.jpg

The Official PC Network will be undergoing maintenance at approximately 10PM on Wednesday, December 16th.  We are expecting up to 3 hours of downtime during this maintenance period.  We are scheduling this downtime so that it impacts the least amount of players.

If there are changes to the proposed maintenance window timeframe, we'll provide a more specific timeframe prior to the maintenance period.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event as part of Winter Wonderland! It will be active from Thursday the 17th of Dec at 1 PM EST until  Thursday the 7th of January at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 2X Player XP
  • 2X Harvesting

Fan Art

Springloaded by Kylie Langton

download (5).jpg

Giga in ARK 2 by Robinson Vronti (Discord)

unknown (1).png

The Dragon by MoltenElement

Eoo7-P7XUAIE8jt.jpg

Feeling Nostalgic by naeriie

EpHPiCZUYAEs-jT.jpg

Griffin by Toxin

download (6).jpg

Yuty by Amberghini

1606284871_yutyy.jpg

ARK 2 by AdamsAlive4kids

ark_2__we_stick_together_no_matter_what_by_adamsalive4kids_deagcgj-fullview.jpg

Wishing everyone safe and happy holidays!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 1

If the light pet chibis don't glow I will be very disappointed.

Why not 2x taming, with all the pretty colors coming? Will the chibis still be craftable, since getting presents becomes Death Race Ark and people will steal chibis out of Raptor Claus presents right out from under someone? If someone lands on a present and then someone else arrives, the person with the less lag will steal everything even if someone else was there first. It was happening a lot last year, and it will be even worse this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

The real thing that makes me not liking much the Christmas hunting thing are people stealing your gifts.... when I started, we were in an isolated server, so little people playing and all friends, so we decided to pick one gift at a time to let others have a chance. But once we moved to Official, things got ugly. Some guys used the tek grenate to move my flyer away from me, making me being killed by allos... it's a nice idea to have the gifts falling from the sky, but it is not so much fair, because I saw people just sitting where the presents fall... 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

my first xmass event was in 2018 at the time i was still playing pvp and i remember people shooting you in the back with shotgun to steal the present, but last year (2019) i was playing pve and the experience was much more friendly, the first few days people rush for the present but after that it gets quieter and at the end almost nobody hunt the present anymore  so in the end there is enough time for everybody to get tons of stuff, 

2 hours ago, Cyberra said:

If the light pet chibis don't glow I will be very disappointed.

Why not 2x taming, with all the pretty colors coming? Will the chibis still be craftable, since getting presents becomes Death Race Ark and people will steal chibis out of Raptor Claus presents right out from under someone? If someone lands on a present and then someone else arrives, the person with the less lag will steal everything even if someone else was there first. It was happening a lot last year, and it will be even worse this year.

2X taming was made permanent a few months back, let the breeders get a perk for a change without whining

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RogueQueen said:

The real thing that makes me not liking much the Christmas hunting thing are people stealing your gifts.... when I started, we were in an isolated server, so little people playing and all friends, so we decided to pick one gift at a time to let others have a chance. But once we moved to Official, things got ugly. Some guys used the tek grenate to move my flyer away from me, making me being killed by allos... it's a nice idea to have the gifts falling from the sky, but it is not so much fair, because I saw people just sitting where the presents fall... 

Agreed--last year was the most toxic greedy crap I ever saw on ALL servers.  I have all maps & all of them filled w greedy ppl.  Xmas event brings out the worst in ppl.  I wish chibis didnt come in drops.  

3 hours ago, QuoteMissy said:

I'm surprised ActualBlack isn't part of the holiday color palette because coal, but hey the other colors available is pretty awesome!

Many colors are dark...we had purple the last 2 events.  It is one of my faves but we had purples the last 2 events.  I really wanted lemon lime to make an appearance. It is mix of yellow and lime, both colors which are very common to xmas.  Lots of dark colors....actual black would have been nice though (I like the coal idea lol)

57 minutes ago, Dezes1 said:

2X taming was made permanent a few months back, let the breeders get a perk for a change without whining

Are you really going to wait a hour for taming most dinos?? I don't think so and they had 2 times taming last Christmas event so I don't know what changed and it should be 2 times everything 

• Facepalm 4

Squeee! I am so excited!! This is my first Ark Christmas!! My gen server is hella small so super excited that there won't be huge fights over presents. Also... For those saying no 2x taming... I'm fairly certain that's a misprint. Every event has always been 2x all pretty much. I don't see this one being any different... But even so... I am totally stoked for light pet chibis !!! And dark violet dinos?! Hell yes!! Cannot wait for this event!!! Thanks Ark Team!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brizzyne said:

Squeee! I am so excited!! This is my first Ark Christmas!! My gen server is hella small so super excited that there won't be huge fights over presents. Also... For those saying no 2x taming... I'm fairly certain that's a misprint. Every event has always been 2x all pretty much. I don't see this one being any different... But even so... I am totally stoked for light pet chibis !!! And dark violet dinos?! Hell yes!! Cannot wait for this event!!! Thanks Ark Team!

Just wait on odd hours nobody is on, find a island, boom, gifts. What i did last year anyway. Always made ark hunting easy at least.

• Like 1

Oh yeah my favorite event as well!  I play pve and we would call presents out in world chat like 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.  it seemed to work pretty well because everyone on the server caught on and followed suit.  And if ya came upon a present that nobody called dibs on and no one around it was fair game.  There are ways to make it so everyone has a fair shot at loot, people just have to not be greedy about it.  There is also hopping on in off hours, it does actually work lol and especially towards the end of the event because everyone is focused on babies by that point. 

No 2x taming is kind of strange just because usually xp, harvesting and taming are a package deal during events, don’t worry I’m sure it will be brought in before the event starts.

Hey WC do ya think we could possibly get a little sugar on the event and maybe increase the quality of regular drops and loot crates this year.  It would be an awesome bonus that I’m sure we would all appreciate to close out such a crappy year that is known as 2020, please?

• Like 1