"Highest stats have a higher chance of getting more points added". True ?

Elgar

Hi,

I was browsing through Dododex website and I discovered this article : "ARK Breeding & Mutations Guide". Link : https://help.dododex.com/en/article/ark-breeding-mutations-guide

Nothing I didn't already know, except this paragraph which really surprised me :

On a Giga, the only stat that matters is Melee. All other stats have such minor increases with tamed levels that it does not make a difference. Once I tame it, the stat points will increase randomly by the amount of levels it gains. So on a 150, that comes out to 224 with kibble taming, meaning there are 74 more points that will randomly allocate. It is SUPER important to remember that the highest stats have a higher chance of getting more points added to that stat.

"Highest stats have a higher chance of getting more points added to that stat." Mmm, what ?? I tamed a bazillion dinos and I always thought that the points which are added upon completion of the taming were randomly allocated. Like, totally randomly. For a 150 dino who will gain 74 points (kibble taming), that means an average of 10 to 11 points for each of his 7 stats. But it's random : some stat will gain for example 9 points, another stat 13, another 8, etc.

According to this guide, that would mean that it's not totally random, but that the higher a stat is, the higher chance it gets to have points added. Is it true ?

What do you dev kit wizards think ? Looking at you @invincibleqc ha ha. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Elgar said:

"Highest stats have a higher chance of getting more points added to that stat." Mmm, what ?? I tamed a bazillion dinos and I always thought that the points which are added upon completion of the taming were randomly allocated. Like, totally randomly.

Yes, they are distributed randomly. If it gains 74 levels from taming, then 74 loops are performed increasing a random stat by 1. The initial value doesn't matter. However, although the wording can be confusing, that quote is right to an extent. For example, if your tame have 5-10-5-5-5-5-5, then the 10 have much better odds at becoming the highest of all once all post-tame points are distributed, etc.

I never heard of this one before, only thing close is with breeding its said that for example the male has 100melee and the female has 150melee that the baby will have a 55% chance of getting the higher number of the two. I believe that to be correct but as for taming stats being allocated im pretty sure its random.

Archived