Dino armor

CallidusVir

Suggestion

4 replies to this server topic

A interesting thing that I thought could be added to ark I’m thinking would be some sort armour for our trusted companions other than saddles. I know this is capable by modding but why not bring it to vanilla ark. I was thinking some type of attachment like how you put the glider on your chestpiece except putting the amour on your dinos saddle or just Dino armour in general.

A new armor type such as dino armor (trike rex raptor you name it) etc. It wouldn't be bones but instead a taxidermied and decorated armor type. would not be paintable but colors could be changed based on the color of the creature that was killed, for example, if you killed a red raptor taxidermied it then put the dermis on a piece of flak or riot armor ONLY it would be red and for raptors it should be the hook-claw for the boots making so when you jumped on someone they would take a lot of damage, instantly be put into prone but (since there's gotta be a drawback to it) the person wearing the armor would be slowed down when swimming\running and there jump height would be significantly decreased there would be a trike version too doing the same thing but allowing the player to use the horns on the trike head on there well...... head instead of punching would also decrease head damage about 65% less but yeah thats all and i cant add a reference photo because i made this up in my head and if i searched "ark dino armor" in google its gonna give me something about the ark 2 armor but yeah thats all i got.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:25 AM, OhNoman125 said:

i just realized everyone thought i was talking about armor that goes on your dino ._.

It did kinda read off that way. Though if we are talking like armor sets for people, that gives me serious Monster Hunter vibes and I love that. Very heavy on item count though I'd imagine. Would have to implement a large amount of balancing to such an idea as well. Still though it would be really cool to do something like that I reckon.

Archived