Suggestions for ARK 2

UCHUNOKASAI

On 11/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Im hoping so lol.  That was 1 of the 1st things i noticed about the trailer.

Id like to see how, even in the modern day,  your gonna get into a base/fortress without breaching the walls.  Above no good because AA(Turrets), and below would be antimesh so no tunneling for you.  Even if you would tunnel, youd still have to breach the floor/basement wall...Theres no conceivable way to infiltrate a base from the ground without blowing a hole.  Its been that way through all of history and will be until someone comes up with a teleporter XD.

Do remember that ark1 released and advertised itself as a primitive game too.  I wouldnt be surprised if tek found its way into ark2.  Lore wise i dont see how it couldn't.  Aberration landed and seeded on earth too.  We logically should have mutated creatures and element lingering on the earth.

I would personally welcome tek game from the beginning rather than end game, which is what I believe the next step will be. In fact one theory I have is that the devs have merely made a poor choice of words in regards to Ark 2. This theory is based on the fact that we can see tek teleporters at the end of ark 2’s trailer. I think that the proper choice of words should have been tribal themed, rather than primitive themed . Sort of how like Wakonda is imagined within the avengers storyline/ marvel universe. Spears, shields and lasers, but no guns along with dinosaurs. This is how I predict the next Ark will be. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mangost said:

well the thing i hate about forcing soaking is that a: if you are on gen2 you have no hope of soaking a tek turret wall (especially when there are online tribe members to defend) and b: raiding a big base with soaking will take HOURS of just sitting there and soaking, retreating to heal and going back to soaking. its not fun at all. if it was possible to repurpose stegos/rock golems/other tanky tames as just a DISTRACTION for turrets, to where you can then sneak in other tames to actually destroy (but with more things such as maybe better tame ai for offline defence?) just to make raiding more about actually using strategy.

It’s all a balancing act. I absolutely disagree with you about the “hours” of soaking. In my experience most soaking is about drawing Aggro from the turrets so that someone else can rush them, taking at most an hour to bypass. Turrets are not an effective defense. Ironically turrets seem to be more of an offensive tool to protect raid bases from counter attacks. I’d like better Ai for sure but how do you stop ai from being kited!

By no Tek i imagine that there will be no any teleporter under obelisk too,

Traveling to another server will take several hours in some kind of voo doo trance under some mushrooms effect in concentration till you die and your esence leave and go meet new body on another server, Ofc no items or tames transfer too.

And thats not only bad thing. Mean also no cryopods, no cryofridge, base despawn very fast in mode that one (PVE) cant go on holydays irl without to forget that he ever owned tames, base or played ark.

As fantasy part of game PVE users will have duty to go under strong  GM buffs every 5 days on PVP servers and destroy all there as revenge for all nerfs and patches caused by exploits of PVP players.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe talking out of my butt here since I havent seen any videos or gone through previous posts, but, heres some of the things Id like to see happen....

-Different building progression and metals, maybe a more earth like historical progression, wood, stone, tin/copper, bronze, iron, steal, gold.

-A little more realistic recipes, many examples from ARK, but just using one for now, electronics made from iron?  really?  Copper or gold would be cool to see used in electronics, which kind of brings you to the next one.  Could possibly add different levels of effectiveness for them, copper being an ok for electronics, but gold oooh baby.

-A better progression for levels, instead of just making better machines for the same tasks that produce more product, how about something like... forge -> refinery -> smeltery, the forge would melt your ores to make crude metals,  the refinery would be used to make a pure form of the metal and the the smeltery would be  used to smelt those same ores into more complex metals, with each tier making more durable and stronger weapons.   An example would be iron ore -> pig iron -> iron -> steel (when smelted with carbon/coal/coke (refined coal)) 

-Better made buildings and gear with advancement or a better use of crafting speed (personally Id just call it crafting, but whatever), the higher the crafting skill the better the gear, similar to how it is in ark, but with building materials (walls, doors, etc) gaining durability also.

-Combining crafting (speed) with better refined metals and additives and progression level to make superior items.

-More food items/recipes.

-Genetics, the greater number of breeding direct related dinos the greater the chance of bad mutations with a small chance of a positive mutation.  Random positive mutations with a slim chance of a negative mutation7 at all other times.  The same with cloning, the more cloning done to a dino the greater the chance the clone will have a negative mutation and only negative mutations for clones... or maybe the original ages? (see below)

-Dino aging, yep, dinos have ages and eventually die...  Really havent thought this one out though, I mean if the dinos age wouldnt that mean the player ages too... hmm, gotta work on this one some.

-Better supply drops that are useful, I mean who wants building supplies for the level you are already at?  If I get a drop at low level and find thatch building supplies Im gonna throw them out, if for no other reason than so I can build the exact same thing and get the xp for them.  Now if a supply crate drops with a building material that I cant yet make, now thats something Id be willing to chase down.

-Multi length pipes and cables, I could never figure out why if I could make a full length cable, why couldnt I make a cable half size or even a quarter size cable?  Or like the S+ mod add a flex cable/pipe.

-Wild fruit trees with fruits that have seeds so they can be grown.

A lot of other ideas but Im so tired right now.  These are just some examples of the changes that Id like to see, I think most of the low level machines/mechanics could be expanded on for higher levels.  I do really think the crafting (speed) making better building materials is a good idea that should be added if nothing else from this list gets added.

• 7 months later...

I would like to see the ornimegalonyx (orni) in ark 2, which is a prehistoric owl. This forest owl is about the size of the Ark 1 archaeopteryx and can fly like the fjordhawk or featherlight. My idea (you can make your own ability) is that if you bring it with you on material runs and put items in it’s inventory when you tell it to “go home” it will fly to the selected storage box and put the items inside. After depositing the items the orni will fly right back to you but with a cooldown on the “go home button”. It would also carry a bag like a fjordhawk. (Irl measurements 3ft tall 5ft wingspan)

I hope this wasn’t too complex of an idea for it to make it into the game 😬 but I really hope it does! 😊 Thank you!

37EE4637-3FCA-4494-9B29-DEC43BD2707E.jpeg

5C970C98-9CD7-4159-8690-8E2B5C5CA649.jpeg

Things i would like to see in Ark 2

-Vending machines that you pick what the accepted currency and product is  (this would be Top/ Tek tier)

- anything that requires fuel has a dedicated fuel slot

- back packs, or satchels, and saddles that have dedicated saddle bag inventories.  

-  if there are going to be creatures that require a special item for raising, ie venom/ milk,  allow the tamed adult version to generate and be harvested. or create a alternative creature that can be milked in substitution to its natural food.

-  Behemoth foundations, walls, ceilings, base perimeter walls .  Us PVE players like to build big bases, this would help with item count 

-   electrical cables that are placed and function similar to those in Rust 

-  i would like to see a different way of building despawn rate. i dislike the fact that i have to build out of metal or tek just to be able to take a decent break from the game. or when i was still in the national guard sometimes i didn't have the option i was just flat out unable to play for 2-3 weeks. 

- reusable large traps, that can be deployed and redeployed quickly. to reduce servers littered with traps many of which are locked, requiring others to build more traps in the area. 

- there needs to be a way to store baby and excess dinos (cryopods) i don't know if these are staying or considered tek.  but going back to the orginal days of Ark without pods or a smilliar system in place is a hard pass on Ark 2 for me. these are the primary reason why i got back into Ark. Same wwith maewing this should of been added in at Scorched Earth, huge quality of life boost. 

- Water wells that can be placed viturally anywhere and function or a large water tower.  alot of great places to build on current maps that are too far away from a sustainable water source. 

- some form of land management. ie a flag pole or sometype of item that is placed down to claim large sections of land to prevent pilliaring.  but limited to 5 per tribe and have a 14 day despan timer if not rendered in . 

- breeding/ maturation rates need to be permantely doubled if not trippled from where they are at now.  I know this is a survival game but the rates are a little excessive 

There should be a realistic dinosaur system where dinosaurs actually hunt and fight over territories. Dinosaurs would hunt creatures in their diet such as fish or live bait, or some herbivores would eat bushes or tree leaves. Most dinosaurs would run and limp away when on low health or cower in sight of a large dinosaur running at them. If something like an Iguanodon was at a river and there was a Spino, then the Iguanodon would be on alert, and if the Spino got too close they would run which means players need to stealhily hunt them or outrun and tear them apart. They also would have territorys that they would stay in being co-habitable to most creatures there. But if a Spino decided that he didnt want a Baryonyx or Sarcosuchus nearby, then they would either chase them out of the territory or hunt and kill them. If dinosaurs got chased out of a territory, then they would find a new comfortable home (like Baryonyxs and Sarcosuchus by rivers and lakes or swamps). It would also be really cool if dinosaurs actually slept, had babies, juveniles, and adolescent children that would slowly grow up and have more children to expand the population - as well as herds seperating and migrating once they got too bid or crowded. They should also rely on water, drinking out of rivers or lakes and maybe tames needed something like a water trough or water bucket to drink out of if they arent near any water. Dinosaurs should also have stamina so they could be outrun or lose prey in a chase. Sometimes weaker dinosaurs would starve or dehydrate and die because some bigger creatures scared them away from water sources or stole their meals. Dinosaurs would also not constantly hunt and eat like in the first game, they would only hunt, eat, or drink whenever they needed too. Also, the new alien tribe people should also depend on water and food, and build small outposts or bases of their own. Even if Wildcard listens to even one of these ideas I would be happy - and it would make the community happy too since, in at least what I think, this would make the game a lot more realistic and a lot better. But of course making a game, especially as promising and as good as this is probably incredibly hard and I have respect for the whole team, and so I dont really have if any of these are added or not as long as Wildcard is and the community are happy, I dont care.

• 3 weeks later...

Some wishes ..

Improved Chat, ignore or block trolls and spammers. personal messages etc.

Solid rocks and walls. No positive, negative meshes anti meshes and similar poo.

Dont allow that dodo walk trough foundations, that wild bronto  ignore collisions with base walls and dino gates and go with head to the middle of base before stop.

Improve pack behavior on follow - no more being stuck and blocked by own tames, Tames react on  stuck or lost dino member etc. And improve AI in mode that tame know to avoid obstacles.

Bring back find tame function ( for limited time was  by "error" implemented under "taming list" tab)

Improve tame commands - for example being "passive" should not mean being  stupid and being killed  by dilo, pego or smaller dinos. ( players rarely use "passive flee" as we don't have mode to find tame - Implement it back!) And implement that "AI" already - tame should know to turn back to spot where you parked it if for some reason was forced to move - specially in base.

There should be new pvp servers for solos only where u cant make tribes or allies. Theres still a decent amount of solo people out there... . Also it would be more of a challenge to do everything solo than just join a big tribe. Yea there are smal tribe servers out that wipe which is good, but 5 man tribe is still alot. Good organized tribes can reach tek tier and huge bases in a weekend. Thats why i recommend the solo servers to be primitive but thats debateable. Atleast an offline raid protection or atleast some kind of improved balance in defense when ofline would be good. (For example turrets or so deal like alot more dmg to dinos when offline so that raiders cant just soak them easy) And/or that foundation will have more hp when afk. Ark 2 can make the balancing better where ark 1 failed.

They said we would have NPCs that have tames and hunts players down( correct me if I understood   it wrong).

Hoping for more sutff like this. Would be nice to have NPCs raiding your base, creatures acting like packs. Nomad creatures, night/day cycle habits, sutff that makes creatures more alive.

Deeper weather system, something more signifcant such as scorched earth and gen "events" like volcano eruption and underwater whirlpool ( maybe not as punishing) but meaninful to also make the world more alive along the more complex creatures behaviour.

• 6 months later...

Archived