Suggestions for ARK 2

UCHUNOKASAI

As for my own ark 2 suggestions...besides the tutorial island:

1. A better mod system for weapons and armor and a revamped smithing system. If the game is going to be primitive themed then this will help keep things interesting. Barbed spear tips for fishing, spiked knuckles for punching, insulation for armor etc...

2. I would like specialized engrams to be available/unlocked for players who specialized in certain skills. For example a player that puts 25 points or so into movement speed will unlock the ability to craft shoe mods that reduce fall damage. These specialized engrams can only be used by those who ho are able to craft them. This system would help encourage specialized character builds, without hindering well rounded players too much either.

3. Change mutations to traits. Rather than have a Dino with a mutation chance that comes with a stat boost, all Dino’s will now have a set of 20 random traits, some good, some bad. Professional breeders will now be focused on breeding out the bad traits for new good ones. This system promotes breeders to continue adding Dino’s from outside their current bloodline, rather than promoting incest. Newer tribes will also have an easier time staying competitive. A perfect 20 trait rex will still have its advantages, but it won’t be able to dismiss kibble tames as easily. Stats boosts from kibble taming should still exist along with breeding together those stats, but they should not mutate further than the parents. Color mutations should still exist but stay separate from dino traits, allowing breeders to pursue their desired traits and color mutations at the same time. 

Ideas are open to criticism, concerns and refinement at the cost of 100 metal ingots each, thanks!

54 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

You still don’t understand me. On PvE servers when the player leaves the island the area they are traveling to will still be PvE only. On PvP servers that same  island is still only PvE since no other players can come to your island, but when traveling to the mainland you are entering the world inhabited by others, thus exposing yourself to PvP. I am not suggesting that we merge PvP servers with PvE ones.

Crap my bad, the way you replied to joe's post i thought you were the guy joe replied to XD.  His(the original) idea was to merge the 2.  My bad man.

Then ya, your idea is actually good.  A tutorial area would benefit everyone.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Also remember the pve mindset.  Pve is about collecting "trophies" to display at "home".  If my rex is stuck outside of a safezone, its not fitting the pve mindset.  We dont want to waste hours upon hours of our life grinding items, babysitting a KO'd animal, training said animal, breeding said animal, or raising said animals babies just for some azzhat to come along and "Kick down our blocks" like a bratty 6yo during any part of that process.  We wouldn't mind teaming up with you, but outside of that leave us the F alone is the mindset.  We want to be online for social and cooperative play, not destroying each others hard work.  Every bit of that is trophies to a pve player, no trophy equals no game.  If we cant safeguard said trophies then its no longer our trophy and its no longer pve.  You need to think skyrim to understand pve.  Most people who play skyrim collect 1 of everything and stash it safely where no one(npc) can F with it, usually a house.  U better believe if something bugs up and we loose trophies that we flip the F out XD.  Id wager a lot of pvers are prone to completionisim as well, so anything getting F'd up for use irritates the F outta us.

On that note do you feel like PvE threats should ever challenge a players home base/progress? The reason I bring this up is because I play PvP but I don’t actually enjoy raiding, but I love the tower defense aspect of the game. There is something just so cool to me about defending my base and tames from a true threat. The feeling of safety I have in a PvE server is what drives me away from that play style. We play for different reasons, I totally understand that, but if PvE had more threats I’d probably find myself playing both game modes. 

In short: How would PvE players feel if there was an occasional threat to their property? Maybe something that doesn’t show up if the player(s) is offline

7 hours ago, Logan96 said:

On that note do you feel like PvE threats should ever challenge a players home base/progress? The reason I bring this up is because I play PvP but I don’t actually enjoy raiding, but I love the tower defense aspect of the game. There is something just so cool to me about defending my base and tames from a true threat. The feeling of safety I have in a PvE server is what drives me away from that play style. We play for different reasons, I totally understand that, but if PvE had more threats I’d probably find myself playing both game modes. 

In short: How would PvE players feel if there was an occasional threat to their property? Maybe something that doesn’t show up if the player(s) is offline

Thats actually something i to wish was in ark.  Half the engrams are worthless to me because of the pvp focus.  Iv never once walled my "yard"(Frankly my perfectionism annoys me to no end when it comes to building.  i hate the unperfect, lack of seamless construction because of the odd ball parts you gotta throw together because the terrain is slightly uneven.  So building an imperfect wall would just make it worse) or put up turrets...Iv never built a turret at all.  Iv only built cannons/catas for blunt force trauma taming lol.  Iv never built spikes...All just seems like a waste to me as a pve player.  Id lik a reason to actually have this stuff.  Id be happy with an npc tribe to fight against.  So in short, ya i think the majority of pve players would enjoy an actually threat.  (excluding that roaming giga XD)

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

So I am a big ark fan and I play the game since it got out. I wanna make this threat so we can discuss some ideas to make ark 2 a better and richer experience. I also wanna say that I prefer the primitive part of the game, and a more tribal look. However Tek and other ideas are something that we can discuss. The following ideas are what I think in my personal opinion that will make the game a little more interesting. Just want to keep the discussion non toxic. Sorry if there are some writing mistakes, I am not a native English speaker.

Thanks,
Hope you enjoy

Progression
To me, this is the biggest ark problem, since alpha tribes just crush beginner tribes and that just make servers empty. I would like to suggest a different progression system.

• You will have basically 4 or 5 different ascension levels. First you are a beach bob with only thatch and wood building structures, low level weapons, you can only tame certain dinos, for example raptors and pteras. You can still have rex and other dinos in the map, but you don’t have the level to tame that.  If you want to go into the next phase you will need to defeat a boss or several bosses to go to a different server (Ascend) where you will have for example stone and brick building, hide and chitin armour, you maybe can tame a allosaurus and argies. Next level metal tier, you can tame rex, have metal buildings and metal armour, gunpowder weapons etc. And for me this should be the max level, but this is just me because I don’t like tek stuff, but you can add another level and I will just stay in the metal tier and not ascend. Everything that you tame in the lower tier you can download to the higher one but not the opposite, you can not download a rex to the first tier for example. And in this way you will have a better balance In the server, every dino will have a role, not like what happens now, for example no one uses carno or a allosauros  because they can have a rex right away.  This way everyone can have the experience that they enjoy the most about ark, without felling that they don’t have a chance. Also to make people want to  ascend, so they dont just get stuck in the first tiers, you can  add more level to your character when you ascend.

Map

• Only one big map, with several environment. Like and underground aberration zone, a grassland zone like ragnarok, desert like scorched earth, islands like in the island, swamp, ice zones, more rivers like the center. I think its better to just have 1 map with everything on because makes the servers feel less empty, when you have like 8 different maps you will scatter the players so much that the servers will feel empty.
  • More natural elements, like lighting storms (when active is very dangerous to ride a flyer, because you can get hit by a lighting that makes your flyer to land, or dismount you.) Sand storm, ice storm. Some river can get solid ice, and other can dry in some seasons like you do with the lava in the volcano of ragnarok.
  • Seasonal climate with the same time as the real world, and also when you are in the winter time its easier to find for example high levels rhino and other ice biome dinos, but when its summer time the chances of getting a 150 its reduced and vice versa in the other seasons.
  • Active events and map variation like fornite does. Meteor impact can modify some part of the map for some time where you can have for limit amount of time many resources, better loot, high level dinos etc. (Like fallout 76 does when a nuke explode)
  • Have no build areas where you have high resource density, for example metal in the volcano. No building in the obelisk, and no building in the event zone.

Dinos

• Less taming time, but more resources to tame them. So we spend more time gathering things to tame the dino which is much more interesting than wating hours and hours doing nothing and possible your tame be ruined by some wild dino or players...
  • More interactive taming: Using the fish rood to tame some water dinos, using different type of traps to different type of animals, like a pitfall that you need to lure the animal into, and when its finish just disappear, for smaller dinos a net trap in trees.
  • Herds roaming with sense, like desert dinos going to oasis. Herbivore near rivers drinking. Carnivore pack hunting. Some dinos sleep at night, other sleep during the day. Baby wild dinos, egg nest for dinos.
  • Try to stick to the dino theme. I know having something like rock drake is cool, maybe only in corrupted areas like aberration you can find these non dino tames, but try to make them as dinosaur like as you can like the rock drake, not like the blood stalker.

Saddles

• Different tier, different skin material (For example, primitive (Cloth); Ramshackle (Hide); Apprentice (Chitin), Jouneyman (Stone); Mastercraft (Metal); Ascendant (Tek)
  • Saddle/Dino Attachment:
  1. Metal claws into a therizino to give it higher melee damage.
  2. Metal teeth grils for carnivore to add extra damage.
  3. All flyers could use an jetpack attachment to increase the speed, but not that much, just a boost.
  4. Herbivore can have metal spike cover in their natural spikes to give more damage and give damage back to the carnivores.
  5. Heavy Flyer like quetzal can like have 1 or 2 bombs slots.
  6. Anti air turret saddle with 360º vision below a big flyer dino similar to the quetzal.
  7. Utility Saddles: Farming saddles, fishing saddles, mining saddle, that will give different boosts, for example mining saddle for the ankylo add a reduction of 50% in metal weight and have a little forge in it, fishing will have like a fridge that help keep the fish from spoiled. Carts that you attached to dino and can improve your weight transport capacity.  

Armour

• More customizable armor and attachments
  • Chest: Aberration wing, you can also add a mini jet pack like the tropeognathus has to give it a small boost. You can also add just one parachute to it.
  • Legs: Some sort of spring like exoskeleton that mas you run faster, jump a little higher and reduce fall damage.
  • Gauntlets: Attached climbing pick, grapple, gps
  • Helmet: Attached a light, night vision googles, spyglass
  • Fist (New part): Add knuckles or Claw’s to increase damage when you fist fight
  • Feet: No ideia yet.

Building

• Add magnet points in every building structure and make it possible to able or disable this.
  • More type of structure like S+
  • Make every structure to be able to fit in 1 or 2 high. Don’t make like the fridge our vault in ark 1 that are like 1.5 high.
  • Smaller industrial forge, or at least a mid term forge.
  • Make every building item in every tier, not like the hatchframe you have a metal and a stone, but no wood or tek, does not make sense.
  • Furniture: Add more crafting stations, like one just for making saddles, one for armour, one for weapons and tools, one for drinks, one for food, and make them for every tier, the better the tier the more room and speed will give to crafting.
  • Add more decorative furniture, more musical instruments.
  • More types of traps and defense turrets.

PVP       

• Better hit registering
  • Better and more complex sword and fist fight.
  • Put a cap on speed, it just impossible to hit someone going 200km/h with bad registration, then its just flamethrower pvp with no skill.

Weapons

• More primitive weapon, like different type and style of swords, smaller cutting weapons.

Resources

• More resources, like different type of minerals, silver, gold, and have different type of pick and tools to harvest different type of materials.
  • You should not be able to drink water from the ocean, and if you do so, you will get more thirsty,only if you boiled the water for example.
  • Precious stones, cooper etc..

Farming

• More Vegetable, Fruits, Berries and make them biome specific, and plant (Bush) specific.
  • More interactive farming (Ex: You need to climb with climbing pick to collect bananas, or use a dino to shake the tree.
  • Better farm animations, like cutting wood, mining, hunting.
  • Bigger farms, not just crop plots, you can use something like a dirt foundation to have a big farm.
  • More Farming Tools (Ex: Shovel).
  • Farming Dinos (Ex: morelatops can be attached with some type of primitive farming tool to drag it into the crops.
  • More recipes
  • The more you or a dino farm a material the more experienced you or he will become. Like If you farm wood non stop you will get better at it and harvest a little more. Little like the therizino point in farming that we have now in ark.

Other

• Make the game more tribal look, in structures, armour, dinos, body paints also tribal body paint dinos.
  • Make the  max number in tribes be 10 people, so you don’t have a mega tribe that can lock the whole server from entering.
  • Keep “cryopod” idea, it helps with base size and lag, make it so that you just use your implant to collect the dino. Maybe make a more primitive cryopod.
  • More cave dungeons that you can only enter to complete and not be able to build.
  • Tier caves, so you can explore some caves with early equipment.
  • NPC like that showed in ark 2 trailers. Like with small camps and bosses in the map that you can raid.
  • Social zone in the map. Like destiny 2 you have a place where you can just hangout with other players. Like a central zone of the map, even in pvp mode players and dinos can not be killed or picked like in pve. Will be great to have markets, stores, vending machines where you have the possibility to put your dinos, or items for sale so the other players can buy, like an action house.
  • Would be great to have an app that can send you notifications, like dinos is tamed, you are under attacked, see server chat, see who is online from your tribe like the tribe log but into an app. And just because we can dream with dododex implemented 😉. Also if possible to have a type of market in the app where players can put their tames and eggs or anything for sale so other can buy them would be awesome.

I know that there is plenty more ideas and suggestions that we can make, but to me this are the best ones. Feel free to comment with your own ideas, and I will pick them and put into the document to make it better and more completed.

Thanks,
From a fellow Surviver

Edited by KAMIKAZY
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KAMIKAZY said:

Progression
To me, this is the biggest ark problem, since alpha tribes just crush beginner tribes and that just make servers empty. I would like to suggest a different progression system.

Allright so I love some of your ideas and hate a few others. This is one of the ones i dislike. I agree that alpha tribe dominance can be a problem with PvP, but for myself and others the struggle of building up and taking down these alphas is the one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. In addition i think barring certain dinos behind progress or servers would break the flow of progression and hurt my immersion in the game itself...similar to the way that genesis feels with its teleport mechanics. I prefer a seamless world with the possibility of running into anything unexpected. 

That being said, I do think game balance should be addressed a little bit to help out the new tribes. I suggest making base wipes significantly more costly, but add more ways to infiltrate a base. Raids should be about getting inside a base, stealing their stuff and getting out, but instead a raid usually leaves the victim completely wiped. Losing all your tames and gear to raiders is one thing, but losing an entire base that you dump hours into is just too much. Make base wipes significantly more costly.

Map

• Only one big map, with several environment. Like and underground aberration zone, a grassland zone like ragnarok, desert like scorched earth, islands like in the island, swamp, ice zones, more rivers like the center. I think its better to just have 1 map with everything on because makes the servers feel less empty, when you have like 8 different maps you will scatter the players so much that the servers will feel empty.
  • More natural elements, like lighting storms (when active is very dangerous to ride a flyer, because you can get hit by a lighting that makes your flyer to land, or dismount you.) Sand storm, ice storm. Some river can get solid ice, and other can dry in some seasons like you do with the lava in the volcano of ragnarok.
  • Seasonal climate with the same time as the real world, and also when you are in the winter time its easier to find for example high levels rhino and other ice biome dinos, but when its summer time the chances of getting a 150 its reduced and vice versa in the other seasons.
  • Active events and map variation like fornite does. Meteor impact can modify some part of the map for some time where you can have for limit amount of time many resources, better loot, high level dinos etc. (Like fallout 76 does when a nuke explode)
  • Have no build areas where you have high resource density, for example metal in the volcano. No building in the obelisk, and no building in the event zone.

I love the idea behind having one giant map. My favorite thing about ragnorak was that it had all of the different biomes and they felt huge. I also think that having storms and such would be fun, if they are reworked a bit and not annoying...i hated the sandstorms in SE. 

Seasonal climates would be AMAZING!!! Especially if they brought their own complications and challenges with them. Winter could bring an ice age that players would need to prepare for, but it could also increase high level spawns for mammoths, wolfs, etc...as you suggested. 

I like the idea of active events, but I don't want to feel spammed by them. Alot of MMO games tend to do throw a ton of random events at players and it kills the immersion for me. The events also need to happen in a way that feels natural...that means no specific event areas unless it makes sense, like a volcanoe eruption or flood zone. Lastly no artificial timers that make an event magically go away, let events come and go in a natural way.

I think certain no build areas is a good idea, as long as they don't go crazy with it. The underwater caves on the island is what allowed my tribe to take down the alpha on our servers. 

Dinos

• Less taming time, but more resources to tame them. So we spend more time gathering things to tame the dino which is much more interesting than wating hours and hours doing nothing and possible your tame be ruined by some wild dino or players...
  • More interactive taming: Using the fish rood to tame some water dinos, using different type of traps to different type of animals, like a pitfall that you need to lure the animal into, and when its finish just disappear, for smaller dinos a net trap in trees.
  • Herds roaming with sense, like desert dinos going to oasis. Herbivore near rivers drinking. Carnivore pack hunting. Some dinos sleep at night, other sleep during the day. Baby wild dinos, egg nest for dinos.
  • Try to stick to the dino theme. I know having something like rock drake is cool, maybe only in corrupted areas like aberration you can find these non dino tames, but try to make them as dinosaur like as you can like the rock drake, not like the blood stalker.

I'm not sure that making a tame take more resources is a good idea. Building up kibble on official PvP is already a challenge for smaller tribes. I suggest a complete AI overhaul though, which incorporates some of your ideas, such as roaming packs and such. I feel like taming a high level rex should still take a couple hours, but they shouldn't be  spent just sitting and babysitting an unconciouse tame. Something like your idea of having different taming methods could be nice.

I can picture players stalking a rex to a canyon where they are throwing nets from above contain it. Occasionally the rex will get tired and calm down and a player will be able go up and feed it. Tranquilizers can still play their current role in tames, but maybe instead of trying to make them unconciouse the tranqs are intended to just calm down dinos. If players tranq the dino too much and it falls asleep then the dino will lose its taming progress. Players will need to combine tactics such as netting and occasional tranqing to tame, with higher levels being harder to contain. 

Saddles

• Different tier, different skin material (For example, primitive (Cloth); Ramshackle (Hide); Apprentice (Chitin), Jouneyman (Stone); Mastercraft (Metal); Ascendant (Tek)
  • Saddle/Dino Attachment:
  1. Metal claws into a therizino to give it higher melee damage.
  2. Metal teeth grils for carnivore to add extra damage.
  3. All flyers could use an jetpack attachment to increase the speed, but not that much, just a boost.
  4. Herbivore can have metal spike cover in their natural spikes to give more damage and give damage back to the carnivores.
  5. Heavy Flyer like quetzal can like have 1 or 2 bombs slots.
  6. Anti air turret saddle with 360º vision below a big flyer dino similar to the quetzal.
  7. Utility Saddles: Farming saddles, fishing saddles, mining saddle, that will give different boosts, for example mining saddle for the ankylo add a reduction of 50% in metal weight and have a little forge in it, fishing will have like a fridge that help keep the fish from spoiled. Carts that you attached to dino and can improve your weight transport capacity.  

Armour

• More customizable armor and attachments
  • Chest: Aberration wing, you can also add a mini jet pack like the tropeognathus has to give it a small boost. You can also add just one parachute to it.
  • Legs: Some sort of spring like exoskeleton that mas you run faster, jump a little higher and reduce fall damage.
  • Gauntlets: Attached climbing pick, grapple, gps
  • Helmet: Attached a light, night vision googles, spyglass
  • Fist (New part): Add knuckles or Claw’s to increase damage when you fist fight
  • Feet: No ideia yet.

I like almost all of these ideas. I don't think there should be a different tier for each saddle, but i do think attatchments and saddle mods should be a thing. I also think that the engrams for saddle mods should be locked behind eachother and take considerable engram investment to reach. This means that if a player wants to craft and use the best pteranodon attatchments they will need to spec into that saddle. This creates specialized roles, so that there will be dedicated pteranodon riders and such. 

The lower tier dinos can have cheaper engrams, so a player can specialize in riding a rex and giga, but they will sacrifice their ability to ride the lower tiers affectively. Of course once the tribe aquires enough blueprints it won't matter as much, but the very best attatchments for saddles should only be usable by someone with the engram unlocked. 

As for the armor mods, i don't see why not. The game can always benefit from more additions, just be carefull not to make certain items obsolete. For example If my gloves let me grapple things like you said then I would never use your other mod idea for the climbing picks, because grappling would almost always be better.

Building

• Add magnet points in every building structure and make it possible to able or disable this.
  • More type of structure like S+
  • Make every structure to be able to fit in 1 or 2 high. Don’t make like the fridge our vault in ark 1 that are like 1.5 high.
  • Smaller industrial forge, or at least a mid term forge.
  • Make every building item in every tier, not like the hatchframe you have a metal and a stone, but no wood or tek, does not make sense.
  • Furniture: Add more crafting stations, like one just for making saddles, one for armour, one for weapons and tools, one for drinks, one for food, and make them for every tier, the better the tier the more room and speed will give to crafting.
  • Add more decorative furniture, more musical instruments.
  • More types of traps and defense turrets.

I don't think all items should be smaller than two walls. Getting an indy forge in PvP is sort of the point where a tribe exits their defensive stay small stage and is coming out to expand. Putting down that indy forge is a way of letting the server know that you and your tribe are out to become a super power...its a statement. Therfore, I actually like the size of it. I do think a mid tier forge is a good idea. Its a bit silly having 5 forges all side by side to help smelt metal. 

If we make even more crafting crafting stations I want them to be improvements over the smithy, not replacements. The reason is because the more crafting stations we need, the larger our base has to be, making it a bit hard stay small and hidden early game.

Absolutely agree with more traps and defenses. Currently turrets and species X are still the only common defenses we see and every raid feels the same after awhile. I know that the new game is going to be primitive based so the devs need to be carefull in planning base defence. I think we should be able to assign roles to certain dinos. Monkeys should be able to be assigned to ballistas and catapults. Dinos should be able to be set on patrol, with players setting the route. Also species X should still be a staple defence, but if they get rid of turrets then we need something to replace them. I've played primitive servers before they were removed and trust me species X did not cut it for base defence. 

PVP       

• Better hit registering
  • Better and more complex sword and fist fight.
  • Put a cap on speed, it just impossible to hit someone going 200km/h with bad registration, then its just flamethrower pvp with no skill.

Weapons

• More primitive weapon, like different type and style of swords, smaller cutting weapons.

Resources

• More resources, like different type of minerals, silver, gold, and have different type of pick and tools to harvest different type of materials.
  • You should not be able to drink water from the ocean, and if you do so, you will get more thirsty,only if you boiled the water for example.
  • Precious stones, cooper etc..

These are all a must if the game is going to be primitve. Im hoping for a blocking, alt attack and power attack with all mellee weapons. Maybe a parry function too, but i dont't know how that would work with lag.

Farming

• More Vegetable, Fruits, Berries and make them biome specific, and plant (Bush) specific.
  • More interactive farming (Ex: You need to climb with climbing pick to collect bananas, or use a dino to shake the tree.
  • Better farm animations, like cutting wood, mining, hunting.
  • Bigger farms, not just crop plots, you can use something like a dirt foundation to have a big farm.
  • More Farming Tools (Ex: Shovel).
  • Farming Dinos (Ex: morelatops can be attached with some type of primitive farming tool to drag it into the crops.
  • More recipes
  • The more you or a dino farm a material the more experienced you or he will become. Like If you farm wood non stop you will get better at it and harvest a little more. Little like the therizino point in farming that we have now in ark.

This is another one that could be cool, but only if its optional for progress. I don't want to play a farm simulator to progress to certain dinos and more importantly i dont want my server to be overun by a whole bunch of orchards. I can see where the appeal could come in though. It would be fun to go into a server and roleplay as a peacefull farmer and such. Maybe advanced farms can provide superfoods that take the place of veggie cakes and such. Has potential...

Other

• Make the game more tribal look, in structures, armour, dinos, body paints also tribal body paint dinos.
  • Make the  max number in tribes be 10 people, so you don’t have a mega tribe that can lock the whole server from entering.
  • Keep “cryopod” idea, it helps with base size and lag, make it so that you just use your implant to collect the dino. Maybe make a more primitive cryopod.
  • More cave dungeons that you can only enter to complete and not be able to build.
  • Tier caves, so you can explore some caves with early equipment.
  • NPC like that showed in ark 2 trailers. Like with small camps and bosses in the map that you can raid.
  • Social zone in the map. Like destiny 2 you have a place where you can just hangout with other players. Like a central zone of the map, even in pvp mode players and dinos can not be killed or picked like in pve. Will be great to have markets, stores, vending machines where you have the possibility to put your dinos, or items for sale so the other players can buy, like an action house.
  • Would be great to have an app that can send you notifications, like dinos is tamed, you are under attacked, see server chat, see who is online from your tribe like the tribe log but into an app. And just because we can dream with dododex implemented 😉. Also if possible to have a type of market in the app where players can put their tames and eggs or anything for sale so other can buy them would be awesome.

So the reason i dont like tribe limits is because people always find ways around the rules and will build unofficial alliences and such, so the tribe limit only hurts the smaller, law abaiding players. Additionally mega tribe players are less vocal, but they do make up a portion of the player base and for them getting into massive multi server wars is why they play ark. I've never been on that scale and dont want to be, but i have so many memories and stories about trying to fight back these mega tribes. If all servers were small tribe only I would be really dissapointed. 

I agree that cyropods are amazing, but i would like to see them work on the cooldown timer. I should be able to throw out ten times as many dimorphs as rex's and such. 

If we add non buildable caves I would also like them to add buildable ones as well. Cave hideouts are a playstyle that could be improved on. Additionally i think the buildable caves should be interconnected and spread below the entire map. This could provide some dynamic pvp movement, were tribes could coordinate attacks bases from both above and below the ground.

I think npcs could be interesting but again, make them optional and pretty rare. Also no invincible or mission giver npcs...that starts to get into icky mmo territory imo.

A social zone could be fun and very usefull for players who are looking for tribe members. One of my largest complaints about ark 1 is that if you wanted to build a tribe then you have to use discord or something similar. A recruitment box where players can submit an application or post their tribe details would be awesome. I don't think you should be able to trade here or bring anything, because it would be abused by players trying to keep things safe.

An official app would be a great idea.Also we need a database full of helpfull info that we can access from the pause menu. I didn't like how in ark 1 players had to go outside of the game and look at a wiki to learn certain mechanics. All the information for how to do something should be provided in game.

My Additions:

-We need to rework server transfers. I like them, but the server getting invaded needs time to prepare. I suggest adding a transfer value on to all items and dinos. The stronger items and dinos that a player or tribe brings the longer they have to wait to transfer into the server. The player(s) need to stand on the platform and wait with all their gear and tames while transfering to the server. While they wait, the obelisk on the other server will start to glow and it will grow brighter and stronger, depending on what is being brought over. Once the transfer initiates, all of the transfering players and dinos will spawn in on the platform and a small temporary tek shield will surround them so they can get their bearings before being attacked. Tribes can add element or some other rare resource into the obelisk before transfering to provide benefits. These can include a small buff when standing on the platform, added shield time after transfering, etc...after the tribe transfers in, their initial wait timer will become a negative number on the other server and this number will actually decrease how long the other tribe will need to wait, as long as they are transfering to the server that the enemy tribe came from.

-I suggest a few additions to breeding. I made an earlier comment about it so ill just quote that:

On 11/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, Logan96 said:

Change mutations to traits. Rather than have a Dino with a mutation chance that comes with a stat boost, all Dino’s will now have a set of 20 random traits, some good, some bad. Professional breeders will now be focused on breeding out the bad traits for new good ones. This system promotes breeders to continue adding Dino’s from outside their current bloodline, rather than promoting incest. Newer tribes will also have an easier time staying competitive. A perfect 20 trait rex will still have its advantages, but it won’t be able to dismiss kibble tames as easily. Stats boosts from kibble taming should still exist along with breeding together those stats, but they should not mutate further than the parents. Color mutations should still exist but stay separate from dino traits, allowing breeders to pursue their desired traits and color mutations at the same time. 

-Lastly I think that imprinting should be available for all dinos, not just bred ones. Rather than doing certain tasks to imprint all the player needs to do is ride them. The longer a player rides their dino the stronger the imprint boost becomes, up to a maximum of 100%. The first player to ride the dino gets the imprint boost. Additionally the first imprinting stages (say 0-50%) will go very quickly, but start to slow down the higher it gets. This means getting a full 100% imprint will take some time and provides incentive for players to keep their dinos alive.

All in all i think your ideas are very creative and a good read! I have a few concerns about some which i pointed out, but if you were able to get these ideas heard and sent to the dev team, I think they would make the start a great sequel! 

As pve player i agree with the need for progression based design...Im kinda pissed my extinction "dragon"(Ok wolfdragon android) sucks compared to the normal dragons on SE...Not only should there be progression on the map, but map to map as well.  That goes with the story as well because things got more advanced and dangerous, on purpose, to test you and push you to be strong enough to solve humanity's crisis.  The manas power loss has gotten so bad that its no longer that role...And i paid extra for it...And i never even got to play with it when it did...

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Are you threatening me? Beavis & Butthead | Geek humor, Positivity,  Lettering

To be honest joe, when i first read his post i stopped and reread that part lol.  I thought about teasing it but let it go.  Im just happy someone had the same thought as me XD

@Logan96 I like your imprint idea, but if thats gonna happen we need to be able to see base stats.  Id be pissed riding my tame home just to be like "crap what stats were what again" when the ride home imprinted it.  The transfer idea would be great if it wasnt a major killer for pve and SP people.  Sure you can say hey separate the mechanic between pvp and pve...But we all know the devs wont put that much effort in.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

To be honest joe, when i first read his post i stopped and reread that part lol.  I thought about teasing it but let it go.  Im just happy someone had the same thought as me XD

@Logan96 I like your imprint idea, but if thats gonna happen we need to be able to see base stats.  Id be pissed riding my tame home just to be like "crap what stats were what again" when the ride home imprinted it.  The transfer idea would be great if it wasnt a major killer for pve and SP people.  Sure you can say hey separate the mechanic between pvp and pve...But we all know the devs wont put that much effort in.

Now that you mention it, a sub folder on each tame containing stats before and after tames would be a great addition to the game! 

Admittedly I didn’t think about PvE players performing server transfers. That would definitely create issues for balancing invasions. I suppose at the very least I would like the devs to keep server transfers. I’m a little concerned that the devs could end up destroying large scale wars. 

• Like 1

Tho im an SP player i understand the thrill concept of conquest.  A huge war is always epic.  That said, consider the drawbacks of this.  You have rather naz1 like gustapo running about torturing the crap out of anyone they dont accept over multiple servers, and thats with just 1 mega tribe.  Imagine multiple of them.  This leads to a nasty chunk of players forced to over populate other serves because the playerbase cant fully utilize the servers given to us by the devs because of all our lil h1tlers.  This can even force people into a video game "slavery" to these tribes just to be able to play the game they bought and have a right to play freely.  This can get so bad that people cant even play their game at times because the pvp playerbase is so toxic, trapping player spawn points and hunting bobs for example.  Every1 jumping at shadows and innocents are hanging over fear of witches(mega tribe invasion).  Thats not a healthy design at all...

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Tho im an SP player i understand the thrill concept of conquest.  A huge war is always epic.  That said, consider the drawbacks of this.  You have rather naz1 like gustapo running about torturing the crap out of anyone they dont accept over multiple servers, and thats with just 1 mega tribe.  Imagine multiple of them.  This leads to a nasty chunk of players forced to over populate other serves because the playerbase cant fully utilize the servers given to us by the devs because of all our lil h1tlers.  This can even force people into a video game "slavery" to these tribes just to be able to play the game they bought and have a right to play freely.  This can get so bad that people cant even play their game at times because the pvp playerbase is so toxic, trapping player spawn points and hunting bobs for example.  Every1 jumping at shadows and innocents are hanging over fear of witches(mega tribe invasion).  Thats not a healthy design at all...

Very true, I’ve only ever played official PvP and the majority of my time has definitely been spent on rebuilding or relocating due to being constantly wiped and I believe as time went on the mega tribes were only gaining players and growing stronger.

That being said, there was something so satisfying about finding a server without the presence of a mega tribe and building an alliance on it. It has sort of a “winter is coming” feel to it, where all the strong tribes are working together to prepare for the apocalypse. New players would come in and be completely oblivious to the larger picture. We would simply stop by and help them occasionally, hoping that someday they would be a new ally. After the mega tribes arrive the ark becomes  an all out war. One base after another would fall and we would retreat to the next allied base, uniting forces and eventually exhaust the mega tribes resources, or get completely wiped out. After the storm there was a certain calm feeling that I can’t really describe, as we would get our turrets back online and check in on all of our allies. We built so many new friends from these moments, so even during those crappy rebuilds I still have memories that make me smile.

My tribe and I were never able to completely protect our server but we got pretty damn close. We are already discussing how we will get a head start on the next game and build an even stronger server, so we would be very very let down if that portion of the game was removed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Very true, I’ve only ever played official PvP and the majority of my time has definitely been spent on rebuilding or relocating due to being constantly wiped and I believe as time went on the mega tribes were only gaining players and growing stronger.

That being said, there was something so satisfying about finding a server without the presence of a mega tribe and building an alliance on it. It has sort of a “winter is coming” feel to it, where all the strong tribes are working together to prepare for the apocalypse. New players would come in and be completely oblivious to the larger picture. We would simply stop by and help them occasionally, hoping that someday they would be a new ally. After the mega tribes arrive the ark becomes  an all out war. One base after another would fall and we would retreat to the next allied base, uniting forces and eventually exhaust the mega tribes resources, or get completely wiped out. After the storm there was a certain calm feeling that I can’t really describe, as we would get our turrets back online and check in on all of our allies. We built so many new friends from these moments, so even during those crappy rebuilds I still have memories that make me smile.

My tribe and I were never able to completely protect our server but we got pretty damn close. We are already discussing how we will get a head start on the next game and build an even stronger server, so we would be very very let down if that portion of the game was removed.

That kind of pvp i wouldnt mind, if ark wasnt so grindy.  Most grindy pvp games dont have the looming threat of ruining everything youve done over the last half year lol.  Frankly with the level of commitment needed to play this game...Im surprised we haven't heard of a murder related to this games pvp yet.  But ya, a friendlier pvp like u describe, possibly similar to nooblet's style would be quite rewarding.  I completely understand the sentiment of building those bonds.  I do believe though that the majority of servers arnt that way.  I believe you got lucky with that.  I agree pvp should remained intact, but something MUST change in it.  Not only for the integrity of the pvp playerbase, but the whole of ark.  The pvp exploits/craziness has lead to direct very unwelcomed impacts with pve and sp.  ThIngs that just about everyone loved and was for everyone were striped from us because of this toxic pvp.  The mana and flyer nerf to mention 2 of the big 1s.  I also blame the devs, fixing these issues didnt have to lockout speed or completely trash the mana.  Things could of been reworked so much better in both cases but the devs didnt want to take the time to.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

That kind of pvp i wouldnt mind, if ark wasnt so grindy.  Most grindy pvp games dont have the looming threat of ruining everything youve done over the last half year lol.  Frankly with the level of commitment needed to play this game...Im surprised we haven't heard of a murder related to this games pvp yet.  But ya, a friendlier pvp like u describe, possibly similar to nooblet's style would be quite rewarding.  I completely understand the sentiment of building those bonds.  I do believe though that the majority of servers arnt that way.  I believe you got lucky with that.  I agree pvp should remained intact, but something MUST change in it.  Not only for the integrity of the pvp playerbase, but the whole of ark.  The pvp exploits/craziness has lead to direct very unwelcomed impacts with pve and sp.  ThIngs that just about everyone loved and was for everyone were striped from us because of this toxic pvp.  The mana and flyer nerf to mention 2 of the big 1s.  I also blame the devs, fixing these issues didnt have to lockout speed or completely trash the mana.  Things could of been reworked so much better in both cases but the devs didnt want to take the time 

I do agree some major changes need to be made. Destroying bases should be costly and time consuming. Turrets should be cheaper to maintain and fill with ammo. Meshing, exploits and third party software definitely need to be cracked down on. PvE should be separate from PvP. Lastly we need a way to report tribes/players/bugs In game. Submitting a ticket on a forum is a little outdated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

I do agree some major changes need to be made. Destroying bases should be costly and time consuming. Turrets should be cheaper to maintain and fill with ammo. Meshing, exploits and third party software definitely need to be cracked down on. PvE should be separate from PvP. Lastly we need a way to report tribes/players/bugs In game. Submitting a ticket on a forum is a little outdated.

I agree though i would like to experience some form of pvp with the computer.  When i initially bought ark i was mislead by the trailers, especially the SE part with the merchant, into believing there was npcs and towns.  Tribe warring with the npcs would make this so good lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I agree though i would like to experience some form of pvp with the computer.  When i initially bought ark i was mislead by the trailers, especially the SE part with the merchant, into believing there was npcs and towns.  Tribe warring with the npcs would make this so good lol

That would definitely be something. Especially when looking into the trailer for Ark 2. They really emphasized the combat between humanoids, so I would not be surprised if your wish was granted in the next game. It would be a welcomed addition that can even fit the lore (corrupted humans). It may even give those "toxic" players something to deal with to help prevent all of the grieving, even in PvP lol. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 10:31 AM, Udam said:

Turrets:
light Turret: able to place on walls, ceilings and in odd areas, uses pistol rounds, less damage, fires really quick!
Auto turret: like the classic
Flack turret: uses greandes to blow up targets
Auto Cannon: uses Sniper rounds, does some splash damage, more range, more damage, 
Auto Artillery: a auto defence that shoots rockets in the sky and makes it land on people!
Heavy turret: need i say more!
Tek turret: like one we have!
Tek Heavy turret: fires a Large energy beam that burns targets
Tek Gauss Turret: fires a Large energy ball that wecks stuff!

Turrets are one of the things that ruined pvp, i agree that there should be ways to defend your base but it shouldn't be in a way where you just spam 100s of turrets forcing raiders to soak them completely as they cant do anything otherwise, probably just making turrets bigger (so you cant spam as many, and probably making them stronger too) but having a tighter limit so you have to be strategic about placement, also just fix the dino meta so people aren't forced into ratholes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mangost said:

Turrets are one of the things that ruined pvp, i agree that there should be ways to defend your base but it shouldn't be in a way where you just spam 100s of turrets forcing raiders to soak them completely as they cant do anything otherwise, probably just making turrets bigger (so you cant spam as many, and probably making them stronger too) but having a tighter limit so you have to be strategic about placement, also just fix the dino meta so people aren't forced into ratholes.

It would definitely be nice to not have to spend as much time grinding for turrets, however I don’t really think that forcing raiders to soak defenses is a bad thing. It ensures that some random bob can’t just craft up c4 and bum rush a well defended base. Either way the next game is primitive so we may not need to worry about turrets at all.

Rathole meta sucks and is borderline meshing in my opinion. Buildings and defenses should be significantly buffed up and raiders should have more ways to enter a base than by just blowing in to it. No stupid do it all Dinos that can fly, swim, shoot lasers and out melee a Rex...that’s just ridiculous lol 

12 hours ago, Logan96 said:

That would definitely be something. Especially when looking into the trailer for Ark 2. They really emphasized the combat between humanoids, so I would not be surprised if your wish was granted in the next game. It would be a welcomed addition that can even fit the lore (corrupted humans). It may even give those "toxic" players something to deal with to help prevent all of the grieving, even in PvP lol. 

Im hoping so lol.  That was 1 of the 1st things i noticed about the trailer.

2 hours ago, Logan96 said:

It would definitely be nice to not have to spend as much time grinding for turrets, however I don’t really think that forcing raiders to soak defenses is a bad thing. It ensures that some random bob can’t just craft up c4 and bum rush a well defended base. Either way the next game is primitive so we may not need to worry about turrets at all.

Rathole meta sucks and is borderline meshing in my opinion. Buildings and defenses should be significantly buffed up and raiders should have more ways to enter a base than by just blowing in to it. No stupid do it all Dinos that can fly, swim, shoot lasers and out melee a Rex...that’s just ridiculous lol 

Id like to see how, even in the modern day,  your gonna get into a base/fortress without breaching the walls.  Above no good because AA(Turrets), and below would be antimesh so no tunneling for you.  Even if you would tunnel, youd still have to breach the floor/basement wall...Theres no conceivable way to infiltrate a base from the ground without blowing a hole.  Its been that way through all of history and will be until someone comes up with a teleporter XD.

Do remember that ark1 released and advertised itself as a primitive game too.  I wouldnt be surprised if tek found its way into ark2.  Lore wise i dont see how it couldn't.  Aberration landed and seeded on earth too.  We logically should have mutated creatures and element lingering on the earth.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Logan96 said:

well the thing i hate about forcing soaking is that a: if you are on gen2 you have no hope of soaking a tek turret wall (especially when there are online tribe members to defend) and b: raiding a big base with soaking will take HOURS of just sitting there and soaking, retreating to heal and going back to soaking. its not fun at all. if it was possible to repurpose stegos/rock golems/other tanky tames as just a DISTRACTION for turrets, to where you can then sneak in other tames to actually destroy (but with more things such as maybe better tame ai for offline defence?) just to make raiding more about actually using strategy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dizeyner said:

If you want PVP to have a safe zone not a problem because with that idea die hard PVP folks could just ignore the PVE section and go on about smashing everything like they do now.

you want to force PVP onto everyone? No way. deal breaker. everyone I know who plays PVE would be in revolt. MOST of them tried PVP. problem with pvp on ark is just too many people who want to destroy for sake of destroy not because it gives their tribe any kind of advantage.  Some of us like to enjoy the fruits of our labors without destroying any one elses or having ours destroyed just because it can.

U kinda basically just agreed with everything i said, but iget the impression your taking an argument stance with me.  If you read my posts before that 1 you can clearly see that i said the same thing as you, as well as in my later posts.

• Like 1