Suggestions for ARK 2

UCHUNOKASAI

Suggestions for ARK 2

ARK is a great open world survival game that combines discovery, construction, adventure, and more.

So here are very briefly some suggestions for ARK 2.

The quality criterion.

It was not without difficulties, for example I remember some graphics problems during development. But the ARK team was able to deal with the problems to give us a very good quality game.
In recent years, players have noticed that most of the games are released unfinished and contain a lot of bugs. I think this is your first challenge: to publish a game without bugs.

The content of the game.

In the first episode of ARK we were amazed by the quantity of objects that we could craft, or the different dinosaurs or other animals that we could meet during our adventures in a very spacious world, or by the constructions that could be made.
I therefore encourage you to continue in this direction concerning the development of the PVE aspect of the game. I imagine that you are keen to work on the multiplayer part of the game however be careful not to neglect the adventure aspect because this is the soul of the game.
Also still in the first episode of ARK we were a little surprised by the little lack of transition between the Primitive World and the Tek World. I think you could create something to make this transition without revealing all the potential that binds these two backgrounds. I think this is important because it is ultimately the main plot of the game.

Even though I am aware that all of this is incomplete and subjective, I have told you quite briefly about a few points that I think are essential for ARK, and I hope that whatever happens ARK 2 will be a great success.

Thank you for reading me and wish you many good things for the future.

• Like 1

While I can't speak on the first portion of your statement, I didn't start playing until after Scorched Earth's release so I am not 100% how the release went, I do agree 100% with the second part of your statement. (though I do play with some who were and have gained some insight over the years) 

Now I do not want it misunderstood that I would prefer that PvE take precedence over PvP. I would merely hope that both be given consideration with the items released. There are many aspects that have been argued for and against even just here in the suggestion page about the balance being a bit tilted in one direction or another over time and it would be nice if that were a bit straightened out. I understand the need for give and take to a degree, but there should always be a limit as to how much give can be given without taking too much. 

As for the last portion, I too hope there is a better progressional outline with Ark 2. It is one of the areas of Ark I have often found lacking. Primitive+ added a good flow to what could be considered the early engrams, but the time between where they maxed out and Tek seemed stunted at best. Items and resources to bridge that gap would be most appreciated. 

• Like 1

i got many ideas that its driving me a bit crazy lol

now i do hope this game is not all primitive, i hope we can progress through tiers 
Stone, metal, Modern. 
but it should be Much slower, and each tier has its Equals and uses.

now i do not want to be here all day but ill give a brief on weapons!
Stone age

Spear: classic stone spear,  can be thrown, they have a set durability and can be set on fire with animal fat and Spark powder! 
Stone Hatchet and pick (same as normal) 
Club: good for knocking stuff out!
Stone club: This club has a Lunk of sone on it so it does more Raw damage but does little to no KO damage, its good agesnt armor!
Stone Knife: can be thrown from a Long range, can be used to Havest alot of meat, fat and bones, very fast melee damage! Can gather fiber and Fishmeat!
Stone sword: a long version of the knife, Deals good damage, does well against light armor targets fast to uses!
Bone Claws: kinda like Tek claws but made of Sharp Bone, does Bleed damage, Fast attacks, and can block to take less damage.
Stone Hammer: a Heavy melee weapon that is slow to uses but does alot of Damage! gives boost when you have heavy armor!
Tomahawk: can be thrown to Cause bleed, far range, and can be used as a melee weapon!
Wooden shield: a wood shield....  
FireJar: a clay Jar full of Fat, Oil and other flammable items and when thrown causes a small blast that sets targets on fire. 
Smoke Bomb: can make you hidden from targets!
Bow: a normal bow: able to fire more then 1 arrow, but takes more stamina, nice bow!
Longbow: you're Sniper bow: can have longer draw time but does more damage and more range!
Lightbow: is smaller can hold more then one arrow, fast draw time, breaks quick!
Bolas: (need i explain?)
Boomerang: a throwable melee weapon that comes back, does KO damage and Raw damage!
Whip: need i say more?
Warhorn: when blown: it gives a Stam and damage buff to all nearby allies (even tames) plus makes a cool sound!
Grapple hook: A makeshift hook made of bones, and RAW metal. it acts like the one from atlas, uses alot of staima to uses!
Climbing pick: need i say more?
smoke bomb: a Jar made of Claw that when thrown Blows up into smoke!
Spark Pistol: a Poor man's version of a flintlock: it made of wood and stone and it can shoot, Flares, pebble shot or Rock shot!
Laso: can grab tames and tie them up or drag them. or they my drag you!

metal Age: most of this uses Raw metal. and around Modern then uses Forged metal!

Metal Tools: (pick, Axe, sickle)
Metal Club: a Club with metal reinforcements: deal more raw KO damage!
Metal Mace: does AP damage
Metal Knife: can be thrown much Farther, deal bleed, and can be used when pinned down by dino!
metal sword: a sword....
Metal Pike: a pike for range melee
Metal Hammer: does Heavy damage, does AOE, and wrecks stuff!
Metal Spear! this spear is thrown farther and does more damage!
Shovel: a Metal shovel good for taking care of crops, getting ground water, digging up lost goods, and in case, to beat somthing!
Crossbow: a Long range bow: slow reload but much more easy to uses! (bows need skills and are cooler!)
Repeating crossbow: A level action crossbow thats Hard to aim but holds 7 arrows, can not uses special arrows! 
Grenade: goes BOOM!
Gunpowder barrel: a early raiding tool! and a way to blow stuff up!
Metal Claws: deal a bit more damage and deals more bleed!
Metal Sheild: need i say more?
Flintlock: early and easy to make, can hold 2! low ish damage but nice!
Musket: Far range, deals a Nice amount of damage, slow reaload!
Blunderbuss: Super short rangem a Nice damage! very slow reload!
Spear gun: able to uses underwater, shoots spears or spear bolts, does more damage to sea dinos!o
Puckle gun: a mobile turret you can bring that does a nice amout of damage, can be placed on a platform tame, boat, and ground. 
*many days of grinding later getting other stuff*

Mid modern: 
(forged tools: Pick, Axe, Sickle, Pliers, Hammer)
Forged Pike, much better damage, deals cripple
Baton: metal and wood, uses to knock stuff out!
Machete: is like Claws and Sword, deals bleed, and more damage!
Forged Warhammer: does Lots a AOE damage, and heavy damage!
Forged Knife: able to be thrown, can be used to kill pined dinos, good for Meat!, and is a nice weapon!
Spike bomb. bomb that sticks to targets and blows up in spikes dealing bleed, and does more damage!
Metal Bow: a metal bow that is a Mix of both worlds! 
Revolver: has 6 shoots, nice and relyable, and does a nice amount of damage! 
Bolt action rifle: a mix tier rifle, has 7 shots, more range then musket, is just better!
Longneck rifle: a Classic! hits like a Truck but slow reload! you're Big game hunting rifle!
Double barrel shotgun: like the normal one but reloads much Faster, can fire both barrels for Extra damage, and can load Boar rounds for a Super bullet!
Bomb: a Mid Game raiding tool, does alot of damage!
Gatling gun: A mounted gun that can be placed on a platfrom of a dino, boat or Ground, uses Revolver round, (can't uses while walking!)
Fire Bomb: acts like Both a Bomb and a fire jar! both blows up and Deals Fire damage!
Multibarrel Harpoon gun: like a Speargun but.... has 4 barrels.. WOW!

*Many many days of grinding later!*
MODERN:
Modern tools: (Drill, chainsaw)
Shockrod: acts like a Pike but does (shock damage) it deals damage over time and slows target down a bit, (can be used underwater but does less damage) 
Stunbaton: acts like Club but better!
Hot Blade: like a Sword but has a battery that makes it hotter! deals more damage!
PowerSledge: a hammer that is modern, has a Hydraulic that does more damage!
Combat knife, good for meat, and throwing!
Magnum: the heavy pistol, does alot of damage, High recoil!
Marksmen Rifle: a Long range simi auto weapon that is a nice mid to long range weapon! has a nice amout of ammo 15!
SMG: a Lightwight combat auto weapon, has 80 shots, but low damage!
Assault Rifle: Does a Nice amount of damage, can be set to burst or Auto, deals more damage to target! 
Pump shotgun: need a say more?
Grenade Launcher: fires 1 grenade type from a far Range 
Rocket launcher: Need i say more?
Minigun: Just like the one from Gen2
Smart grenade: blows up when its near a target. 
Cluster grenade: need i say more?

Turrets:
light Turret: able to place on walls, ceilings and in odd areas, uses pistol rounds, less damage, fires really quick!
Auto turret: like the classic
Flack turret: uses greandes to blow up targets
Auto Cannon: uses Sniper rounds, does some splash damage, more range, more damage, 
Auto Artillery: a auto defence that shoots rockets in the sky and makes it land on people!
Heavy turret: need i say more!

Tek

Tek Harvester: a muili uses Laser that harvests resources (not as good as many tames but good enough!)
Tek Sword: like the one we have
Tek Claws: like the ones we have but slows down target
Tek Hammer: a Heavy AOE weapon that makes a Sonic BOOM! and knocks everything away from you!
Tek Pistol: like the one from Gen 2
Tek Rifle: like the one we have but has a new mode that can shoot small bullets with no splash damage for less element!
Tek Railgun: like the old one but better, does Heavy damage, when it Hits a Target it does Splash damage, and can have a Laser mode that fires a Long beam of energy for a short time!
Tek Scattershot: like a Tek shotgun but bullets can bounce! and also shoot a Large ball of energy that does heavy damage!
Tek Grenade: like the one we have but it blows up when it gets near something, or can turn it into a gravity grenade
Tek Power Charge: like tek C4 but it melts buildings!
Tek Gauss cannon: a Super Gun that can be placed on the ground and hovers, a tek Cannon!
Tek Cannon: like a tek rocket launcher but can fire energy balls, tek Cruse rockets, tek Cluster Rockets, or Tek shockrockets!
Tek grenade launcher: does the same as gen 1 but can uses more grenades! 
 Turrets
Tek turret: like one we have!
Tek Heavy turret: fires a Large energy beam that burns targets
Tek Gauss Turret: fires a Large energy ball that wecks stuff!

Edited by Udam

See, I like progression, but I do not like 

3 hours ago, Udam said:

MANY WEEKS OF GRINDING LATER!

^^

i barely am able to play an hour a day average, so days of grinding doesn't work 4 me.. I’d like it so that each item would be most likely made to get up to the next tier and not be skipped like some things are, and have everything in every tier.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

See, I like progression, but I do not like 

^^

i barely am able to play an hour a day average, so days of grinding doesn't work 4 me.. I’d like it so that each item would be most likely made to get up to the next tier and not be skipped like some things are, and have everything in every tier.

im just saying that as a joke, cuz some times thats how if feels lol

Part 2!
Building parts, things, ETC!

Stone age: Building
Twig/thatch: a Makeshift wood and sticks, looks like Weaved Thatch, sticks, Fiber and Bamboo, the roofs are made of thatch. (All building parts!)
Log: a Raw wood made of.... LOGS! Gives nice protecting from wildlife and people! is also nice for Weather!
Clay: a Raw clay that can be used to protect you from the elements (mostly heat and weather) and gives OK protection!
Stone: Raw stone made on a Old wooden frams: good protection from Wildlife, people but not so good for weather. 
(new building shapes, like the ones from atlas but better!)

Teepee: Makeshift tent that could hold 2 people, nice for weather!
Canoe: for early on Water travel FAST!
Raft: for early game sea living: Slow but can build on
Twig Water platform: like one from Gen 1! 
Twig tree Platform: a small one for early game for living in the trees! 

Flag
Flag pole
Wooden Cage
Wardrum: can boost nearby people at home
Wooden Table, Chair, Bench, Box, large box.
Stone table. 
Bone Deco
Sleeping bags
Simple bed
Signs and billboards
Though 
stone pipes 
Waterwell
Scarecrow
BonFire
Campfire
Cooking pot
Bone tree (looks like a makeshift bone scarcrow!)
(many more)

Middle Age
Lumber: a very Strong Version of wood, keeps you nice from weather and good protection from wildlife and raiders!
Bricks: A heavy Brick that is held by Clay and motar, strong against raiders and dinos, but does not help in bad weather! 
Cloth parts: Ten roof, cover, trading tent, ETC
Lumber deco: tables, Chairs, bench, round tables, etc
Boats: many kinds, Small and large: they look like pirate boats and uses the wind for speed, can build on them and store lots of goods and have things to hold Canoe's
Wooden Ocean platform: a Larger version of the twig one (looks like the one on Gen 1)
Wooden tree platfrom: like the one we have now!
Stone Cliff platform: like the one we have now! 
Stone stove
Stone cooker
Stone Water tank
Mirrors
Wall flag
Ammo Box
weapon Box
Lumber, box, crate, and desk
Wooden elevator

Middle Modern:
Reinforced Lumber: Lumber with metal bracing, nice Defence and nice Weather protection!
Reinforced Claystone: a Mix of Clay, stone and metal: good for Weather and defence!
Raw metal: Looks like makeshift sheet metal with bolts, Very good for Defence not good for weather (makes it worst!) if its hot, it will be REALLY HOT!
Metal ship: Uses Coal to move around, very good defence and health!

More Deco!

Modern:
Concrete: very Nice defence, simi cheap. ok against weather  
(will work on later)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion is just a small one, a quality of life for people who are like minded.
I'd like to see better colour regions so there aren't any set in stone colour formats, I want to be able to colour my dino any way I want! (either with commands or by breeding colour mutations)
I want to be able to change the dinos eye colours, mouth colours, tongue colours, claws, beaks and so fourth.
I'd like to see real mutations in the game life albinism so animals are born with the albino white colour format and pink/red eyes. Melanisitc animals that have more black/darker pigment than "normal", pied animals that are 50% white (this changes IRL but for game sakes 50%). Maybe not so indept with the genetics, for example not making the albinos weaker. Just colours.

Thank you for reading and I hope the devs take my suggestion into account.

Maybe add a survival of the fittest/ battle royale game mode?

Tribe wars game mode?

A bigger open world map would be cool so there could be bigger servers and you could make cities 

Add more resources, dinos, structures and engrams

make a map based on Pangea Continent

NPCs

Humans able to mate so you can produce offspring

Enhance dinosaur mechanics- they can travel in packs, learn about humans, whatever.....i think the team are currently working on this so that would be pretty cool

Increase human interactions (talking, able to touch things, climbing, taking drugs, etc)

Do not make a too-advanced map 

better graphics

add attributes like fear or hormones (like adrenaline ) which can aid or disrupt your survival 

make poison and other things more realistic yet manageable, implement stealth, ability to hide, climb trees and so on 

This is what i would like to be added to the game

I do not know if they are working on some of these things or completely out of the picture, I am merely suggesting what i think would be an awesome feature for the upcoming game

Thank you for reading!

Dino Balance: 

If a creature servers no purpose/is easily superseded by other creatures then it shouldn't be in the game. ARK 1 has about 50 creatures that are worthless. For example how it it  that a T-Rex is effectively easier to tame them Dimetrodon/Gallimus? Both the later also serve no use. Air cons are superior to Dimetrodons, Gallimuses are massively superseded by flyers.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:44 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

While I can't speak on the first portion of your statement, I didn't start playing until after Scorched Earth's release so I am not 100% how the release went, I do agree 100% with the second part of your statement. (though I do play with some who were and have gained some insight over the years) 

Now I do not want it misunderstood that I would prefer that PvE take precedence over PvP. I would merely hope that both be given consideration with the items released. There are many aspects that have been argued for and against even just here in the suggestion page about the balance being a bit tilted in one direction or another over time and it would be nice if that were a bit straightened out. I understand the need for give and take to a degree, but there should always be a limit as to how much give can be given without taking too much. 

As for the last portion, I too hope there is a better progressional outline with Ark 2. It is one of the areas of Ark I have often found lacking. Primitive+ added a good flow to what could be considered the early engrams, but the time between where they maxed out and Tek seemed stunted at best. Items and resources to bridge that gap would be most appreciated. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:31 AM, Udam said:

i got many ideas that its driving me a bit crazy lol

now i do hope this game is not all primitive, i hope we can progress through tiers 
Stone, metal, Modern. 
but it should be Much slower, and each tier has its Equals and uses.

now i do not want to be here all day but ill give a brief on weapons!
Stone age

Spear: classic stone spear,  can be thrown, they have a set durability and can be set on fire with animal fat and Spark powder! 
Stone Hatchet and pick (same as normal) 
Club: good for knocking stuff out!
Stone club: This club has a Lunk of sone on it so it does more Raw damage but does little to no KO damage, its good agesnt armor!
Stone Knife: can be thrown from a Long range, can be used to Havest alot of meat, fat and bones, very fast melee damage! Can gather fiber and Fishmeat!
Stone sword: a long version of the knife, Deals good damage, does well against light armor targets fast to uses!
Bone Claws: kinda like Tek claws but made of Sharp Bone, does Bleed damage, Fast attacks, and can block to take less damage.
Stone Hammer: a Heavy melee weapon that is slow to uses but does alot of Damage! gives boost when you have heavy armor!
Tomahawk: can be thrown to Cause bleed, far range, and can be used as a melee weapon!
Wooden shield: a wood shield....  
FireJar: a clay Jar full of Fat, Oil and other flammable items and when thrown causes a small blast that sets targets on fire. 
Smoke Bomb: can make you hidden from targets!
Bow: a normal bow: able to fire more then 1 arrow, but takes more stamina, nice bow!
Longbow: you're Sniper bow: can have longer draw time but does more damage and more range!
Lightbow: is smaller can hold more then one arrow, fast draw time, breaks quick!
Bolas: (need i explain?)
Boomerang: a throwable melee weapon that comes back, does KO damage and Raw damage!
Whip: need i say more?
Warhorn: when blown: it gives a Stam and damage buff to all nearby allies (even tames) plus makes a cool sound!
Grapple hook: A makeshift hook made of bones, and RAW metal. it acts like the one from atlas, uses alot of staima to uses!
Climbing pick: need i say more?
smoke bomb: a Jar made of Claw that when thrown Blows up into smoke!
Spark Pistol: a Poor man's version of a flintlock: it made of wood and stone and it can shoot, Flares, pebble shot or Rock shot!
Laso: can grab tames and tie them up or drag them. or they my drag you!

metal Age: most of this uses Raw metal. and around Modern then uses Forged metal!

Metal Tools: (pick, Axe, sickle)
Metal Club: a Club with metal reinforcements: deal more raw KO damage!
Metal Mace: does AP damage
Metal Knife: can be thrown much Farther, deal bleed, and can be used when pinned down by dino!
metal sword: a sword....
Metal Pike: a pike for range melee
Metal Hammer: does Heavy damage, does AOE, and wrecks stuff!
Metal Spear! this spear is thrown farther and does more damage!
Shovel: a Metal shovel good for taking care of crops, getting ground water, digging up lost goods, and in case, to beat somthing!
Crossbow: a Long range bow: slow reload but much more easy to uses! (bows need skills and are cooler!)
Repeating crossbow: A level action crossbow thats Hard to aim but holds 7 arrows, can not uses special arrows! 
Grenade: goes BOOM!
Gunpowder barrel: a early raiding tool! and a way to blow stuff up!
Metal Claws: deal a bit more damage and deals more bleed!
Metal Sheild: need i say more?
Flintlock: early and easy to make, can hold 2! low ish damage but nice!
Musket: Far range, deals a Nice amount of damage, slow reaload!
Blunderbuss: Super short rangem a Nice damage! very slow reload!
Spear gun: able to uses underwater, shoots spears or spear bolts, does more damage to sea dinos!o
Puckle gun: a mobile turret you can bring that does a nice amout of damage, can be placed on a platform tame, boat, and ground. 
*many days of grinding later getting other stuff*

Mid modern: 
(forged tools: Pick, Axe, Sickle, Pliers, Hammer)
Forged Pike, much better damage, deals cripple
Baton: metal and wood, uses to knock stuff out!
Machete: is like Claws and Sword, deals bleed, and more damage!
Forged Warhammer: does Lots a AOE damage, and heavy damage!
Forged Knife: able to be thrown, can be used to kill pined dinos, good for Meat!, and is a nice weapon!
Spike bomb. bomb that sticks to targets and blows up in spikes dealing bleed, and does more damage!
Metal Bow: a metal bow that is a Mix of both worlds! 
Revolver: has 6 shoots, nice and relyable, and does a nice amount of damage! 
Bolt action rifle: a mix tier rifle, has 7 shots, more range then musket, is just better!
Longneck rifle: a Classic! hits like a Truck but slow reload! you're Big game hunting rifle!
Double barrel shotgun: like the normal one but reloads much Faster, can fire both barrels for Extra damage, and can load Boar rounds for a Super bullet!
Bomb: a Mid Game raiding tool, does alot of damage!
Gatling gun: A mounted gun that can be placed on a platfrom of a dino, boat or Ground, uses Revolver round, (can't uses while walking!)
Fire Bomb: acts like Both a Bomb and a fire jar! both blows up and Deals Fire damage!
Multibarrel Harpoon gun: like a Speargun but.... has 4 barrels.. WOW!

*Many many days of grinding later!*
MODERN:
Modern tools: (Drill, chainsaw)
Shockrod: acts like a Pike but does (shock damage) it deals damage over time and slows target down a bit, (can be used underwater but does less damage) 
Stunbaton: acts like Club but better!
Hot Blade: like a Sword but has a battery that makes it hotter! deals more damage!
PowerSledge: a hammer that is modern, has a Hydraulic that does more damage!
Combat knife, good for meat, and throwing!
Magnum: the heavy pistol, does alot of damage, High recoil!
Marksmen Rifle: a Long range simi auto weapon that is a nice mid to long range weapon! has a nice amout of ammo 15!
SMG: a Lightwight combat auto weapon, has 80 shots, but low damage!
Assault Rifle: Does a Nice amount of damage, can be set to burst or Auto, deals more damage to target! 
Pump shotgun: need a say more?
Grenade Launcher: fires 1 grenade type from a far Range 
Rocket launcher: Need i say more?
Minigun: Just like the one from Gen2
Smart grenade: blows up when its near a target. 
Cluster grenade: need i say more?

Turrets:
light Turret: able to place on walls, ceilings and in odd areas, uses pistol rounds, less damage, fires really quick!
Auto turret: like the classic
Flack turret: uses greandes to blow up targets
Auto Cannon: uses Sniper rounds, does some splash damage, more range, more damage, 
Auto Artillery: a auto defence that shoots rockets in the sky and makes it land on people!
Heavy turret: need i say more!

Tek

Tek Harvester: a muili uses Laser that harvests resources (not as good as many tames but good enough!)
Tek Sword: like the one we have
Tek Claws: like the ones we have but slows down target
Tek Hammer: a Heavy AOE weapon that makes a Sonic BOOM! and knocks everything away from you!
Tek Pistol: like the one from Gen 2
Tek Rifle: like the one we have but has a new mode that can shoot small bullets with no splash damage for less element!
Tek Railgun: like the old one but better, does Heavy damage, when it Hits a Target it does Splash damage, and can have a Laser mode that fires a Long beam of energy for a short time!
Tek Scattershot: like a Tek shotgun but bullets can bounce! and also shoot a Large ball of energy that does heavy damage!
Tek Grenade: like the one we have but it blows up when it gets near something, or can turn it into a gravity grenade
Tek Power Charge: like tek C4 but it melts buildings!
Tek Gauss cannon: a Super Gun that can be placed on the ground and hovers, a tek Cannon!
Tek Cannon: like a tek rocket launcher but can fire energy balls, tek Cruse rockets, tek Cluster Rockets, or Tek shockrockets!
Tek grenade launcher: does the same as gen 1 but can uses more grenades! 
 Turrets
Tek turret: like one we have!
Tek Heavy turret: fires a Large energy beam that burns targets
Tek Gauss Turret: fires a Large energy ball that wecks stuff!

Dude, this would be a great idea. I need not say more.

(Guys get a snack while you read this lol) So to start off, I'm going to use a game called Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey for reference ( image below ). A game where your character starts as an ape walking on arms and legs, then you learn more skills and things to EVOLVE to human on 2 legs. I think they should focus more on the mechanics and things to fit survival and evolving. For example in the game I reference you can climb trees. That would be such a useful skill in Ark. If you were being chased by a pack of raptors you could run to a tree and climb up. Or say, instead of when you reach a certain health point you get injured and slow down. Say you jump from a place too high, you get a broken leg. And this would probably be a stretch, but allow better hand to hand combat. Such as you have a bone knife and another guy has a knife too, let the outcome of the fight depend on not just armor and melee, but also who blocks, and who throws a specific punch or kick. More items for water too, such as a canoe or kayak. There should be herbs and more plants that have qualities. This is also a far stretch but, what if you allowed dinosaurs to pull you on things like a wagon. Say like 2 mammoths pulling you while you have many of your things with you. Or a pack of wolves pulling you in the snow biome.  Back to what I said about the game I referenced. I think your player should be able to learn skills. Like how about you learn how to swim, therefore limiting you to a kayak to cross a river or stream.  Learn how to climb a tree, you could climb into a tree to get a vantage point, to see other players. Or if you could dig, with a limit in areas, but it would be cool. I think an upgrade to how the ingame characters and dinos interact with the game environment would be cool. So like when you run up a steep hill and your players legs kind of mesh into the ground. I think it should make you kind of do a climbing animation and slow down. Or for example, say there's a beehive on a vertical cliff, I think you should be able to get on your dire bear and climb up it. Or if there was a long plain you needed to get across with your friends you could hook up 2 Equus or parasaurs to a wagon.( I mean they can add a tek skiff so why not this) Or put your 2 ichthyosaurus/dolphin on an underwater mobile cart thing. There are so many possibilities that are Survival Evolved. Don't forget the evolving part. Though yes, you should start primitive. Let me know what you guys think about this. Like come on what if you could dig a hole with a shovel in ark. :)  I mean it is a new game, so there are lots of ideas for you.

• 7 months later...

As an owner of a very popular server cluster, the game would greatly benefit if the developers allowed API's to help owners enhance the gameplay on the Xbox platform. Although many things can be manually done, it is costly and requires an admin to write it and not be part of the gameplay. Therefore, always having to survey user interaction rather than having the experience from playing the ideas. Here are some examples:

1) API that allows us to read tribe logs from a specific clan with an id/name and/or with tribe members having xbox usernames.

Ex. Can find tribe's id by clan name, clan name having a player(s) name, or clan name having a player(s) with xbox username. The tribe id can be used to get the tribe logs.

• This metadata is helpful for me when I want to capture issues like complaints from other players. On my website I can have a player submit a complaint about the server with their tribe name and have the backend save their clan's tribe logs for me to mitigate issues when I get to it. The tribe id is important in case they change the tribe name before I get a chance to look into the issue.
  • This metadata is also helpful to find ways to engineer the optimal game settings for our dedicated players based on the data accumulated over the course of the game.

2) Admin commands ran by API. I strongly believe a server owner should be capable of activating admin commands over API, but not by default when a server is first created. We are already paying for these servers and if you'll prefer to charge for these services, I think the market is quite accepting if wildcard takes opportunity of this. The following are only a few examples of many many:

• Many of the players love the idea of there being an "admin store". Its a fantastic idea but it requires some automation which the Ark Community has been trying to do. Most accomplish this via discord and communication directly with an admin but it would be so much easier if we were given the opportunity to use an Admin API command to do so. 
  • Custom gameplay by admin automation: On my OnlyTwoTribe server, I can force new players to join the Red Tribe or Blue Tribe. If suggestion (1) is approved, tribe logs can be used to optimize a balance between the two tribes (e.g. decide if one tribe has a team betrayer and kick them automatically if done too much).

3) Its not Roblox nor Minecraft but is there any way for an item to be like a command block in Minecraft? 

Ex. An inventory item programmed to act like keycard which acts like a chest key for a specific loot box/vault because it was found like an easter egg or treasure trail hunt.  

• As growing developers, I think its more inspiring for Ark to encourage players to engage in the development world. I can find a number of uses for an inventory item to function to a player if I'm able to customize its interaction with the surrounding environment. 

My ultimate goal as a server owner is to provide a pleasant gaming experience different from other servers. The only issue is, its much much harder to see first hand the game play experience if I have to manually be admin to provide these services. Therefore, I'm always having to survey other players and their interactions rather than acquiring the the knowledge from playing my own creations. 

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about the developers adding some new pvp/pve mechanics that would make it so that both types of worlds could coexist in one. 

1) A world type that has a set boundary for pvp. There would be a giant segment of the map that contains the highest tier resources, drops and dinos giving a risk vs reward to all players that wish to venture into the pvp zone or to simply wage war against trash talking tribes. 

2) Home beacons. Every player receives a home beacon after creating a tribe for free. This beacon would act as a safe zone againt pvp however the only way to damage other players or their structures is to turn off their beacons. 

I believe these should just be additions where a handful of their servers have different pvp mechanics. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, CannabisCave said:

There would be a giant segment of the map that contains the highest tier resources, drops and dinos giving a risk vs reward

The issue here is, PVE players don't want to and shouldn't have to PVP to get to the game's resources.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

The issue here is, PVE players don't want to and shouldn't have to PVP to get to the game's resources.

I was thinking of something like a tutorial island that players start on instead. Something small like herb island that has very basic resources and maybe 5 small Dino’s that the player works through to tame, nothing too apex, maybe a raptor being the final tame. After completing the tutorial players can then travel to mainland and bring anything from the island with them, but they can never bring anything back. Players can also return to their home island anytime, but no other players can join them. A safe haven of sorts, that is very small and helps keep players from getting completely wiped, but encourages them to expand outwards. Watcha think?

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I was thinking of something like a tutorial island that players start on instead. Something small like herb island that has very basic resources and maybe 5 small Dino’s that the player works through to tame, nothing too apex, maybe a raptor being the final tame. After completing the tutorial players can then travel to mainland and bring anything from the island with them, but they can never bring anything back. Players can also return to their home island anytime, but no other players can join them. A safe haven of sorts, that is very small and helps keep players from getting completely wiped, but encourages them to expand outwards. Watcha think?

As long as the PVE players are never exposed to damage from other players at any point on the map. 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:55 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

Dino Balance: 

If a creature servers no purpose/is easily superseded by other creatures then it shouldn't be in the game. ARK 1 has about 50 creatures that are worthless. For example how it it  that a T-Rex is effectively easier to tame them Dimetrodon/Gallimus? Both the later also serve no use. Air cons are superior to Dimetrodons, Gallimuses are massively superseded by flyers.

While they are necro'ing a thread...  I'll say:  Gallimimus is actually ARK's top-tier dino.  Rank 1, the Alpha, and the Omega.  ARK began, and will end, with a Gallimimus.

Fear them, Forza.  They come for you.

4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

While they are necro'ing a thread...  I'll say:  Gallimimus is actually ARK's top-tier dino.  Rank 1, the Alpha, and the Omega.  ARK began, and will end, with a Gallimimus.

Fear them, Forza.  They come for you.

You know, now I kinda want to make a Gali army and dump their points into movement. Imagine whistling them into a bobs base and seeing their reaction.

Things I would like to see in Ark 2 based off my experience with Ark 1:

I really liked how you could pick up the items (palm tree fronds, sand piles, rocks, sticks etc...) on the ground in the Ragnarok map that really added to the survival aspect of the game starting out, and is more immersive than punching a tree. I would really like to see that continue maybe even added to (perhaps by allowing us to get chitin from the seashells on the beaches?). 

Another really great thing from Ragnarok was the hidden wooden crates we could smash and get tools and weapons from. I would like to see those as well and built upon since more, maybe not have them appear in the same frequency as the do on Ragnarok as to keep things balanced. But also maybe spread the loot teirs across different weapon, armor, and tool teirs (stone, metal, etc...). Those loot crates were extremely really helpful in getting started for single player, and even on live serves it really helps new players get started and up to speed. However jumping right to the higher teirs does remove the some of the rewarding feeling of progressing normally. So perhaps you could only damage certain teirs of crate with the tool teir below it? To keep new players from immediately going to the highest teir possible.

Speaking of weapons and tools, I hope we get a better leveling gradient. The big thing I don't necessarily like about Ark currently is you go straight from stone, to metal, to tek in terms of tools and weapons. Which is kinda boring, especially since there was historically a much bigger gradient in ancient times. People tend to forget we made things from bone as well as bronze, the use to iron and steel is a fairly recent thing in comparison to the use of bronze, stone, and bone tools. The smelting of iron and product of steel is a fairly recent development in the several thousands years of human history. Having access to iron and steel historically has allowed nations to absolutely decimate less advanced civilizations. Whereas in Ark you don't really get that feeling until you hit the tek teir, we spend a large amount of time in the metal tool teir but it feels so bland and ordinary. We don't start experiencing true power until we get Tek, and that is still an uncommon experience for most players. Most don't get to experience tek unless they immediately jump into the Genesis DLCs. Since Ark 2 will be more primitive focused I hope and expect to see this be an aspect of our crafting progression. So one could say I would like to see bone tools and bronze tools in addition to what already exists, and with that some form of basic metallurgy system to go with it. 

I would like to see more armor types ass well. I think the vanilla armor palette we have to choose from is good but it could be even better and more varied. I liked the different armors that were meant for specific environments, like the desert and fur armor sets. I'd like to see armor sets that can be more specialized or more in between depending upon where the player is choosing to set up shop.

Another wishlist item is just more survival related crafting engrams. I would like to see more small temporary portable shelters in Ark 2. We kinda got that with the tent engram in Scorched Earth, I would like to see that expanded upon. Having little camouflaged ghillie-like shelters that would hide everyone inside it from nearby dinos or hostile would be really awesome. 

This is more a me problem than anything else, but a more cohesive and organized inventory system would be really nice. The way the player inventory works and how stackable items work has always bothered me. Why can I only stack raw meat up to 40 when I can stack wood to 100, thatch to 200, and fiber 300? It's really weird and makes very little sense to me. So just having every stackable resource stack to the same reasonable number would be wonderful.  Even just having everything stack in a sort of 100 system would be nice. Items that require a more limited stack would only stack to 25, 50, or 75. Things that could stack in large amounts could stay kinda like they are now, stacks of 100, 200, or 300. Its just less headache when I am try to plan out exactly how many materials I need to get to build a certain structure.

I also hope to see even more transferable cosmetic items attached to game achievements, I love whenever a game does that as it makes completing achieves feel rewarding and worthwhile.

Last thing I would like to see is more even dinos than we saw in the first game. I would like to especially see more herbivores,  while I love carnivores they kinda all feel the same after awhile especially when you get to taming Rex's, Allo's, and Giga's. The potential herbivores that could have been added to Ark in the beginning were and are constantly overlooked for the bigger badder carnivore with more teeth than the last. I would also really LOVE to see more aquatic dinos as the oceans of ark feel so incredibly lifeless and empty. It would be a huge bonus to have more bio diversity in Ark 2 oceans. The only thing I would love more than more herbivores and aquatic dinos, is more mammals and birds as there are swathes of ancient animals that have also been overlooked in favor of reptilian dinos (for as much as we all love them). 

That's pretty much everything I can think of, reply with what your Ark 2 wish list is as I would love to know what other players are hoping to see.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, Logan96 said:

Your still forcing pve players into the pvp zone to upgrade pass bare basic.  Not being able to bring anything back home would mark everything as worthless/temporary.  It would feel like its not really yours.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Your still forcing pve players into the pvp zone to upgrade pass bare basic.  Not being able to bring anything back home would mark everything as worthless/temporary.  It would feel like its not really yours.

Interesting take, for me it would feel the opposite and everything on the tutorial island is what would feel fake. Afterall if there is nobody to share your experience with why play multiplayer at all? Returning to the island would be more about using your starter base to gather up some supplies so that you don't have to start from scratch after every wipe. 

As for the PvP zone you misunderstand me. The tutorial island is the only safe place for PvP servers because its the only place where no other player can reach. PvE rules would still apply to the rest of the map on said servers, so for those players the tutorial island would serve as exactly that-a starter tutorial that any player can leave behind after completing. 

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

Interesting take, for me it would feel the opposite and everything on the tutorial island is what would feel fake. Afterall if there is nobody to share your experience with why play multiplayer at all? Returning to the island would be more about using your starter base to gather up some supplies so that you don't have to start from scratch after every wipe. 

As for the PvP zone you misunderstand me. The tutorial island is the only safe place for PvP servers because its the only place where no other player can reach. PvE rules would still apply to the rest of the map on said servers, so for those players the tutorial island would serve as exactly that-a starter tutorial that any player can leave behind after completing. 

I dont see how that works.  If the home is the only safe place from pvp then everything else does not follow pve.  Its all pvp except the home under that logic.  If we are forced to pvp with others to acquire any ground or progress/resources its no longer a pve game.  Its literally full on pvp at that point.

Also remember the pve mindset.  Pve is about collecting "trophies" to display at "home".  If my rex is stuck outside of a safezone, its not fitting the pve mindset.  We dont want to waste hours upon hours of our life grinding items, babysitting a KO'd animal, training said animal, breeding said animal, or raising said animals babies just for some azzhat to come along and "Kick down our blocks" like a bratty 6yo during any part of that process.  We wouldn't mind teaming up with you, but outside of that leave us the F alone is the mindset.  We want to be online for social and cooperative play, not destroying each others hard work.  Every bit of that is trophies to a pve player, no trophy equals no game.  If we cant safeguard said trophies then its no longer our trophy and its no longer pve.  You need to think skyrim to understand pve.  Most people who play skyrim collect 1 of everything and stash it safely where no one(npc) can F with it, usually a house.  U better believe if something bugs up and we loose trophies that we flip the F out XD.  Id wager a lot of pvers are prone to completionisim as well, so anything getting F'd up for use irritates the F outta us.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I dont see how that works.  If the home is the only safe place from pvp then everything else does not follow pve.  Its all pvp except the home under that logic.  If we are forced to pvp with others to acquire any ground or progress/resources its no longer a pve game.  Its literally full on pvp at that point.

Also remember the pve mindset.  Pve is about collecting "trophies" to display at "home".  If my rex is stuck outside of a safezone, its not fitting the pve mindset.  We dont want to waste hours upon hours of our life grinding items, babysitting a KO'd animal, training said animal, breeding said animal, or raising said animals babies just for some azzhat to come along and "Kick down our blocks" like a bratty 6yo during any part of that process.  We wouldn't mind teaming up with you, but outside of that leave us the F alone is the mindset.  We want to be online for social and cooperative play, not destroying each others hard work.  Every bit of that is trophies to a pve player, no trophy equals no game.  If we cant safeguard said trophies then its no longer our trophy and its no longer pve.  You need to think skyrim to understand pve.  Most people who play skyrim collect 1 of everything and stash it safely where no one(npc) can F with it, usually a house.  U better believe if something bugs up and we loose trophies that we flip the F out XD.  Id wager a lot of pvers are prone to completionisim as well, so anything getting F'd up for use irritates the F outta us.

You still don’t understand me. On PvE servers when the player leaves the island the area they are traveling to will still be PvE only. On PvP servers that same  island is still only PvE since no other players can come to your island, but when traveling to the mainland you are entering the world inhabited by others, thus exposing yourself to PvP. I am not suggesting that we merge PvP servers with PvE ones.

• Thanks 1