Will we have to deal with meshing again?

KRONOSDOUBLE

One thing that always confuses me was why the texture is a one  way door. By that I mean you can pass thru or shoot thru the undermesh side but above mesh it acts like solid ground. 

I assumed this to be a limitation of the engine so maybe the newer engine can treat texture as a solid barrier regardless which side you are on making meshing impossible. 

On 12/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, johnm81 said:

One thing that always confuses me was why the texture is a one  way door. By that I mean you can pass thru or shoot thru the undermesh side but above mesh it acts like solid ground. 

I assumed this to be a limitation of the engine so maybe the newer engine can treat texture as a solid barrier regardless which side you are on making meshing impossible. 

Im no game developer but I always assumed that this was done to decrease the size of the overall game as well as require less resources to run. having double the walls and textures could only bloat the game more imo.

4 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Im no game developer but I always assumed that this was done to decrease the size of the overall game as well as require less resources to run. having double the walls and textures could only bloat the game more imo.

The underside of the mesh can untextured. Also stops k modeing 

Archived