ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

There's been no confirmation what they mean by Xbox exclusive.

It is more than likely that they mean launch exclusive like when Ark was released early access.

Here Dollie stated "launching".

So more clarification is needed, but I'd be very surprised if it never comes to PlayStation.

Edited by GP
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GP said:

There's been no confirmation what they mean by Xbox exclusive.

It is more than likely that they mean launch exclusive like when Ark was released early access.

Here Dollie stated "launching".

So more clarification is needed, but I'd be very surprised if it never comes to PlayStation.

Thanks for the info, it's Nice from you ! 

But I won't have hopes for it on PS5, I'm not confident about it, I have a bad feeling. And if it's released years later than on Xbox... we'll have ARK 2 by the time the PS6 we'll be released maybe. Exclusivity is truly one of the worst thing. Just look at Spidey in Avengers on PS, it was a bad idea. They should stop with those consoles wars. 

I love how they still advertise Ark2 on the launch screen on PS4/5 even though it's not being released there. Yeah, prompt PS4/5 players to get excited and check out the trailer for a game you won't be able to play on this platform. Great stuff right there! And really...will I watch the comic series when my interest at that time for the game will be dead? Nope. 

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, KingOfAshes said:

I love how they still advertise Ark2 on the launch screen on PS4/5 even though it's not being released there. Yeah, prompt PS4/5 players to get excited and check out the trailer for a game you won't be able to play on this platform. Great stuff right there! And really...will I watch the comic series when my interest at that time for the game will be dead? Nope. 

They haven't confirmed it will never come to Playstation, I believe the exclusive reference was to the launch, just like on Ark it came out on PS4 last at official release after early access.

Also those trailers on the home screen give skins ingame which Playstation can still get too.

Batwoman? Oh boy... Wildcard, PLEASE don't let this show turn into a social justice thing like batwoman! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! Prioritize an awesome story over that.

Also I'd appreciate if it followed the story of the explorer notes, just with some new elements.

Edited by TimeBomb2003
  • Thanks 1

Ya'll wanna complain about exclusivity but xbox (thanks to microcrap) was never allowed access to cool modded stuff. I drooled over the npc programs for 2 years praying we on Xbox could enjoy that level of detail. What about the style packs? Or the castle mods? No. We got "bionic triceratops" so shut the hell up about "unfair" it will come to ps at some point. In the mean time enjoy your wider scope of creativity 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, TheTravelingwarrior said:

Ya'll wanna complain about exclusivity but xbox (thanks to microcrap) was never allowed access to cool modded stuff. I drooled over the npc programs for 2 years praying we on Xbox could enjoy that level of detail. What about the style packs? Or the castle mods? No. We got "bionic triceratops" so shut the hell up about "unfair" it will come to ps at some point. In the mean time enjoy your wider scope of creativity 

Playstation players should shut the hell up because Xbox didn't get Mods??? Since when did Playstation get anything like Mods or anything that Xbox didn't get?

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, mafisher79 said:

'hero protagonist'.....so does this mean we have to PLAY as him? Or is he just an NPC we interact with? Also...is this original Santiago (as in died in Extinction), because I've spent the past ten minutes arguing with a player on my server who says Ark 2 is somehow a prequel when I figured it would be obvious it would be happening post Genesis 2. >_>:

Wait...   there have been NPC's in ark, NPC that have died?  What I have never seen another human in ark except for from a mod or other palyers.  please explain

Edited by Greenhorn

26 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

crazy sjw type show, especially with one of the two writers being marguerite bennett.

Marguerite Bennett (born 1988)[1] is an American comic book writer. She has worked on Bombshells, Angela, Josie and the Pussycats, and her creator-owned books InSeXts and Animosity. Her work has been recognised for her depiction of female relationships,[2] and her representation of LGBTQ stories and characters earned nominations for a GLAAD Media Award in 2016[3] and 2017.[4]

So its happening, did you know ealier that Helena Walker had a wife?
Now you know.

Edited by slejo

6 hours ago, slejo said:

W8. Helena Walker has a... wife?
Then im sure it will be released at Netflix.

4 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I noticed that as well  I’m not watching the show

3 hours ago, DoctorMedicalMan said:

Of course she does. And I bet she's asian, too.

2 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Really hope it doesn't turn into a crazy sjw type show, especially with one of the two writers being marguerite bennett.

1 hour ago, slejo said:

Marguerite Bennett (born 1988)[1] is an American comic book writer. She has worked on Bombshells, Angela, Josie and the Pussycats, and her creator-owned books InSeXts and Animosity. Her work has been recognised for her depiction of female relationships,[2] and her representation of LGBTQ stories and characters earned nominations for a GLAAD Media Award in 2016[3] and 2017.[4]

So its happening, did you know ealier that Helena Walker had a wife?
Now you know.

Have... have y'all not read the Explorer Notes? Mei Yin and Diana end up falling in love and kissing in the Extinction Notes. Like Seriously guys come on, oh and also the actor playing Helena's wife is Elliot Page who recently came out as Trans, but I guess y'all would know him by his old name Ellen Page. Guess that's gonna ruin it for ya as well huh? I for one am absolutely exited for this show and the rest of the story.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2