ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

StudioWildcard

Hmmm .. somehow funny that Santiagos last name in the Explorer notes is Camacho and in the trailer DaCosta.. probably someone did not do his homework ? ^^

Also I don't know what to think as Vin Diesel as "cast" for him, not really happy with that choice. There would have bewn way better options in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

You don't even need to own an xbox or PC. If you have an android phone ( or iPhone next year) then download the gamepass app and pay for gamepass ultimate. £10 a month and I'm sure it will be on gamepass when it releases. Problem solved. 

23 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I’m kinda miffed that they are pre-empting Meiyin and Diana’s relationship though. If the series ever gets that far it won’t have as much impact.

That was honestly my one quibble...that if they felt the need to have Helena be gay/bi that means either they're only planning on covering the island timeline and not the other maps, or else maybe they're going to write Diana out and instead they're planning on covering the other maps (or the entire pre-genesis timeline) but to make things more simple they're going to pair Helena and Mei instead (not that I'd mind since a large chunk of the island story was their unconventional friendship anyway).

On 12/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Vahilor said:

Also I don't know what to think as Vin Diesel as "cast" for him, not really happy with that choice. There would have bewn way better options in my humble opinion.

Have you seen Pitch Black movie? Its like Aberration surface with seekers and Vin Diesel as Ridsausage was perfect in this world. Maybe you will change your mind. It was just a trailer.

EDIT: Whats wrong with this forums?.. R I D D I C K name was translated to Ridsausage?

Edited by slejo
  • Haha 1

I wanted to say thank you. I am really looking forward to the animated series but not just because it looks amazing. I am Native American and I am grateful that the animated series will be including a native in your story. When the media has one of our race in it and portrays us in a positive light it really means a lot since we are often not in the media only in history books. I know you probably won’t read this as busy as you are but thank you.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slejo said:

Have you seen Pitch Black movie? Its like Aberration surface with seekers and Vin Diesel as Ridsausage was perfect in this world. Maybe you will change your mind. It was just a trailer.

EDIT: Whats wrong with this forums?.. R I D D I C K name was translated to Ridsausage?

I saw Pitch Black and he was fitting there but as Santiago he is in my opinion a really bad choice and that Santiago even has another last name than in the explorer notes is for me something that should not happen. 

Vin Diesel as a totally fresh character I actually wouldn't mind that much.

I really hope he will not be in the game at all and it really is only a trailer but I doubt it, cause he will also be in the animated series and I think they will use a "comic" Vin Diesel version there. I fear they changed to much there too and as it seems there will be no Diana in it who is after Santiago the most liked character of mine in the Ark franchise.

I know a lot of people don't mind stuff like that and that is ok, but for me things like that are a big put off.

Edited by Vahilor

• Administrator
20 hours ago, aherdofhoboz said:

I wanted to say thank you. I am really looking forward to the animated series but not just because it looks amazing. I am Native American and I am grateful that the animated series will be including a native in your story. When the media has one of our race in it and portrays us in a positive light it really means a lot since we are often not in the media only in history books. I know you probably won’t read this as busy as you are but thank you.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We were very aware of portraying our Native American characters with consideration and respect. We were excited to work with two Indigenous American advisors/consultants for the show. One being a historical/cultural expert and the other, a Lakota language consultant for accuracy. Also our actors, Devery (Alasie) is Mohawk and Zahn (John) is Lakota. 

I hope you enjoy their characters and stories as much as I do! 

1 hour ago, Dollie said:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We were very aware of portraying our Native American characters with consideration and respect. We were excited to work with two Indigenous American advisors/consultants for the show. One being a historical/cultural expert and the other, a Lakota language consultant for accuracy. Also our actors, Devery (Alasie) is Mohawk and Zahn (John) is Lakota. 

I hope you enjoy their characters and stories as much as I do! 

I am sure I will enjoy it and thank you for that info:). The animation quality looks amazing based on your trailer.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

Awww is the Playstation player upset he doesn't get to play ARK 2? Boohoo. Suck it up mate you get so many exclusives on Playstation but cry the second theres a good game as a PC/Xbox Exclusive

On 12/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, TimeBomb2003 said:

Batwoman? Oh boy... Wildcard, PLEASE don't let this show turn into a social justice thing like batwoman! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! Prioritize an awesome story over that.

Also I'd appreciate if it followed the story of the explorer notes, just with some new elements.

Going off the voice actors it seems Helena now has a wife, which was not mentioned in the explorer notes from what I remember. TBH, I'm not really sure what social justice is but I think this relates haha. Sorry if I'm wrong

Edited by HoganRyan01

On 12/14/2020 at 10:52 PM, Alvaren said:

what about Scorched?

Oh it's my little dig at the fact WC has no real intention of fully finishing off SE, you know with an ascension and some other things that apparently fell under "much more". It is one of my favourite maps and while I understand the lack of interest in doing so, I can't pretend it’s not disappointing. I am glad for ARK 2 but I probably will not get it until it has been out a while and demonstrated performance and coding of a better quality, after all the new game is likley to have less dino's for a time given it will be a newer game. I may love the game and its lore, but it is stupid to love something and not acknowledge flaws and problems ^^

On 12/13/2020 at 6:23 AM, Caytheles said:

Are you ok bro? Remember that humans also dont have glowing implants on our wrists (as very recent looks at my wrist have shown). But yknow.. its there. We recognized it as a Rex, thats all that matters. 

there altered by the ark.. it makes its own creatures that dont exist so.. I would not give them such a hard time.. it works with the world universe. 

On 12/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, Vahilor said:

Hmmm .. somehow funny that Santiagos last name in the Explorer notes is Camacho and in the trailer DaCosta.. probably someone did not do his homework ? ^^

Agree about Vin Diesel. He is cool actor and i like his films - but it's not like hacker Santiago. I see brawe warrior, tribe leader - but not smart hacker.

Will Wildcard actually deliver a properly working game this time?  Sure love how they told us they would fix ark1... Never happened. Sure some patches was pushed out to try to fix some of the bigger problems but those broke even more of the game 60% of the time.  And all the meshing/duping/cheating/Ddos they couldn't stop.  LOL. They quite frankly can't  fix it but still push dlc for it.  I really hope they get this one right. 

• Facepalm 1

How about the fact it isn't coming to playstation!? No one is mad about this!? I spent 60 dollars on the base game, 20 dollars for 3 DLCS, and 35 dollars for the gen bundle to get invested in this game and what do I get! No respect, come on, it's absolutely pathetic that you're not even looking into the horizon for a possible version.

Edited by survivors4life

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, survivors4life said:

How about the fact it isn't coming to playstation!? No one is mad about this!? I spent 60 dollars on the base game, 20 dollars for 3 DLCS, and 35 dollars for the gen bundle to get invested in this game and what do I get! No respect, come on, it's absolutely pathetic that you're not even looking into the horizon for a possible version.

It likely will come to PlayStation last just like the first Ark did.

The exclusive release with Xbox probably includes an embargo on discussing PlayStation.

Think about it! IF it was never coming to PlayStation then the Devs would have stated that and Microsoft would not need an embargo.

16 hours ago, GP said:

It likely will come to PlayStation last just like the first Ark did.

The exclusive release with Xbox probably includes an embargo on discussing PlayStation.

Think about it! IF it was never coming to PlayStation then the Devs would have stated that and Microsoft would not need an embargo.

Thanks man, i needed that. I was really pissed when I found out I wasn’t thinking straight. I love this game, but if they don’t care enough to even try they would lose my patronage.