ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

StudioWildcard

On 12/13/2020 at 7:00 AM, DarkRaptor13 said:

EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

bruh its timed the original was also a timed xbox exclusive

On 12/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, khaidu said:

I would probably remove the "hyper-realistic dinosaurs" part. Your dinosaurs are not even close to that going by the ark 2 trailer video.

It looks like you are using a very outdated source for "accurate t-rex" did someone just google accurate t-rex and went with the horribly reconstructed bbc one with the yellow crest?

other things to note

• Reconstruction done by r.j.palmer is the most realistic rex to date
  • A lifesize replica of Sue was released and on tour this year with all current known data of Tyrannosaurus rex.
  • As far as I recall Tyrannosaurus did not have quill knobs on its ulna, and therefore did not have any discerning proof of feathering on its arms.
  • The arms are still JP style, and are not pronated to the realistic position.
  • There is plenty of evidence, and photographic proof of Tyrannosaurus scales being no wider than 5mm.
  • Tyrannosaurus did not have crocodile scutes along its back, crocodiles scutes follow a specific direction and do not face random directions.
  • Why does the trex head have an albertosaurus face instead of t-rex? Those fleshy peaks on the eyebrows is way too much like albertosaurus than tyrannosaurus
  • The head is too thin and eyes are not forward facing enough.
  • I don't know why Tyrannosaurus has protofeathers on its back similar to a psittacosaurus, but this too has not been located in any Tyrannosaurus rex specimen as of date. The closest to reveal any feather filaments was Yutyrannus, and this is still under heavy debate.
  • Your Tyrannosaurus is too annorexic. Latest bone reconstructions makes it much beefier.

Wow, you should look into a job in paleontology. Also all of these differences can be explained very simply using arks lore. The humans that engineered the dinos had no clue what a dino lookes like, these dinos have actually been alive so long, the have naturally evolved, and random light element mutation.

20 hours ago, Alvaren said:

Have... have y'all not read the Explorer Notes? Mei Yin and Diana end up falling in love and kissing in the Extinction Notes. Like Seriously guys come on, oh and also the actor playing Helena's wife is Elliot Page who recently came out as Trans, but I guess y'all would know him by his old name Ellen Page. Guess that's gonna ruin it for ya as well huh? I for one am absolutely exited for this show and the rest of the story. 

I’m not trying to make you mad, but WHY would you change the story and make Helena gay for your show, I had no comment on the thing between Mei and Diana, but I thought the entire time Helena was single and straight.

@Darkholis IK mods are awesome and great and can tremendously help out games, but this is the first mention of it, it’s more then a year from release, just chillax and find out what happens, if A2 dosent have mods, well then A1 still does and people can enjoy any mods there, if it does, well great! Sure hope there will be a fair amount of forward compatibility! Sounds like 4.26 will. But please stop being a party pooper for people.

2 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’m not trying to make you mad, but WHY would you change the story and make Helena gay for your show, I had no comment on the thing between Mei and Diana, but I thought the entire time Helena was single and straight.

Oh please. Mei Yin over the course of the notes fell in love with Diana, so it's not like the story hasn't had non-straight people. Also...having read all the explorer notes, I don't recall a SINGLE reference in Helena's notes indicating what her romantic preference was, so since she's WC's character, they're the ones who get to choose that for her. Also, the synopsis mentions 'after tragedy' she wakes up on the island, so it's very possible her mother and wife (like Mei Yin's brother) are only ever seen in flashbacks and die. Since she IS alone on the Island.

^^^

4 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

easy they didn't change it it was never said she was anything, they seem to be giving her a back story and before you say anything about that she's not the only one Mei Yin now has a brother, a brother that has never been mentioned I see no difference in this. All of this will be before their life on the Ark they die and wake on the Ark with their old memories. All they are is adding to the story fleshing it out.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:03 AM, GP said:

There's been no confirmation what they mean by Xbox exclusive.

It is more than likely that they mean launch exclusive like when Ark was released early access.

Here Dollie stated "launching".

So more clarification is needed, but I'd be very surprised if it never comes to PlayStation.

Well be prepared to be surprised cause the word is that Sony said no to it releasing on PS again like they did with ark 1 unless they have something exclusive included so for those who are blaming WC for choosing money over fans, go yell at Sony and not wildcard.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:04 AM, khaidu said:

I would probably remove the "hyper-realistic dinosaurs" part. Your dinosaurs are not even close to that going by the ark 2 trailer video.

It looks like you are using a very outdated source for "accurate t-rex" did someone just google accurate t-rex and went with the horribly reconstructed bbc one with the yellow crest?

other things to note

• Reconstruction done by r.j.palmer is the most realistic rex to date
  • A lifesize replica of Sue was released and on tour this year with all current known data of Tyrannosaurus rex.
  • As far as I recall Tyrannosaurus did not have quill knobs on its ulna, and therefore did not have any discerning proof of feathering on its arms.
  • The arms are still JP style, and are not pronated to the realistic position.
  • There is plenty of evidence, and photographic proof of Tyrannosaurus scales being no wider than 5mm.
  • Tyrannosaurus did not have crocodile scutes along its back, crocodiles scutes follow a specific direction and do not face random directions.
  • Why does the trex head have an albertosaurus face instead of t-rex? Those fleshy peaks on the eyebrows is way too much like albertosaurus than tyrannosaurus
  • The head is too thin and eyes are not forward facing enough.
  • I don't know why Tyrannosaurus has protofeathers on its back similar to a psittacosaurus, but this too has not been located in any Tyrannosaurus rex specimen as of date. The closest to reveal any feather filaments was Yutyrannus, and this is still under heavy debate.
  • Your Tyrannosaurus is too annorexic. Latest bone reconstructions makes it much beefier.

Do you know what hyper-realistic means?

On 12/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, mafisher79 said:

Oh please. Mei Yin over the course of the notes fell in love with Diana, so it's not like the story hasn't had non-straight people. Also...having read all the explorer notes, I don't recall a SINGLE reference in Helena's notes indicating what her romantic preference was, so since she's WC's character, they're the ones who get to choose that for her. Also, the synopsis mentions 'after tragedy' she wakes up on the island, so it's very possible her mother and wife (like Mei Yin's brother) are only ever seen in flashbacks and die. Since she IS alone on the Island.

I’m kinda miffed that they are pre-empting Meiyin and Diana’s relationship though. If the series ever gets that far it won’t have as much impact.

15 hours ago, Bjl2142 said:

nah this cannot be the case, if official pvp has taught us anything its that gigas are poo and if gigas are to be used then there needs to be a hard counter to them and building needs an overhaul because its absolutely no fun farming over and over and over just to keep getting wiped at stone because you are putting all of your resources towards being able to craft necessary defenses, if you build with thatch or wood bobs will prim hatchet your stuff and if you build with stone some ass with a mana and full flak will find you in 10 mins any server easy and c4 your door and popcorn your worthless to them belongings, as ark stands there is an inherent bias to combat and the fastest way to kill off players  and the future prospects will be allowing ark 2 to play like ark 1, and really if the way ark 1 plays you like so much why do you want ark 2 to be the same or similar? seems counter productive to progress.. every smaller creature needs a pack buff just to compete with a giga like after the recent changes to megalodons i can now kill enemy gigas where as before i couldn't and that's only in the water!!! what if argies got the same pack buff? there's the hard counter, a flock of 10+ argentavis to take down a gig seems like fair game but watch as all the giga cucks refute that, face it you like having an advantage over others and you like to bully them with it but what if you couldn't predict if you had an advantage, that's right i bet half of you wouldn't leave the confines of your base and your safe turrets, you'd be too scared to loose what you hold so dearly.

There may not be a hard counter on Officials but any server running Ark Additions has the perfect Giga ass-kicker... Acrocanthosaurus!

Only the coolest Dino available in the entire game!