ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

StudioWildcard

7 hours ago, slejo said:

W8. Helena Walker has a... wife?
Then im sure it will be released at Netflix.

Haven't you been keeping up? You can't NOT have a release without the mandatory minimum amount of diversity shoehorned into it in today's entertainment industry. Besides, how else are they going to justify having Elliot in it? Certainly not for acting ability...

Will everything in animated series glitch? Will dinos disappear in them? Will some of the series self-delete? Will their creators say: "It's sad but it's your problem... It's not our politics to solve the problems we created."???

If not - then these series are not about the Ark.... Ark is made of gamers' tears, who just want to play a good game. The tears that dry out quicker and quicker with every ticket they send to support. The tears that stop appearing after the realization that no one cares. That's the Ark!

Edited by Amenoso
  • Haha 3

Guess this a good way to bury ark which is broken beyond repair. We complain this broke or that broke and wildcard be like ok heres a new map or dinos instead. Also who cares about ark 2 since im on playstation the platform that made ark popular since it was failing on pc before ps4 are getting left out of ark 2. Bravo wildcard you did the wrong thing again, we tired of you screwing up.

5 minutes ago, Flypside said:

Guess this a good way to bury ark which is broken beyond repair. We complain this broke or that broke and wildcard be like ok heres a new map or dinos instead. Also who cares about ark 2 since im on playstation the platform that made ark popular since it was failing on pc before ps4 are getting left out of ark 2. Bravo wildcard you did the wrong thing again, we tired of you screwing up.

PC and their mods is what kept it afloat.

4 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

Wait...   there have been NPC's in ark, NPC that have died?  What I have never seen another human in ark except for from a mod or other palyers.  please explain

The story has always been present in explorer notes. Do a lot of people just take the XP buff and just not read them? The first 'npc' we got was the HLNA robot in genesis 1. But they're specifically referring to Vin's character Santiago as 'the hero protagonist' while still saying it's going to be a multiplayer sandbox game like Ark currently is...so I'm assuming Ark 2 will have him as an actual character we somehow interact with?

1 hour ago, Rumackay said:

Haven't you been keeping up? You can't NOT have a release without the mandatory minimum amount of diversity shoehorned into it in today's entertainment industry. Besides, how else are they going to justify having Elliot in it? Certainly not for acting ability...

Oh please. Mei Yin over the course of the notes fell in love with Diana, so it's not like the story hasn't had non-straight people. Also...having read all the explorer notes, I don't recall a SINGLE reference in Helena's notes indicating what her romantic preference was, so since she's WC's character, they're the ones who get to choose that for her. Also, the synopsis mentions 'after tragedy' she wakes up on the island, so it's very possible her mother and wife (like Mei Yin's brother) are only ever seen in flashbacks and die. Since she IS alone on the Island.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rumackay said:

Ok, but nothing you said disputes what I wrote...

Except it kinda does? Ark always had diverse characters, so it's not like they're "shoehorning" anything in when there's been a lesbian pairing in the game for awhile now. And there's a very high chance we're only gonna see Helena's wife in a few flashbacks, so it's nothing to get so upset over anyway

32 minutes ago, mafisher79 said:

Oh please. Mei Yin over the course of the notes fell in love with Diana, so it's not like the story hasn't had non-straight people. Also...having read all the explorer notes, I don't recall a SINGLE reference in Helena's notes indicating what her romantic preference was, so since she's WC's character, they're the ones who get to choose that for her. Also, the synopsis mentions 'after tragedy' she wakes up on the island, so it's very possible her mother and wife (like Mei Yin's brother) are only ever seen in flashbacks and die. Since she IS alone on the Island.

yes!!! I actually think it won't be her family dying but most likely herself don't you think? 

This is great news. I love ark. I have been playing for years and I still enjoy the game a ton. I am glad they are doing ark 2 instead of just releasing more DLC for Ark 1. Completely overhauling the game with an upgraded engine and tons of new features that couldn't mesh with the old system will be really awesome. Im stoked for this. 

Hello,

I am a little optimistic about ARK 2 but there are some sticking points I need some more information About. Firstly when you say “Primitive Survival” I hope that’s only for early game stage players because ARK is supposed to be like real life. When I say real life I mean You and your tribe will keep on developing and advancing through the game stages to compete with other tribes. I love how there are multiple game stages like human history. Early game era (Wood, Stone, Thatch structures and primitive weapons) to Late Game era (Metal Structures and tools, Tek structures, weapons, and tools, advance weaponry like RPG+Launchers, C4, Fabricated weapons, Heavy auto turrets,Tek Turrets, etc). I really Hope ark 2 will have all the things I listed just like in ARK 1 because Its what makes ark fun. I am fond how your stage is what you decide to be and your dedication will execute it. Gigas are my favourite Dino so please leave it as it is Damage wise, and allow cross server transferring. All the stuff in ark 1 is fine, adding more items in game is fine also but please, Do not nerf or downgrade Anything. Also if early access would be there it would be sweet. Goodluck on Ark 2 developers and please take the things I wrote into consideration. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alvaren said:

Have... have y'all not read the Explorer Notes? Mei Yin and Diana end up falling in love and kissing in the Extinction Notes. Like Seriously guys come on, oh and also the actor playing Helena's wife is Elliot Page who recently came out as Trans, but I guess y'all would know him by his old name Ellen Page. Guess that's gonna ruin it for ya as well huh? I for one am absolutely exited for this show and the rest of the story.

I've been wanting an Ark show for a very long time, so I just really want them to prioritize the story over social justice.

Hello everyone at wildcard, congratulations on releasing the trailers and keeping the dream alive i look forward to gen part2 and ark 2, with that being said I come here with an idea, I have what I would consider to be a decently powerful pc, nvme ssd (only has boot data and ark survival evolved installed on it and i have over 10 games installed on my other hard drive) 32Gb ddr4 3600mhz Ram, ryzen 3600xt and a GIGABYTE 5700XT graphics card and propose before you release the game on anything get some play testing happening, i and many other people want to see ark 2 succeed and would be more than happy to sign nda's to participate in testing the game before its release, past records show that delivering a finished and polished product is not something associated with you, don't be upset because there are solutions and not all of them need to be costly, id be happy to test the game and try pushing it to "break" it in hopes of finding any bugs and exploits that are not intended and with more testers comes the opportunity to discover more issues. if youd like my email i will happily give it thank you.    

10 hours ago, Alvaren said:

Have... have y'all not read the Explorer Notes? Mei Yin and Diana end up falling in love and kissing in the Extinction Notes. Like Seriously guys come on, oh and also the actor playing Helena's wife is Elliot Page who recently came out as Trans, but I guess y'all would know him by his old name Ellen Page. Guess that's gonna ruin it for ya as well huh? I for one am absolutely exited for this show and the rest of the story.

I wasnt care of lesbian love of Mei Yin and Diana. The only thing that surprised me was the story addition of wife to Helena Walker .. for the sake of today's stupid social justice trend.

8 hours ago, GigaSpino said:

Hello,

I am a little optimistic about ARK 2 but there are some sticking points I need some more information About. Firstly when you say “Primitive Survival” I hope that’s only for early game stage players because ARK is supposed to be like real life. When I say real life I mean You and your tribe will keep on developing and advancing through the game stages to compete with other tribes. I love how there are multiple game stages like human history. Early game era (Wood, Stone, Thatch structures and primitive weapons) to Late Game era (Metal Structures and tools, Tek structures, weapons, and tools, advance weaponry like RPG+Launchers, C4, Fabricated weapons, Heavy auto turrets,Tek Turrets, etc). I really Hope ark 2 will have all the things I listed just like in ARK 1 because Its what makes ark fun. I am fond how your stage is what you decide to be and your dedication will execute it. Gigas are my favourite Dino so please leave it as it is Damage wise, and allow cross server transferring. All the stuff in ark 1 is fine, adding more items in game is fine also but please, Do not nerf or downgrade Anything. Also if early access would be there it would be sweet. Goodluck on Ark 2 developers and please take the things I wrote into consideration. 

nah this cannot be the case, if official pvp has taught us anything its that gigas are poo and if gigas are to be used then there needs to be a hard counter to them and building needs an overhaul because its absolutely no fun farming over and over and over just to keep getting wiped at stone because you are putting all of your resources towards being able to craft necessary defenses, if you build with thatch or wood bobs will prim hatchet your stuff and if you build with stone some ass with a mana and full flak will find you in 10 mins any server easy and c4 your door and popcorn your worthless to them belongings, as ark stands there is an inherent bias to combat and the fastest way to kill off players  and the future prospects will be allowing ark 2 to play like ark 1, and really if the way ark 1 plays you like so much why do you want ark 2 to be the same or similar? seems counter productive to progress.. every smaller creature needs a pack buff just to compete with a giga like after the recent changes to megalodons i can now kill enemy gigas where as before i couldn't and that's only in the water!!! what if argies got the same pack buff? there's the hard counter, a flock of 10+ argentavis to take down a gig seems like fair game but watch as all the giga cucks refute that, face it you like having an advantage over others and you like to bully them with it but what if you couldn't predict if you had an advantage, that's right i bet half of you wouldn't leave the confines of your base and your safe turrets, you'd be too scared to loose what you hold so dearly.

I bought ark about 8 months ago, I loved it, so I bought aberration, extinction and scorched earth, I am super excited for ark 2, not to mention the animation, but I would love to be able to finish genesis before the launch of ark 2, because of the lag and the complete server disconnections every 10 minutes has been unplayable, and I even regret the purchase

Edited by Drilongator