ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

StudioWildcard

ARK II

ARK II, Sequel to the Multi-Platinum Dinosaur Franchise has been announced with major moves to expand the iconic survival universe! We’re so excited to share the trailer with you!

ARK II thrusts players into a brutal new world of primitive survival against both beast and man, facing down the ever-present threats of hyper-realistic intelligent dinosaurs, aggressive alien fauna, and the exotic environments of an unearthly planet. Survivors will continue ARK's dramatic eons-spanning story of humankind's evolution, in this next-generation sandbox survival experience!

ARK2_Screenshots2_1.png

Catch the Official full length high-resolution trailer featuring Vin Diesel as the hero protagonist, Santiago

ARK2_Screenshots2_2.png

Finally, here's a special treat from Gareth Coker, the first two Official tracks from the ARK II soundtrack!

ARK: Animated Series

ARKTV_PosterLogo.pngStudio Wildcard has partnered with acclaimed director Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) to executive produce and co-showrun an original animated television series based on the hit video game ARK: Survival Evolved.

Created and executive produced by the game’s creators Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak and associate produced by the game’s product managers, Jatheish K and Ihriel E, ARK: The Animated Series is currently composed of fourteen 30-minute episodes and has two seasons currently in production in anticipation of a 2022 launch. 

Marguerite Bennett (Batwoman, DC’s Bombshells, Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Josie and the Pussycats) and Kendall Deacon Davis (Halo 4, The Wolf Among Us, Honor of Kings) are the lead writers for ARK: The Animated Series, which features an extraordinary voice cast!

Voice talent and character descriptions, in alphabetical order:

• Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
  • Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
  • Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva's army.
  • Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
  • Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
  • Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
  • Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
  • Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
  • Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
  • Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
  • David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
  • Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
  • Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
  • Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
  • Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
  • Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
  • With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
  • And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.

Vin Diesel has joined Studio Wildcard as President of Creative Convergence and will act as executive producer of both “ARK II” and “ARK: The Animated Series.” Diesel will also lend his voice talents as Santiago, a fully rendered hero protagonist, who will cross over from the newly announced video game sequel to the animated television series.

From cutting-edge animation studio Lex + Otis and with music composed by Gareth Coker (Ori and the Will of the Wisps), ARK: The Animated Series chronicles the story of a mysterious primeval land populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures, where people from throughout human history have been resurrected. When 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes on the ARK after tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords -- all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.

ARK fans will recognise many aspects of the lore and witness new depth and development to familiar characters. We can’t wait to share more as we near the airing!

ARKTV_Poster_SMALL%20(1).png

View full article

'hero protagonist'.....so does this mean we have to PLAY as him? Or is he just an NPC we interact with? Also...is this original Santiago (as in died in Extinction), because I've spent the past ten minutes arguing with a player on my server who says Ark 2 is somehow a prequel when I figured it would be obvious it would be happening post Genesis 2. >_>:

50 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Oh look, another kid who fail to realize the game is still alive mainly because of its modding community.

Well mate we know this but we just got two huge announcements for the game and all he is saying is stop complaining and enjoy what we got.

now crack open a bottle of Champagne and enjoy this gift we got.

• Like 2

I would probably remove the "hyper-realistic dinosaurs" part. Your dinosaurs are not even close to that going by the ark 2 trailer video.

It looks like you are using a very outdated source for "accurate t-rex" did someone just google accurate t-rex and went with the horribly reconstructed bbc one with the yellow crest?

other things to note

• Reconstruction done by r.j.palmer is the most realistic rex to date
  • A lifesize replica of Sue was released and on tour this year with all current known data of Tyrannosaurus rex.
  • As far as I recall Tyrannosaurus did not have quill knobs on its ulna, and therefore did not have any discerning proof of feathering on its arms.
  • The arms are still JP style, and are not pronated to the realistic position.
  • There is plenty of evidence, and photographic proof of Tyrannosaurus scales being no wider than 5mm.
  • Tyrannosaurus did not have crocodile scutes along its back, crocodiles scutes follow a specific direction and do not face random directions.
  • Why does the trex head have an albertosaurus face instead of t-rex? Those fleshy peaks on the eyebrows is way too much like albertosaurus than tyrannosaurus
  • The head is too thin and eyes are not forward facing enough.
  • I don't know why Tyrannosaurus has protofeathers on its back similar to a psittacosaurus, but this too has not been located in any Tyrannosaurus rex specimen as of date. The closest to reveal any feather filaments was Yutyrannus, and this is still under heavy debate.
  • Your Tyrannosaurus is too annorexic. Latest bone reconstructions makes it much beefier.
Edited by khaidu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Darkholis said:

Still not a SINGLE word in regards to modding.

News of the game has literally just broke, it's still early days. We haven't even seen any ingame footage of gameplay yet.

There's plenty of time for more news and details to come. First we need to know what platform on PC it is on before thinking about Mods.

Lets just give the Devs time to release their details.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khaidu said:

I would probably remove the "hyper-realistic dinosaurs" part. Your dinosaurs are not even close to that going by the ark 2 trailer video.

It looks like you are using a very outdated source for "accurate t-rex" did someone just google accurate t-rex and went with the horribly reconstructed bbc one with the yellow crest?

other things to note

• A lifesize replica of Sue was released and on tour this year with all current known data of Tyrannosaurus rex.
  • As far as I recall Tyrannosaurus did not have quill knobs on its ulna, and therefore did not have any discerning proof of feathering on its arms.
  • There is plenty of evidence, and photographic proof of Tyrannosaurus scales being no wider than 5mm.
  • Tyrannosaurus did not have crocodile scutes along its back, crocodiles scutes follow a specific direction and do not face random directions.
  • Why does the trex head have an albertosaurus face instead of t-rex? Those fleshy peaks on the eyebrows is way too much like albertosaurus than tyrannosaurus
  • I don't know why Tyrannosaurus has protofeathers on its back similar to a psittacosaurus, but this too has not been located in any Tyrannosaurus rex specimen as of date. The closest to reveal any feather filaments was Yutyrannus, and this is still under heavy debate.
  • Your Tyrannosaurus is too annorexic. Latest bone reconstructions makes it much beefier.

can you just not ok?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Darkmane said:

Will ARK II feature proper character customization or we are still doomed to play deformed abominations?

I rekon character creation will be much improved.

I'm also hoping hair can be styled and not start bald, so you can have it and keep it at the length you desire.

Dear ARK II Development Team!
First of all, I really like the ARK series as a game because it gives fantastic experiences and as a game it is fun.
I hope you no longer make the many awful annoying mistakes that come with the ARK I engine and programming. what do i mean by that?
- load times ... uhh ...
- a bunch of ridiculously annoying bugs in two places, movement of animals, I get stuck in a texture
- Some backups do not load completely well and lead to game crashes
- normal engine optimization ...
I hope you can eliminate these would be cool. I ask you !
Right ? Not mid-range and we're going to improve on the go do you want to release a beta phase out game? (would it be a failure ...)? 
Then you create a worthy choke.
I’m looking forward to what you can get out of this in every way!
As for the trailer, which is the last 1:29 second ... it really hits there ... why?
- simple
That’s what survival is all about, discover, fight, adventure, and discover what the future holds!
not true Survivor?
Thanks for reading!

Edited by Sarkanysziv

4 hours ago, mafisher79 said:

'hero protagonist'.....so does this mean we have to PLAY as him? Or is he just an NPC we interact with? Also...is this original Santiago (as in died in Extinction), because I've spent the past ten minutes arguing with a player on my server who says Ark 2 is somehow a prequel when I figured it would be obvious it would be happening post Genesis 2. >_>:

Its definitely a sequel, we didn't know about the Genesis Simulation until recently, and Helena didnt ascent and create HLNA for us until after extinction. Also, as for Santiago, im not sure what it is in his case, could be he respawned, or there are more than one of us on the arks, but the scan says his implant imprinting is incomplete, whatever that means. 

3 hours ago, khaidu said:

other things to note

Are you ok bro? Remember that humans also dont have glowing implants on our wrists (as very recent looks at my wrist have shown). But yknow.. its there. We recognized it as a Rex, thats all that matters. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5