Is Ark 2 launching on Switch & PS5

TheNeoReaper

Switch will probably be retired by the time it releases and Nintendo will have a new console. Even if it’s still active, there is no way in hell it could run Ark II.

PS5 is more ambiguous, it’s either a timed exclusive to PC/XBOX and will come to PS5 later on, or is genuinely a PC/XBOX exclusive. We don’t know which yet.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'd be very surprised if after releasing Ark to all platforms (PC/Xbox/PS4) that they would not release to PS5.

However, it is more than likely it will be the same as Ark I where it comes to Playstation at official release assuming Ark II comes out in Early Access or Beta of whatever.

Clarification of that I feel is needed for the PS community.

I am almost certain that "launching exclusively" is a marketing term because it seems purposefully misleading. Launching exclusively is not the same as releasing exclusively. Every time people on twitter ask devs about it, they parrot out the same line. They probably aren't supposed to talk about PS5 being developed afterward or risk breaking an aspect of their agreement with MS

I could be wrong in the end but I have yet to see any dev confirm that this game is NOT RELEASING on PS5. I have just seen the same smooth brain response of "launching exclusively" on Xbox...despite also launching on another platform. I can almost guarantee you that trying to get a straight answer regarding RELEASE and not LAUNCH will get you straight up ignored. 

30 minutes ago, HalfSquatch2042 said:

I am almost certain that "launching exclusively" is a marketing term because it seems purposefully misleading. Launching exclusively is not the same as releasing exclusively. Every time people on twitter ask devs about it, they parrot out the same line. They probably aren't supposed to talk about PS5 being developed afterward or risk breaking an aspect of their agreement with MS

I could be wrong in the end but I have yet to see any dev confirm that this game is NOT RELEASING on PS5. I have just seen the same smooth brain response of "launching exclusively" on Xbox...despite also launching on another platform. I can almost guarantee you that trying to get a straight answer regarding RELEASE and not LAUNCH will get you straight up ignored. 

Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼‍♂️💚U en Twitter: "We are excited to be working with the Studios Wildcard team on bringing ARK II staring Vin Diesel exclusively to Xbox Series X|S consoles." / Twitter

Sorry but this tweet says clearly "exclusive". "launch" was said just in another tweet to clarify that they were launching it not only in Xbox but also in PC.

I understand that PS5 fans wants Ark in that console, but it's time to forget the denial stage and accept it.

I am not saying that it's impossible, but the reality is that today, Ark II is Microsoft exclusive.

8 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼‍♂️💚U en Twitter: "We are excited to be working with the Studios Wildcard team on bringing ARK II staring Vin Diesel exclusively to Xbox Series X|S consoles." / Twitter

Sorry but this tweet says clearly "exclusive". "launch" was said just in another tweet to clarify that they were launching it not only in Xbox but also in PC.

I understand that PS5 fans wants Ark in that console, but lie yourself is not a good idea.

I am not saying that it's impossible, but the reality is that today, Ark II is Microsoft exclusive.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. Im not arguing the fact that its LAUNCHING on Xbox Exclusively. Show me where it says its RELEASING exclusively on Xbox. 

Ark Survival Evolved was an Xbox LAUNCH exclusive as well. It was the exact same story. 

6 minutes ago, HalfSquatch2042 said:

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. Im not arguing the fact that its LAUNCHING on Xbox Exclusively. Show me where it says its RELEASING exclusively on Xbox. 

Ark Survival Evolved was an Xbox LAUNCH exclusive as well. It was the exact same story. 

You ignored the tweet I wrote before. I don't want to speak with people like you. Bye. I won't answer you anymore.

21 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Sorry but I don't speak with trolls. You ignored the tweet I wrote before. Bye. I won't answer you anymore.

I've seen the tweet. Its just stupid to pretend this didn't JUST happen. 

How many other games has MS rolled out as "Launch exclusives" and then they were on Playstation? People literally joke about this regularly. Its marketing words that they use during shows. It doesn't really matter to me either way. I just need this to come to Steam so I dont have to deal with the god awful MS store and make use of mods. 

You understand that releasing doesn't have the same meaning as launching right? Ark released on PS4 but it launched on Xbox first. I guess we can just wait and see. 

Also, Cuphead, PUBG, Black Desert Online, Rise of the Tomb Raider... all Xbox Exclusive games..all on Playstation. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2015/11/10/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-launches-today-exclusively-on-xbox/

If its not a first party MS developer, it WILL come to the other platform. Hell, im pretty sure that Playstation has more players than Xbox on Ark. Its insanity to believe this isn't just marketing. Call me a troll if you like. I brought receipts. I have no ill will towards you though. Have a good day. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Cucharon said:

I understand that PS5 fans wants Ark in that console, but it's time to forget the denial stage and accept it.

The honest fact is NO-ONE can say for sure, not even you whether Ark 2 will be coming to PS.

@HalfSquatch2042 actually has a very valid point regarding the Devs may be contractually blocked from mentioning PS involvement for some time, but this does not mean it is not coming to PS.

It is very likely that Ark II will release ONLY on PC/Xbox, and will later release on PS.

Like Ark, it released initially on PC in early access, a few moths later dropped on Xbox in their early access program. PS does not have such a thing (not really the same at least) and therefore PS cannot release until it is a finished product.

It is very likely that Ark II will release in a development stage, like early access, beta etc which would not be possible for PS until official launch.

Just because you quoted someone from Microsoft who by the way would not even hint that it will be coming to a competitor platform in the future you cannot state for a fact it is never coming to PS.

Until the Devs themselves clear state it IS or is NOT coming to PS then no-one can claim 100% either way.

So it's not very wise for you to tell the PS community to forget the denial stage and accept it when you know nothing about what is actually planned.

1 hour ago, GP said:

The honest fact is NO-ONE can say for sure, not even you whether Ark 2 will be coming to PS.

@HalfSquatch2042 actually has a very valid point regarding the Devs may be contractually blocked from mentioning PS involvement for some time, but this does not mean it is not coming to PS.

It is very likely that Ark II will release ONLY on PC/Xbox, and will later release on PS.

Like Ark, it released initially on PC in early access, a few moths later dropped on Xbox in their early access program. PS does not have such a thing (not really the same at least) and therefore PS cannot release until it is a finished product.

It is very likely that Ark II will release in a development stage, like early access, beta etc which would not be possible for PS until official launch.

Just because you quoted someone from Microsoft who by the way would not even hint that it will be coming to a competitor platform in the future you cannot state for a fact it is never coming to PS.

Until the Devs themselves clear state it IS or is NOT coming to PS then no-one can claim 100% either way.

So it's not very wise for you to tell the PS community to forget the denial stage and accept it when you know nothing about what is actually planned.

You know what is not wise? Answer someone without understanding at least a conversation works.

One was saying that Microsoft/WC said "launch exclusive" in all the comunications and that prooved that it was time limited. That's why I put this tweet to proof that he was liying. That there were no proofs of that.

There are only two tweets, all the information we have are 2 tweets, one says exclusive for Xbox consoles, and the other says that it will also be launch on PC.

From here, say that "it's time limited" because "they always say launching release" is just denial and liying. There are any proof of that. And I am tired of people liying others. I've seen people asking if they should buy a PS5 and people like that "guy" saying that obviously it's just time limited because they said "launching".  Will this kind of people pay one Xbox if at the end Ark II is never released in PS5? Will you pay to them? The only truth is that TODAY, ARK II is Microsoft exclusive. In one year? In one mont? Tomorrow? In 5 seconds? It could change. but now, it is. 

I don't think a mod should speak like you did and even worse, I don't think a mod should defend a lie.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

I don't think a mod should speak like you did and even worse, I don't think a mod should defend a lie.

How did I defend a lie?

I stated no-one can say either way whether it will be on PS at this time.

However, it is HIGHLY likely that Studio Wildcard is in a contracted agreement NOT to mention Playstation at this stage, which would STONGLY suggest it is a timed exclusive and it will likely come to Playstation at official release.

IF they were not contracted to not mention Playstation, then WHY would Wildcard ignore any questions and concerns about it releasing on Playstation?

IF it was NEVER coming to Playstation there would be NO need for Microsoft to contract silence on it, so Wildcard would be able to say from day one it is not coming to Playstation.

Unless you can convince me on those points otherwise, then I believe it is a timed exclusive and Playstation is likely to get it at official release after early access or whatever state it is released in 2022.

So don't accuse me of supporting a lie, when no-one knows the answer yet so it is ALL speculation.

8 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

You know what is not wise? Answer someone without understanding at least a conversation works.

One was saying that Microsoft/WC said "launch exclusive" in all the comunications and that prooved that it was time limited. That's why I put this tweet to proof that he was liying. That there were no proofs of that.

There are only two tweets, all the information we have are 2 tweets, one says exclusive for Xbox consoles, and the other says that it will also be launch on PC.

From here, say that "it's time limited" because "they always say launching release" is just denial and liying. There are any proof of that. And I am tired of people liying others. I've seen people asking if they should buy a PS5 and people like that "guy" saying that obviously it's just time limited because they said "launching".  Will this kind of people pay one Xbox if at the end Ark II is never released in PS5? The only truth is that TODAY, ARK II is Microsoft exclusive. And say the oposite, is a lie. In one year? In one mont? Tomorrow? In 5 seconds? It could change. but now, it is.

This is weird. 

I don't know why youre assuming I have something to gain by lying about it or why i'd spend my time lying about it. The tweet you posted said that Aaron Greenburg is working to bring Ark 2 Exclusively to Microsoft platforms. Why would Aaron Greenburg, a MS employee, work to bring it to Playstation? This is how marketing works. Its intentionally misleading. We have seen it time and time again. I showed you multiple examples that you ignored to prove that im not just getting this idea from nowhere. I dont know what to tell you. 

As of right now, itll launch on PC and Xbox first. It seems extremely likely, based on precedent that that wont be the full extent of platforms supported. 

6 minutes ago, GP said:

How did I defend a lie?

I stated no-one can say either way whether it will be on PS at this time.

However, it is HIGHLY likely that Studio Wildcard is in a contracted agreement NOT to mention Playstation at this stage, which would STONGLY suggest it is a timed exclusive and it will likely come to Playstation at official release.

IF they were not contracted to not mention Playstation, then WHY would Wildcard ignore any questions and concerns about it releasing on Playstation?

IF it was NEVER coming to Playstation there would be NO need for Microsoft to contract silence on it, so Wildcard would be able to say from day one it is not coming to Playstation.

Unless you can convince me on those points otherwise, then I believe it is a timed exclusive and Playstation is likely to get it at official release after early access or whatever state it is released in 2022.

So don't accuse me of supporting a lie, when no-one knows the answer yet so it is ALL speculation.

I don't care what you say now, You said it clearly before

"Just because you quoted someone from Microsoft who by the way would not even hint that it will be coming to a competitor platform in the future you cannot state for a fact it is never coming to PS."

I quoted someone in Microsoft to proof that they didn't said "launching".

You can't understand it? Well, not my problem. But don't expect I care abot what you write when you literally ignored why I wrote something and try to create fires whichs is literally the oposite a mod should do. Bye. Don't expect any more answer from me. 

1 hour ago, GP said:

He clearly wrote the tweet to show thaht the world launch wasn't there. Also he says that it was not imposible to be launched on PS5. But now the only "official" information is that Ark 2 is xbox exclusive. You should not defense people who lies saying that its sure that it will be release also in PS5 by attacking someone who is giving a exact information. You should have corrected to the one who gave fake information about the "launch" word but you didn't, so clearly you are not objective. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Not a single person has lied here, everyone, including you that claim people are lieing are stating assumptions and beliefs. So stop claiming people are lieing when everyone is speculating based on the little information provided.

You are both complaining more than the Playstation community is currently about the situation. 🤦‍♂️

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, qLIONSp said:

WC doesnt give a crap is PS owners are pissed, the wont clarify this until PS owners already bought Genesis... 

Actually I think you are entirely wrong.

Just give this some thought.....

Microsoft have an exclusive launch agreed for Xbox right, so that means it is HIGHLY likely that part of that agreement includes a block on any mention of Playstation for a set period, possibly up to launch. This would be a legally binding contract to prevent them discussing it.

Why else would they be keeping quiet about it? It is nothing to do with not giving a crap.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:44 AM, Cucharon said:

From here, say that "it's time limited" because "they always say launching release" is just denial and liying. There are any proof of that. And I am tired of people liying others. I've seen people asking if they should buy a PS5 and people like that "guy" saying that obviously it's just time limited because they said "launching".  Will this kind of people pay one Xbox if at the end Ark II is never released in PS5? Will you pay to them? The only truth is that TODAY, ARK II is Microsoft exclusive. In one year? In one mont? Tomorrow? In 5 seconds? It could change. but now, it is. 

breakfast noise GIF

On 12/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mikewan said:

He clearly wrote the tweet to show thaht the world launch wasn't there. Also he says that it was not imposible to be launched on PS5. But now the only "official" information is that Ark 2 is xbox exclusive. You should not defense people who lies saying that its sure that it will be release also in PS5 by attacking someone who is giving a exact information. You should have corrected to the one who gave fake information about the "launch" word but you didn't, so clearly you are not objective. 

Where is it stated mods need to be objective? You know they VOLUNTEER for this, right? 

Archived