help Dedicated server file transfer?

MrWild

A friend of mine has been hosting a dedicated server through the steam online dedicated server program, but he is no longer going to be playing so he doesn't want to host anymore. I want to take it over but there are quite a few people on the server and mods installed, do I just need to get him to send me the server files then copy them into my ark server file? Is this even possible? If so, would everyone be able to keep their dinos buildings and levels? 

Any help would be great.

Thanks

That should be possible.

You'll need the save directory, a copy of game.ini, gus.ini, engine.ini, plus the startup command line.

Dinos and structures are in the main game file.
Characters and tribes have individual files of their own, but they're all kept in the main save directory.

Make sure no-one has uploaded any dinos or items to the obolisk.  The Obolisk (Ark Data) has a directory of its own and your life will be slightly easier if you don't have to deal with it.

How many maps do you have?

9 hours ago, Larkfields said:

That should be possible.

You'll need the save directory, a copy of game.ini, gus.ini, engine.ini, plus the startup command line.

Dinos and structures are in the main game file.
Characters and tribes have individual files of their own, but they're all kept in the main save directory.

Make sure no-one has uploaded any dinos or items to the obolisk.  The Obolisk (Ark Data) has a directory of its own and your life will be slightly easier if you don't have to deal with it.

How many maps do you have?

I personally only have one saved single player map, and the server I play on most is my friends which is on the one map Ragnarok.

Archived