ARK 2 Theories?

BlackACE

Anyone wanna share their theories on what ARK 2 will bring? Like the Orc-looking guys, and their purpose, why the T-Rex looks different (Is it a new mutations system?), Or even the armor that was shown in the trailer, and whether it has a real purpose or just aesthetics? Any theories are appreciated as it gives me more to think about in my boring day!

Well the guy in trailer is Santiago, so he must've been brought back from the dead like Diana was, since I presume this game takes place after the first. I'd guess the characters will be npcs in this game. My guess is the orcs are probably some man made abomination like all the other creatures.

The hologram thing said genesis on it, not sure the significance but its there.

Ok so lets start with what we see in the trailer. Let's begin in the cave.

The structures in the cave is probably the whole or part of the room where the end cut scene video sequence start after beating Corrupted Master Controller in Gen part 1. We can cleary see that it has the same 3 rings and we see 1 sleeping chamber and a control panel for it in the ARK II trailer.

If we then go into the spear and axe skin we got yesterday from looking at the trailers ingame we can see that they have been made by scrap pieces from some kind of wreck. Probably from yes that's right the ''escape pod room'' in the cave at some point.

My guess is that Santiago aka Vin Diesel is somehow on the Genesis Part 2 ship, after beating Gen part 2 he will crash on the planet that the ship takes us to for some reason. Other parts of the Gen 2 ship might also have crashed on the very same planet as Santiago and released the dinos that were present there at the time of impact. Or the planet that Santiago is on in the trailer is pre seeded with dinos from earlier experiments made by the organisation that we probably will learn more about in Gen part 2 '' The Federation''. Maybe the crashed stuff is just some kind of life pods and the ship keeps on going floating through space even after Genesis Part 2? Maybe Rockwell return at some point in the ARK arc?

As for the Rex it might be a new specimen thats on the Genesis Part 2 ship or a completely new species related to the Tyrannosaurus Rex. The primitive orcish humanoids that we see in the trailer might be the occupants on the planet were Santiago crashed. I can also see that one of the Orc people wear some kind of dragon scale stylish gauntlets, ''Here there be dragons''?

Maybe we can do some gene manipulation in ARK II, like design our own animals, gene splicing?

Some thoughts of mine.

I'm HYPED as F whatever ARK II will be!!!

My guess is that ARK II and all it's dlc will be on the planets that we see at the end of the trailer. In the last DLC for ARK II, a couple of years from now we will be about finding a way home to Earth. Then in ARK III we will finally end the story and save the Earth once and for all! Is Rockwell still alive on earth after he crashed with the Aberration ARK? Has he cloned himself? 😮

Wildcard will with this story arc be busy until 2030 and will have a steady income from it. A nice business model!

Hmm maybe I should work as a story teller somewhere🧐 WC are you hireing?

Thanks for reading!

I wish they'd give us a clear timeline as it relates to the original survivors (and our own character). I assumed Ark 2 starts some time after the colony ship Rockwell is trying to take over in Genesis 2 lands (or crashes?) on a new planet (hence the control room they go into in the trailer and the stone that shows the HLNA robot on it). There's also the issue that Santiago was killed (or just presumed dead? I didn't fully play through extinction) in Extinction so is there confirmation that this is original Santiago and he either didn't actually die, or was he brought back (or is a new clone of him) and ended up on the ship?

I actually haven't seen anyone connect the "orcs" to the nameless so far, which puzzles me, so I'm calling it here. 

They're more evolved nameless or something akin to nameless. Used-to-be humans that have been corrupted by element, like Gollum by the ring. Maybe Rockwell played a part in it or maybe not. 

There still are huge gaps. We know we cleansed the earth before Genesis. And we know the Abberration ark made it to earth with Rockwell. Then all of a sudden we're on a spaceship, and in a simulation. Everything on earth is destroyed and ancient, but the spaceship looks brand spanking new and looks clean af. So what, was it parked in some huge underground hangar that somehow survived whatever happened on earth unscathed? Or was it parked up in space while everything else has been going on? How did we make it to the ship? Were we ever really on earth to begin with? When we ascend to homo deus and lose our implant, what exactly does that mean? And why/how do we still have the implant in our arm when waking up from Genesis part 1 in the cutscene? 

It suggests to me that the expansions are taking place out of order, or that Extinction was a simulation too. My understanding is that when we spawn, our "soul" (or whatever) is put into a generated body. So every time you die, your soul, which again to my understanding is somehow related to your implant, goes back into "the cloud" and a new body is generated for you,which "you" are then placed into. It's also my understanding that ascending to homo deus and losing the implant in Extinction turned us into a more "final" pysical version of ourselves. So our soul is bound to our body and not the implant/cloud. Turning us human again. But Helena, who is a homo deus, doesn't seem very human. None of this makes any sense. 

But maybe Ark 2 is the new earth, long after Extinction/Genesis, and maybe the orcs have evolved from the nameless that followed Rockwell to earth in the Aberration ark. 

OK so look at the center console, when Santiago enters the cave and the computer/tablet he accesses. Then look at the end of Genesis part 1. its effectively the same room. My theory is that when Rockwell captured you, he also brought your colony ship down to the new ship in Gen 2. Then over time, the room decayed and nature took over and turned into a sort of cave. Then at the end of gen 2, lets say you crash the ship into a planet or something (which is why the landscape is so messed up at the end of ark2 trailer) and future people discover it. For example, a clone of Santiago stumbles among the room, he then remembers that he invented the room (because he was a very smart person an most likely made/designed most if not all the structures/construct in ARK), so he deactivates it. Bringing the end to TEK in ARK. Tell me what you think and if you wanna talk more abt it, I could legit speculate theories all day. Thanks for reading!

14 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I actually haven't seen anyone connect the "orcs" to the nameless so far, which puzzles me, so I'm calling it here. 

They're more evolved nameless or something akin to nameless. Used-to-be humans that have been corrupted by element, like Gollum by the ring. Maybe Rockwell played a part in it or maybe not. 

There still are huge gaps. We know we cleansed the earth before Genesis. And we know the Abberration ark made it to earth with Rockwell. Then all of a sudden we're on a spaceship, and in a simulation. Everything on earth is destroyed and ancient, but the spaceship looks brand spanking new and looks clean af. So what, was it parked in some huge underground hangar that somehow survived whatever happened on earth unscathed? Or was it parked up in space while everything else has been going on? How did we make it to the ship? Were we ever really on earth to begin with? When we ascend to homo deus and lose our implant, what exactly does that mean? And why/how do we still have the implant in our arm when waking up from Genesis part 1 in the cutscene? 

It suggests to me that the expansions are taking place out of order, or that Extinction was a simulation too. My understanding is that when we spawn, our "soul" (or whatever) is put into a generated body. So every time you die, your soul, which again to my understanding is somehow related to your implant, goes back into "the cloud" and a new body is generated for you,which "you" are then placed into. It's also my understanding that ascending to homo deus and losing the implant in Extinction turned us into a more "final" pysical version of ourselves. So our soul is bound to our body and not the implant/cloud. Turning us human again. But Helena, who is a homo deus, doesn't seem very human. None of this makes any sense. 

But maybe Ark 2 is the new earth, long after Extinction/Genesis, and maybe the orcs have evolved from the nameless that followed Rockwell to earth in the Aberration ark. 

I think you need to reread the notes. Homo Deus exist in on a different "plane" so to speak. We don't become one at the end of Extinction.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:06 AM, DodoRaptor said:

I think you need to reread the notes. Homo Deus exist in on a different "plane" so to speak. We don't become one at the end of Extinction.

I don't know. Afaik, all the notes on Extinction are things we discover while journeying Extinction. Which means, storywise, by the time we make it to the Alpha King, we've found all the notes. What happens between us and the King Titan is "current". There are no notes that speak about what happens to us after we defeat him. The next thing we know is the Genesis simulation. The "notes" there don't give us any hint about what happened at the end of Extinction. But when we defeat Extinction, we lose the implant and wake up in the Genesis simulation next. When we defeat the Genesis simulation, we wake up and have the implant back. Imo, whatever happens at the end of Extinction isn't clear. It is very much up for interpretation, and that seems to be by design. They want it to not seem straightforward because there's some kind of twist planned to it. Or it's just bad storytelling? I'll assume it's not that for the time being.

My assumption about us turning Homo Deus is based on the fact we get a Homo Deus Record instead of an Implant, in our inventory after defeating the King Titan. That's either our Homo Deus Record, because we're a Homo Deus so it's the Record of ourself - Or it's something Helena gave us. It's a record of her? That doesn't make any sense, I'm assuming it's a record of ourself, just like the implant, only now we're a Homo Deus, so we no longer need the implant because we're now transcendant. It could explain how we end up in the Genesis simulation. In any case, it is not clear that we didn't turn into one, and the "Homo Deus Record" needs some explanation if that's not what it means. It's also not exactly clear what, exactly, a Homo Deus is. They don't exist on another plane, that is not the right way to think about it. They transcended the physical - A better way to think of that is that they exist on every plane, and can move between them at will. She left us notes, so she can obviously manipulate the physical realm, too, although she doesn't have a physical body as per what's described in the notes she left us about how her experience feels. Anyway, all of this is giving unclear directions about what's going on. And I'll deffo re-read some notes, but I don't think I'm completely off about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived