Ark 2.0 or a Ark spin off?

Nephilim

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Valkyrie0815 said:

trailer looks to me too like some singleplayer story game.

iam usually the one who ditches the onlinegame part and only playes singleplayer, but with ark its the exact opposite, i really hope iam wrong and we all have a grand time in ark 2 👌

Devs have already said it's going to be a multiplayer sandbox game.

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

I love your optimism, however these people have a history of producing lemons, have a long continued history of being incompetent

and history tends to repeat itself.

They also have a history of creating and expanding on an IP that's earned them nearly a billion dollars.

I'm guessing they will be ok in the future if history repeats itself.

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They also have a history of creating and expanding on an IP that's earned them nearly a billion dollars.

You mean selling unfinished dlc's? after promising not to sell a dlc until the main game that was originally sold, got completed.

Yeah im sure dishonest and unethical behaviour will continue to work long into the future.
Because no one will remember the last 4-5 years of terrible performance.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

You mean selling unfinished dlc's? after promising not to sell a dlc until the main game that was originally sold, got completed.

Yeah im sure dishonest and unethical behaviour will continue to work long into the future.
Because no one will remember the last 4-5 years of terrible performance.

People that complain the most about this game are the first people in line to buy the next product.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

People that complain the most about this game are the first people in line to buy the next product.

That is true , probably those people should make their criticism as they should but not be over pessimistic about the future. Wildcard has no interest to lose all its credibility , the first game is what it is , its a great addictive game but not perfect and its problems cant be solved on its current engine , there is no reason the devs dont want to create a better experience in ARK 2.

Analyzing the last few months of Dev activity may help you come to some forgone conclusions.  I particularly took notice in the surveys sent out by Cedric to the community involving questions that glaringly point at an MMORPG approach to the future Ark title, including questions about the crafting system and a few other things.  That, and with the company expanding into the realms of Television, hiring big names for Rockwell, Santiago, etc, that tells me that they are upping the ante here and breaking into a different genre of gaming with Ark 2.   Ark 1 was and is still great, we recently moved back to Unofficial from Official, just got tired of the drama and dealing with those who thought their self worth and importance were more of a priority then letting us enjoy the game the way we wanted to play it lol.  Ark 2 however, seems to be heading in the MMO direction at least from the design standpoint, and it makes perfect sense that Wildcard would want to cash in on something subscription based to keep the development team paid, upping their game in customer support, and allowing for more stability.  I could be 100% wrong in this, but if I were a betting man, i'd put my money on it.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, Nephilim said:

Sup all, so, after having a few conversations with some mates, I see there is a lot of talk about Ark 2 being a diferent type of game, not a mmo survival type and more like some lineal story driven game like God Of War. My question is, why is that even a topic? Like, where is there any relevant information about why the gameplay core mechanics is going to be different?

If that's the case, would they not be basically killing of the entire community? We are all here coz this game is how it is right? With all its flaws... And to be honest, I cant see the point of working for years on trying to better the mechanics behind a game style like Ark, only to suddenly do something completely different. 

And DILO has Vin Diesel got to do with all this???? Is this some type of stepping stone to a film? I feel really lost after that buggy trailer. Fighting animations were extremely weak, looked like something done in Blender :)

And although I love Ark, if this is all true, I would bet its only a question of time before Ark starts to decay, seeing their poor ability to multitask various games at the same time.

All said and done, im on the fence with Ark 2. I got around 5500h ingame and Im not new to the game. So if its an Ark 2.0 im all in, if not, I dont think I will stick around much longer.

Can anyone shed any light on where the info about it being different comes from?

Cheers all, have a good one ;)

Well ARK started off as a great PVP game then over the years slowly devolved into a quasi PVE game especially with the last few DLCs which mostly catered for the PVE/Roleplayer/People that care about Lore audience. If ARK 2 did end up being some silly story based game with dinos and other monsters I wouldn't be surprised.

22 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well ARK started off as a great PVP game then over the years slowly devolved into a quasi PVE game especially with the last few DLCs which mostly catered for the PVE/Roleplayer/People that care about Lore audience. If ARK 2 did end up being some silly story based game with dinos and other monsters I wouldn't be surprised.

As much as I respect and value your opinion mate, WC themselves stated multiple times over the years that the vast majority of the playerbase is PvE. I can't blame them for following where the money goes...

15 hours ago, Darkholis said:

As much as I respect and value your opinion mate, WC themselves stated multiple times over the years that the vast majority of the playerbase is PvE. I can't blame them for following where the money goes...

Yes sadly you are right, there's probably a bigger PVE playerbase these days. One can only hope though they don't forget about their PVP players going forward.

Ark has rather a huge fanbase , that means that no matter how many people play PVE there will always be enough numbers playing PVP that WC will not ignore. The PVP community in ARK is very relevant and is most probably a bigger community than the whole communities in several other games. On Playstation there are 11 million people that own ark,that is without taking in consideration the PC and XBOX communities.

About ARK becoming more mmorpg , why would they change a formula that is very successful and addictive to play ? They luckily already stated that ARK will be a survival sandbox just like ARK . The only thing that needs to be changed to make ARK even more popular is making sure the game has a lot less glitches this time around.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Thats great for people at WC studios and volunteer mods that hold their water bottles at all costs, but we the players that actually spend hours and hours in game would appreciate if the new game works.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Thats great for people at WC studios and volunteer mods that hold their water bottles at all costs, but we the players that actually spend hours and hours in game would appreciate if the new game works.

I've spent over 5k hours in the game. I'm aware of it's pros and cons.

• 4 weeks later...

The storied experiences of Ark's main characters have had little to nothing to do with the actual game experience thus far. They really only serve as a vehicle to clue the player into content they have yet to experience. I mean the dossiers aren't even accurate. A new player can accrue hundreds of hours of play without even realizing that there is a storyline. There is no reason to expect any of that is going to change with Ark 2.

Look at the original trailer for the Ark we currently have. The first part of it is rather similar. A primitive tribe dealing with a rex. It's not until halfway through that it shows anything more than raptors and parasaurs as tames. Though the original trailer does show a bit of what progression looks like after that first half.  The difference is with that trailer everything about it was new, so they had to show off a bit of everything to give an idea. With the trailer for Ark 2, well most watching already know what ark is. So the goal would reasonably be to show off what's different or better about it. Like nipple shading.

Archived