Ark 2.0 or a Ark spin off?

Nephilim

Sup all, so, after having a few conversations with some mates, I see there is a lot of talk about Ark 2 being a diferent type of game, not a mmo survival type and more like some lineal story driven game like God Of War. My question is, why is that even a topic? Like, where is there any relevant information about why the gameplay core mechanics is going to be different?

If that's the case, would they not be basically killing of the entire community? We are all here coz this game is how it is right? With all its flaws... And to be honest, I cant see the point of working for years on trying to better the mechanics behind a game style like Ark, only to suddenly do something completely different. 

And DILO has Vin Diesel got to do with all this???? Is this some type of stepping stone to a film? I feel really lost after that buggy trailer. Fighting animations were extremely weak, looked like something done in Blender :)

And although I love Ark, if this is all true, I would bet its only a question of time before Ark starts to decay, seeing their poor ability to multitask various games at the same time.

All said and done, im on the fence with Ark 2. I got around 5500h ingame and Im not new to the game. So if its an Ark 2.0 im all in, if not, I dont think I will stick around much longer.

Can anyone shed any light on where the info about it being different comes from?

Cheers all, have a good one ;)

4 minutes ago, Noa said:

Sem that in Ark 2 except pararsaur  and raptor other creatures are not tamable according to trailer and animation part.

Entire tribe moved on foot so no flyer tames, no bigger tames for protection.

Or maybe WC filmed a group of noobs on their first day in Ark.

You honestly think they're going to showcase a bunch of people with weird shaped bodies and offensive names flying around on manas / wyverns and yelling sit skrub?

They want a cinematic show for the trailer. I thought that was obvious 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Well that is the purpose of trailers and teasers etc. They are a company looking to make money. Why shouldn't they ?

According to your definition of tipe of trailer they don't so that's a reason you thought is obvious that I'm wrong to believe that they should show in trailer how will be their product and not just some show not related to Ark 2.

And if you are right then we have ground breaking news aka no taming and no bereding in Ark 2.

• Volunteer Moderator
44 minutes ago, Noa said:

According to your definition of tipe of trailer they don't so that's a reason you thought is obvious that I'm wrong to believe that they should show in trailer how will be their product and not just some show not related to Ark 2.

And if you are right then we have ground breaking news aka no taming and no bereding in Ark 2.

As if they are going to show all the gameplay in a trailer.

97 minute trailers don't work out so well.

50 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

As if they are going to show all the gameplay in a trailer.

97 minute trailers don't work out so well.

So what we have seen?

Some kind of nomad tribe, no settlement, no base, no constructions.

No better tools then axe and spear, maybe a bow.

No taming except raptor and parasaur so no defense and no transportation.

If not tamed rex they could have at least dire wolf and pteranodon.

We see kids in trailer. No need 97 minutes to understand it.

Apart of suggesting mating between avatars no explanation how will they force players to take kid role and play. 

They show that tribe  as reactionary degraded rest of some civilization with no respect and without fear  to unknown but with strong needs  for vandalism.

(santiago on terminal nervous typing till he broke it and put light off)

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Noa said:

So what we have seen?

Some kind of nomad tribe, no settlement, no base, no constructions.

No better tools then axe and spear, maybe a bow.

No taming except raptor and parasaur so no defense and no transportation.

If not tamed rex they could have at least dire wolf and pteranodon.

We see kids in trailer. No need 97 minutes to understand it.

Apart of suggesting mating between avatars no explanation how will they force players to take kid role and play. 

They show that tribe  as reactionary degraded rest of some civilization with no respect and without fear  to unknown but with strong needs  for vandalism.

(santiago on terminal nervous typing till he broke it and put light off)

It's almost like, more trailers will come. Showing more game play. It's the hype train. 

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, Vahilor said:

As I did understand it the game will have a single player story driven campain, sadly with Vin Diesel as main protagonist, which will make me ditch it and a multiplayer sandbox part. I might be wrong here but that is how I interpret the trailer and some things written.

Why ditch it just because some actor is in it?

On 12/12/2020 at 7:41 AM, Nephilim said:

Sup all, so, after having a few conversations with some mates, I see there is a lot of talk about Ark 2 being a diferent type of game, not a mmo survival type and more like some lineal story driven game like God Of War. My question is, why is that even a topic? Like, where is there any relevant information about why the gameplay core mechanics is going to be different?

If that's the case, would they not be basically killing of the entire community? We are all here coz this game is how it is right? With all its flaws... And to be honest, I cant see the point of working for years on trying to better the mechanics behind a game style like Ark, only to suddenly do something completely different. 

And DILO has Vin Diesel got to do with all this???? Is this some type of stepping stone to a film? I feel really lost after that buggy trailer. Fighting animations were extremely weak, looked like something done in Blender :)

And although I love Ark, if this is all true, I would bet its only a question of time before Ark starts to decay, seeing their poor ability to multitask various games at the same time.

All said and done, im on the fence with Ark 2. I got around 5500h ingame and Im not new to the game. So if its an Ark 2.0 im all in, if not, I dont think I will stick around much longer.

Can anyone shed any light on where the info about it being different comes from?

Cheers all, have a good one ;)

THIS  ->   I would bet its only a question of time before Ark starts to decay, seeing their poor ability to multitask various games at the same time.   has already started to happen (hence why they needed to use vin diesels name to boost it again) It started to happen when Wildcard couldn't keep up with running ark AND Altas at the same time and reskinning ark for Atlas , and people really seeing how bad the support was for both games . If you think Ark 2 will be any better , look up the definition for the word insanity and you'll have your answer .

On 12/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, GP said:

Why ditch it just because some actor is in it?

Cause he will be the character I like most in the whole Ark franchise and he ruins that for me. I never was a big fan of Vin Diesel and having to deal with him ruins it for me. For me that is like playing Zelda and Link is impersoned by Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I know for some people that is not an issue, for me it is. I even don't watch movies with actors I don't like and seeing him in the trailer that looked for me like a 80th trash movie was like a punch in the face (animatiosn were bad, expressions looked wooden, etc.). 

Also I in general don't like to see faces of  popular actors in Video games, but that is only my opinion. 

I am pretty wary about what Ark 2 will be  and my expectations are not very high. At least I can be only suprised that way if it is not as bad, as I expect. 

8 hours ago, Vahilor said:

Cause he will be the character I like most in the whole Ark franchise and he ruins that for me. I never was a big fan of Vin Diesel and having to deal with him ruins it for me. For me that is like playing Zelda and Link is impersoned by Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I know for some people that is not an issue, for me it is. I even don't watch movies with actors I don't like and seeing him in the trailer that looked for me like a 80th trash movie was like a punch in the face (animatiosn were bad, expressions looked wooden, etc.). 

Also I in general don't like to see faces of  popular actors in Video games, but that is only my opinion. 

I am pretty wary about what Ark 2 will be  and my expectations are not very high. At least I can be only suprised that way if it is not as bad, as I expect. 

Pitch Black was an amazing movie. You're lucky I dont know where your base is...

I think deep down every Ark fan is hyped for Ark 2 , some will tell you that this means lack of dedication to fix the first Ark game but it has been clear for some time now that the code cant be fixed and this is the best way foward. People should be excited because if Ark 2 takes the good from Ark 1 and improves on it without having the bugs that the first game had than it would be more addictive than it already is. Ark has been popular enough for a sequel to be considered and progress cant be contained so we cant expect the devs to keep trying to fix a thousand holes in the first Ark when they can do something bigger and better. 

All they have to do is make ARK 2 a better ARK and not something different , it needs to stay as a multiplayer survival sandbox world on land and sea with building , crafting , breeding , pvp etc etc , the Ark that players love to play but with better visuals , better mechanics , less bugs etc etc. That is the recipe for success.

Archived