CamCam123

12 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

It appears that VD is really into Ark and got involved because he has put thousands of hours into it - seems more like a work of passion for him.

If that is the case, and as an acting producer and creative consultant, it might not be so much of a money issue.

Source:  https://www.thegamer.com/vin-diesel-ark-player-reported-bugs/  

Is it really a work of passion for him or is it simple marketing ? 

Stating he is really into ark and that he has "thousands" of hours in the game makes him look more competent for players at first but is he really ? Does he really have that much hours or is it again only a marketing thing or is the press exegerating ? All games he worked in are games to promote himself and the "main" character is allways portrait by himself, even in the movies he made (directed). 

If it would have been only cause of that, there are a lot more people out there that have way more hours and experience in Ark than VD and could give way better advice but they have no popular name, they are no "big" movie actors. 

And that he got hired hints strongly they asked him and paid a bunch of money to him and do monthly. They wanted his face for marketing as well , otherwise they also could have hired a less costly  "President of Creative Convergence" and used an unknown face/render for their trailer. 

On 2/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, Vahilor said:

Stating he is really into ark and that he has "thousands" of hours in the game makes him look more competent for players at first but is he really ? Does he really have that much hours or is it again only a marketing thing or is the press exegerating ? All games he worked in are games to promote himself and the "main" character is allways portrait by himself, even in the movies he made (directed). 

If it would have been only cause of that, there are a lot more people out there that have way more hours and experience in Ark than VD and could give way better advice but they have no popular name, they are no "big" movie actors. 

And that he got hired hints strongly they asked him and paid a bunch of money to him and do monthly. They wanted his face for marketing as well , otherwise they also could have hired a less costly  "President of Creative Convergence" and used an unknown face/render for their trailer. 

LOL you would really have to ask him and I doubt he'd bother hopping to discord, skype, or any medium to chat with us "commoners."   Us little people don't get to rub elbows with the stars, they are too busy and important. :P

On 2/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, maxplanck58 said:

It appears that VD is really into Ark and got involved because he has put thousands of hours into it - seems more like a work of passion for him.

If that is the case, and as an acting producer and creative consultant, it might not be so much of a money issue.

Source:  https://www.thegamer.com/vin-diesel-ark-player-reported-bugs/  

Never seen a clip of this Vin play ark. Show me he has thousands of hours and I believe him then. His word means nothing without proof. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, oneof said:

On you tube there are a lot of films trailers for who like trailers.

But for Ark 2 i would like to se in game  gameplay not prerendered ofc and using that unreal 5 engine to get at least minimal idea of game look, avatar look, movement animation and so on.

It's too early to get gameplay footage at this stage, that is likely a long way off. Also it isn't being built on UE5 yet anyway as UE5 isn't released yet.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Rio4201 said:

LOL you would really have to ask him and I doubt he'd bother hopping to discord, skype, or any medium to chat with us "commoners."   Us little people don't get to rub elbows with the stars, they are too busy and important. :P

I would ask him, if he would talk to us. Why not ? It actually would be a nice move to talk to the community but I as well doubt he ever will "hop" into discord or any medium to chat/write with us. I would be really suprised if that will ever happen ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Vahilor said:

I would ask him, if he would talk to us. Why not ? It actually would be a nice move to talk to the community but I as well doubt he ever will "hop" into discord or any medium to chat/write with us. I would be really suprised if that will ever happen ;)

What would it matter? Just another person playing Ark. He doesn’t know anything about the game that you and everyone playing it for years doesn’t already know. 

That's a good point Joe, there really isn't any need to ask him anything. If he is in fact an Ark player (which I still have my doubts on), he'd know almost exactly the same thing we do, and anything he does know additionally is under NDA and couldn't be discussed with us anyhow.  One thing I know for absolute sure is that the company has a tiered NDA structure, and it's an on-going thing.   This is why our community manager, product manager, and many others cannot divulge any information until the bean counters and people at the top decide they can.

10 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

That's a good point Joe, there really isn't any need to ask him anything. If he is in fact an Ark player (which I still have my doubts on), he'd know almost exactly the same thing we do, and anything he does know additionally is under NDA and couldn't be discussed with us anyhow.  One thing I know for absolute sure is that the company has a tiered NDA structure, and it's an on-going thing.   This is why our community manager, product manager, and many others cannot divulge any information until the bean counters and people at the top decide they can.

It was never about getting any information out of him (not from my side) only to ask and talk if he really is a player, how he enjoys it, what his most loved dino is, etc. Like you talk with any other normal Ark player. That would be a cool thing actually but I think that will never happen (which in some way is understandable cause it could cause a hype that could get annoying for him).

On 2/16/2021 at 1:15 AM, Vahilor said:

It was never about getting any information out of him (not from my side) only to ask and talk if he really is a player, how he enjoys it, what his most loved dino is, etc. Like you talk with any other normal Ark player. That would be a cool thing actually but I think that will never happen (which in some way is understandable cause it could cause a hype that could get annoying for him).

Yeah, it would be cool, it'd be cool if all the famous people probably playing Ark or other games would just come off it and be real with us commoners.  We're all gamers, and as gamers we should be able to talk to eachother regardless on if it's Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Samuel Jackson, or anyone else.  But this isn't a perfect world, look at what happened to Gina Carano for expressing her opinions on social media, these special snowflakes who demand their rights and freedoms squealed and whined until her first amendment rights were violated. Anyone in the public eye at this point is under close scrutiny and set up for an attack by the hypocritical mouth breathers out there.  So yeah, that's why Vin probably won't talk to us or any other big name, wouldn't want the social media pitchfork and torch holders to come after em.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 AM, GP said:

It's too early to get gameplay footage at this stage, that is likely a long way off. Also it isn't being built on UE5 yet anyway as UE5 isn't released yet.

Certain developers had early access and as of this month most others can start in the beta. Plus they will have the ability to transition from UE4 to UE5 when they feel it's time.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, Vahilor said:

Vin has always been a gamer.. Dungeons and Dragons as well as Ark. His name has been around the game well before they decided to make him a key player. I'm sure it's more of an honor for Vin.. But let's be realistic, marketing approach is something every company needs in order to improve their product/growth. Branding is everything.. So using Vin, a fellow gamer to help promote the game is a smart idea on their part and also an honor to Vin. Killed 2 birds with one stone. Chuck Norris did the same thing with WoW.. Which at first we also thought was stupid...Then it turned into something really comical. The trailer is clearly just a quick move on their part to add hype for those that follow the lore. Time was still put in to make the trailer... Instead of judging early, we should be excited that Ark 2 is even possibly going to be a thing. Years ago ark felt like it was going to end and now we have numerous expansions that a lot of us love today..  Wait for the game play trailer.. I'm excited to see what the team brings.

Happy taming to all. 

-Crash

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:43 AM, CamCam123 said:

Ok, as if 2020 could not get any worst the new trailer for ARK 2 was perhaps the biggest thrash I have ever seen in my life. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ARK just committed business suicide with the new unpolished trailer. 

Hear me out before you tell me I am crazy. As big a fan that I am of ark with over 5 years of my life spent on the game which would be equal to about 12k hours of game play. This trailer just made me quit ark as I saw the end of it. 

What that trailer meant for me:

1. Ark will be releasing an unpolished game yet again. 

2. Ark is trying to hide game development failures with big name like Vin "I am groot" Diesel.

3. Ark is not ready for next generation of PC gaming and even less new gen console.

4. I still saw the same problems in that trailer as I see in ark gameplay today.

The trailer is supposed to Hype the game and give you the best quality/parts the game can offer. All I saw from this trailer was:

Bad animations, Bad texture rendering, no new original content, no vision for Ark 2, and worst..."this is for my family" fast and furious  lame vibes. 

2020 got worst...and it just killed the Ark franchise. 

Anyone who is like, "that game looks good" I am sorry to tell you, "you have low standards of game quality".  

I understand you have 12k hours played, and feel forced to move to another world, where everybody, you, your friends, even your noob neighbourhood got to start from nothing with chance to get better result than you 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:37 PM, Rio4201 said:

Maybe he play in brunch time if he get paid to do so, if not I'm sure he can use his time better like record commercials, trailers and seeking  for job in new films.

Archived