INI Files

JTN

I was checking on Youtube different ways to improve ark performace then a video with name Ini file legal show up, I wanted to know if its true, is it legal? (I play Oficial PvE) and there's no advantages over players since pvp is disabled there, this video shows the ini file and you can see underwater, the files disable everything that  can cause lag I'd like to know that please :)

2 hours ago, JTN said:

I was checking on Youtube different ways to improve ark performace then a video with name Ini file legal show up, I wanted to know if its true, is it legal? (I play Oficial PvE) and there's no advantages over players since pvp is disabled there, this video shows the ini file and you can see underwater, the files disable everything that  can cause lag I'd like to know that please :)

Its legal yeah. Wildcard letting people change the INI is one of the worst decisions ever for the quality of pvp in the game. You can disable almost anything in the INI, really sad they let this one go.

I've been using that in pve for some time because my old 4th gen i5 was at 100% load all the time and with one of those consolecommands.ini file I was able to get it to 65% usage or so.

Now that my new ryzen 5900x arrived I'm back to nice graphics with only 15% cpu usage.

I dont think anyone is gonna be punished for using tweaked ini files, but I think at some point they may disable some of the tweaking options that give an advantage to pvp players.

51 minutes ago, arkark said:

I've been using that in pve for some time because my old 4th gen i5 was at 100% load all the time and with one of those consolecommands.ini file I was able to get it to 65% usage or so.

Now that my new ryzen 5900x arrived I'm back to nice graphics with only 15% cpu usage.

I dont think anyone is gonna be punished for using tweaked ini files, but I think at some point they may disable some of the tweaking options that give an advantage to pvp players.

If only it was just a slight advantage. No water, remove most trees, see all the way to bottom of ocean through everything, no beer effect or any blinds on character, no need to gamma ever, foilage is almost completely gone, fog is gone. Many more, but you get the point. Grats on upgrade.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, JTN said:

Whether you play PvE or PvP, removing key components is against the Code of Conduct on official servers. Do so at your own risks.

1 minute ago, Usuallyafk said:

If only it was just a slight advantage. No water, remove most trees, see all the way to bottom of ocean through everything, all blinds removed, no need to gamma ever, foilage is almost completely gone, fog is gone. Many more, but you get the point. Grats on upgrade.

Yeah while thats right I dont think it is really a game changer for pve. Water is probable the thing that gets and advantage, but at the same time water is barely used in ark and also the same clean effect can be obtained with the gas mask which is pretty easy to farm in gen missions.

I mean, if I have to choose playing with decent graphics and good fps or playing with that tweaks I prefer good graphics. 

Thx, my old i5 4670k from 2013 was really needing a replacement :P now Im trying to decide if I should buy a 3080 now (well, when the scalpers and miners allow me hehe) or wait some months for ti versions, cause my 1070 is performing good at 1440p with geforce experience recommended configuration.

27 minutes ago, arkark said:

Thx, my old i5 4670k from 2013 was really needing a replacement :P now Im trying to decide if I should buy a 3080 now (well, when the scalpers and miners allow me hehe) or wait some months for ti versions, cause my 1070 is performing good at 1440p with geforce experience recommended configuration.

2013! Damn lol. 1440p.... that's awesome,  hope you enjoy it 😀

Honestly if you use it on a PVE server to improve performance and aren't streaming or doing some sort of competition im sure it won't matter.

They could one day just ban people for it but as of right now the concensus seems to be its in a grey area. I would use sparingly and true for your purposes, without going too crazy for the 'cheaty' ones like the beer, plant effects etc. Just keep one eye lazily to the news every now and then. 

Archived