Orcs? In Ark?

thedrongoofark

It fits well to the lore. There are several options.

- They placed different species in the ARK to find which one is the best to survive...  in that case, maybe that you can choose your species at character creation (we can even imagine other species based on different era, like ET, cyborg etc... )

- They placed intelligent life inside the ARK to face against the survivors... Will we see Orcs NPC riding beast et building base/village ?

But what i actually find more weird than Orcs... Is Child... Are they in the trail just for the animated serie or will they be include in the game as NPC or playable character ?

To put it simply. They’re not on an Ark anymore, they’re on an entirely new planet and are attempting to colonize it.

Those raiders are not “orcs” and probably have nothing to do with the Ark system, The Genesis Protocol, or Rockwell.

They are probably just a sapient bipedal alien species that was native to this new world before the Genesis lifeboat arrived, and have not advanced in technology past the Stone Age.

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

To put it simply. They’re not on an Ark anymore, they’re on an entirely new planet and are attempting to colonize it.

Those raiders are not “orcs” and probably have nothing to do with the Ark system, The Genesis Protocol, or Rockwell.

They are probably just a sapient bipedal alien species that was native to this new world before the Genesis lifeboat arrived, and have not advanced in technology past the Stone Age.

You had me at sapient 

Ok I saw the new post, turns out they ARE on a different planet, so new bunch of questions. Just to remind you I am not trying to criticise the games choices I am genuinely curious on the lore. Ok so, if they are on an alien planet, how are there dinosaurs and how did Santiago manage to get there? didn't he die in extinction or something? I only assume he did because of Santiago's Grave but idk, you guys probably know it better than me.

6 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

Ok I saw the new post, turns out they ARE on a different planet, so new bunch of questions. Just to remind you I am not trying to criticise the games choices I am genuinely curious on the lore. Ok so, if they are on an alien planet, how are there dinosaurs and how did Santiago manage to get there? didn't he die in extinction or something? I only assume he did because of Santiago's Grave but idk, you guys probably know it better than me.

Well, Helena must've somehow been able to use the Genesis Protocol (whatever that truly is we'll probably find out in Genesis Part II) to bring him back. And likely the dinosaurs are there because the entire population of the lifeboat was released when it touched-down. Which included A LOT of dinosaurs. So we'll likely be seeing both dinosaurs and native alien creatures.

I feel bad for the orks. Look at those humans in the body paint working together protecting each other.

Obviously they are a bunch of role playing pve players from ark. 

Whatever will the orks do when is griefing pvpers show up? They would come across a group of us shooting each other for laughs. Grapple hooking our friends dragging each other. Tribe mates knocking each other out just so the toss their buddy in the water and watch him drown. 

And all the while the orks don’t realize their village is being destroyed by rockets being shot from under the mesh. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, thedrongoofark said:

1. The Dinos were a part of the Genesis-Ship. When it crashed there they were released into the alien ecosystem as intended.

2. Santiago either beamed himself into the Genesis Simulation/Genesis-Ship after escaping the Corrupted Dinosaurs, or was already present as a clone on the Ship.

3. While it was believed that he was laid to rest in Extinction, his death was never confirmed, as his body was never found. At this point in time, the most likely scenario is that he escaped the Corrupted Creatures and eventually made his way to Arat Prime where he entered Genesis. Again, it is also possible that he was cloned or was already a clone on the Ship. It is currently unknown.

12 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

3. While it was believed that he was laid to rest in Extinction, his death was never confirmed, as his body was never found. At this point in time, the most likely scenario is that he escaped the Corrupted Creatures and eventually made his way to Arat Prime where he entered Genesis. Again, it is also possible that he was cloned or was already a clone on the Ship. It is currently unknown.

His body was found by Diana and she burried him (She finds him dead in his Mek). She states that in one of her explorer notes in extinction. The Homo Deus Helena even feels sad for not beeing able to revive him. 

Hope that helps a bit.

9 hours ago, Vahilor said:

His body was found by Diana and she burried him (She finds him dead in his Mek). She states that in one of her explorer notes in extinction. The Homo Deus Helena even feels sad for not beeing able to revive him. 

Hope that helps a bit.

Untr-

..... This is quite the revalation. This shouldn't be possible... I've read the notes! All of them! Several times! Yet I miss something as trival as this!? ..... So yes, it seems as if Santiago has truly been killed on Extinction- though I could have sworn somewhere that a corpse was never found. Might be mixing up notes in my head. Specifically #29. Such an oversight on the Theory team's part, me included. Well then, this leaves one main possibility.

Santiago is a Survivor on the Colony Ship.

How this is possible is quite convoluted- two Santiagos in existence at the same time? What if it wasn't at the same time? Where do the memories go? Was he originally on there, or did Helena somehow manage to get him on there? Improbable. She couldn't revive him back on Extinction. Or did she? Was she apologizing for something else entirely? Will Santiago remember Aberration? Extinction? Where was he in the Simulation? Has he passed the Genesis Simulation before us? Possible, but unconfirmable as of now.

I need to tell the other Theorists. Maybe they can think of something. Kudos, I can't believe we overlooked this!

On 12/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, CyanicEmber said:

You've got it right on the head my friend.

The Genesis-Ship crashes onto this planet and life is unleashed (like the Reseed Protocol).

Just so happens, we aren't alone on the planet. There are blue/grey bipedal humanoid aliens who aren't so happy with the new visitors. Simple solution? Kill us. What they don't know is that we have FRICKING VIN DIESEL on our side. Err, I meant Santiago.

36 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Untr-

..... This is quite the revalation. This shouldn't be possible... I've read the notes! All of them! Several times! Yet I miss something as trival as this!? ..... So yes, it seems as if Santiago has truly been killed on Extinction- though I could have sworn somewhere that a corpse was never found. Might be mixing up notes in my head. Specifically #29. Such an oversight on the Theory team's part, me included. Well then, this leaves one main possibility.

Santiago is a Survivor on the Colony Ship.

How this is possible is quite convoluted- two Santiagos in existence at the same time? What if it wasn't at the same time? Where do the memories go? Was he originally on there, or did Helena somehow manage to get him on there? Improbable. She couldn't revive him back on Extinction. Or did she? Was she apologizing for something else entirely? Will Santiago remember Aberration? Extinction? Where was he in the Simulation? Has he passed the Genesis Simulation before us? Possible, but unconfirmable as of now.

I need to tell the other Theorists. Maybe they can think of something. Kudos, I can't believe we overlooked this!

Probably there was another clone of him on the ship and never really had anything to do with the Santiago that was on Abberration and Extinction and so only has the memories of his former live in the 24th century. This might be a posibillity too and at least would be something that would make sense in one Santiago beeing dead and another one beeing on that new planet.

59 minutes ago, Vahilor said:

Probably there was another clone of him on the ship and never really had anything to do with the Santiago that was on Abberration and Extinction and so only has the memories of his former live in the 24th century. This might be a posibillity too and at least would be something that would make sense in one Santiago beeing dead and another one beeing on that new planet.

It's a dilemma for sure.

9 hours ago, Thyme said:

He's probably just been brought back from the dead, like Diana was.

But that would somehow contradict with the explorer notes were it is strongly hinted that reviving Diana at that time was a lucky thing and the sadness of Helena also shows, she was not able with Santiago when Diana feels sad as well cause he could not be brought back like her.

I hope there will be some more original explanation cause simply "He was brought back like Diana.." would be a lazy and pretty boring reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought they're all clones who get the original consciousness downloaded as long as it doesn't get corrupted or faded while in the system. It's kind of a usual trope for TV series to kill off a character only to find a way to resurrect them, but the question is why wouldn't they just create a new character/back story for Vin D?

As for the 'Blue Orks' theories....well, the planet already featured what appeared to be long buried technology and ruins of human Tek, which to my mind says it's been perhaps colonised before. So, you could be even looking at a 'morlocks and eloi' evolution scenario when they crash/land on that planet...or...if Rockwell is involved( the great antagonist get defeated but never fully destroyed only to strike back), he may have created hybrid creatures from survivors...since he created the creatures in Aberration and also corrupted survivors, this could be his next step of evolution of his 'army'.

Frankly I'm surprised they didn't go for Lizardmen with all the evolution theories and of course dinos involved

On 2/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, KingOfAshes said:

I thought they're all clones who get the original consciousness downloaded as long as it doesn't get corrupted or faded while in the system. It's kind of a usual trope for TV series to kill off a character only to find a way to resurrect them, but the question is why wouldn't they just create a new character/back story for Vin D?

There were all clones but befor Helena became a home deus it was not able to resurect. So there is only one clone and when this clone died, the person was dead forever. 

Helena slowly invented the option people could return but as I understood, eas not able for all her former friends and tribe mates besides Diana (which was some lucky accident, she could not repeat at that time). 

I also don't understand, why they did not make VD in a totally new character from the Federation or a survivor that was on the Gen ship (with an new and unique back story).

Archived