Development Process Changes For Ark 2?

PertySlick

I am curious if there are going to be any major process changes behind the scenes for Ark 2 development and support?  I loved Ark and have spent a good amount of time playing it with friends and my kids.  I usually played private unofficial servers at first on Xbox One, but then I migrated to the Windows 10 version for better performance.  I had to quit at the beginning of this year due to the frustration of frequent and large updates (many of which caused more issues), frequent game breaking bugs, and terrible update parity scheduling leaving me/us unable to connect to servers.  I am legitimately curious if something is being done to mitigate or prevent these issues more effectively moving forward with Ark 2?

tbh at this point of the games development that is a loaded question i want to say it will be better by a huge margin but on the flip side they could make a huge steaming mess that is just unplayable / 2077 type bugs .... next gen is all good and well but only if the game is designed to run on them AND the servers they provide or its a huge unofficial game ... lol

10 hours ago, johnm81 said:

What worries me is that they didn’t show any increased experience or aptitude from ark development for atlas or dark and light. 

Is it misguided to hope they can / do for ark2?

Dont think it has anything to do with aptitude or experience. Its more about the foundations and you can only do so much with the modified engine and poopty netcode of ue4. Also dark and light is not made by wildcard.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, johnm81 said:

What worries me is that they didn’t show any increased experience or aptitude from ark development for atlas or dark and light. 

Is it misguided to hope they can / do for ark2?

Grapeshot Developed Dark And Light

They are Abandoning their new Project its called Atlas

Archived