What will you do differently in Ark 2?

Zarn

11 minutes ago, APOLO said:

I'd just wanted to see more stuff and news from ARK 2 but i presume they will take a time to do that. =/

Well .. i hope it takes the necessary time to do a good job. I Hope that game is optimized and bring more oportunities to tribes grow faster, not like the official's ARK 1 that is 1x (very slow). 

acccccctually its much quicker now tbh and imho better at the 2x rates of 'what was normal 1x'  and still better than the 10x unofficial because you cannot learn the game if everything is handed to you, I really hate games that just go here have it all easy and boom welcome to the end game now grind till the next add-on (wow springs to mind here) i prefer to actually play a game and get my teeth into it, after all its a survival game not a easy rail road mmo / SP story game etc etc

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:07 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

I honestly can't think of any area that I could improve on other then to not waste my cash on garbage DLC's.........

Maybe what you really meant is that you would have preferred that they fix the bugs in games rather than put out new DLCs but honestly the DLCs themselves were not bad in my opinion. Lets just hope that ARK 2 is free from game breaking bugs and glitches.

10 minutes ago, Wolverinee said:

Maybe what you really meant is that you would have preferred that they fix the bugs in games rather than put out new DLCs but honestly the DLCs themselves were not bad in my opinion. Lets just hope that ARK 2 is free from game breaking bugs and glitches.

SE was boring. An entire desert map. No thanks.

Abberation was awesome. So much different than the other maps and visually I loved it. The blue biome is the best looking biome out of any in Ark period imo.

Extinction... I mean do we even need to talk about this one. Ran terribly from day 1 and still does. Introduced the most game breaking creature into the series, the mana.

Gensis.... dont even know where to start. Terrible idea to have the biomes separated with an absolute horrid forced teleport mechanic to travel between them. Was completely broken from day 1.

Races that lag so insanely bad you cant even beat them not to mention the completely untested and unrealistic time constraints. 

Half the map is a no build zone because of the missions.

With all that moaning out of the way, I am pumped (maybe naively so) for gen 2. It looks amazing.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:10 AM, Wolverinee said:

Aberration was the only one that I really liked. The no flyer thing showed promise until they unveiled the Rock Drake..

23 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

SE was boring. An entire desert map. No thanks.

Abberation was awesome. So much different than the other maps and visually I loved it. The blue biome is the best looking biome out of any in Ark period imo.

Well Scorched Earth is Unique , its a desert biome , its all about tastes and playing styles , that is the beauty of having different maps. People will have their favorite maps of course because like the romans would say de gostibus non est disputandum. In my personal opinion i like the fact that maps have a dominant biome like a desert or tundra or forest etc and than maybe a particular map with all biomes on it Ragnarok style, my favourite maps are those with lots of nature on them.

2 minutes ago, Wolverinee said:

Well Scorched Earth is Unique , its a desert biome , its all about tastes and playing styles , that is the beauty of having different maps. People will have their favorite maps of course because like the romans would say de gostibus non est disputandum. In my personal opinion i like the fact that maps have a dominant biome like a desert or tundra or forest etc and than maybe a particular map with all biomes on it Ragnarok style, my favourite maps are those with lots of nature on them.

To each his own. Just my opinion but I thought SE was by far the most boring map. Miles and miles of empty sand. How fun. The caves were pretty cool though.

Easy.

Not buying this crap.

WildCard only cares about money. Not about their players or servers wich are played on. The past 5 years of events and thousands complaints are not hard to find on this forum.

Servers are crashing, duping on PvE, sending in tickets WITH PROOF people crash servers intentionally. Nothing.

Not a single GM comes and or even checks it out.

ARK2 is nothing more then the next cashgrab from this illuster company.

CoC, ye right.

1 minute ago, St1ckyBandit said:

To each his own. Just my opinion but I thought SE was by far the most boring map. Miles and miles of empty sand. How fun. The caves were pretty cool though.

I was always under the impression that Scorched Earth needed some other additions to be finished , in my opinion its still a cool map because its actually different , with today s tech and new consoles and the lessons WC learned from the first ARK they could do a much better desert map in the future , actually any biome will be a better version than that on the first ARK.

5 minutes ago, NuFu said:

Easy.

Not buying this crap.

WildCard only cares about money. Not about their players or servers wich are played on. The past 5 years of events and thousands complaints are not hard to find on this forum.

Servers are crashing, duping on PvE, sending in tickets WITH PROOF people crash servers intentionally. Nothing.

Not a single GM comes and or even checks it out.

ARK2 is nothing more then the next cashgrab from this illuster company.

CoC, ye right.

If the story repeats itself on ARK 2 than your reasoning is justifiable but lets see what happens first , they know the problems in the game engine that plagued ARK and couldnt be fixed no matter how many complains but this time around they know beforehand what they need to fix and also they now know how popular ARK is and the importance of it being free of glitches as much as possible.

I sometimes think that the devs never thought ARK would become so big and popular when they first launched it in early access back in 2015. A lot of lessons must have been learned. They made mistakes but they are the same team that came up with great ideas too that made this game so addictive to play, so i think some optimism is needed too.

1 hour ago, Wolverinee said:

If the story repeats itself on ARK 2 than your reasoning is justifiable but lets see what happens first , they know the problems in the game engine that plagued ARK and couldnt be fixed no matter how many complains but this time around they know beforehand what they need to fix and also they now know how popular ARK is and the importance of it being free of glitches as much as possible.

I sometimes think that the devs never thought ARK would become so big and popular when they first launched it in early access back in 2015. A lot of lessons must have been learned. They made mistakes but they are the same team that came up with great ideas too that made this game so addictive to play, so i think some optimism is needed too.

ARK/PixArk/Day and .../ATLAS, need more convincing?

and don't think it's devs, look above their paygrade ;)

On 1/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, NuFu said:

ARK/PixArk/Day and .../ATLAS, need more convincing?

and don't think it's devs, look above their paygrade ;)

Atlas is a different kind of problem , it lacks the man power to develop it properly , It was an experimental opportunity which may or may not give results at the end but ARK s problem in reality is its game engine , i never played PixArk so i cant talk about it , what i know is that i think WC has the common sense to take all the good from ARK and ATLAS use it in ARK2 while launching a more polished product , its almost common sense , im expecting them to deliver this time around but i will not be negative about it without having more info , all we have seen is a trailer that had its positives and negatives but if you ask me in general it was a good trailer that managed to hype the ARK fanbase.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Extinction... I mean do we even need to talk about this one. Ran terribly from day 1 and still does. Introduced the most game breaking creature into the series, the mana.

Gensis.... dont even know where to start. Terrible idea to have the biomes separated with an absolute horrid forced teleport mechanic to travel between them. Was completely broken from day 1.

Just as a counter-weight to what you are saying, I thoroughly disagree with these two. Extinction is my favorite and also main map. And Genesis is pretty good too, imo. Not my favorite, definitely a different flavor of Ark. When you say "was completely broken from day 1" that's a pretty broad and bold statement. You should weight your words more carefully. What you mean to say is something like "I totally didn't get with that map from the first moment, and still can't find any enjoyment from it." If you wanted your feedback to be constructive and useful for anyone reading it, you could add something like "because reasons such as such-and-such". But to just say it was "broken from day 1". Very dubious way to come off about something that's, at best, a highly contested issue.

Archived