Why can't we build in most small rat holes?

KRONOSDOUBLE

I know its been this way for a while, but I never understood it. For example, in some caves or locations, it's not possible to build structures. Like the small little crystal cave in highlands on Ragnarok

I don't understand the purpose of the game being this way. It seems more like it favors large tribes because small tribes can't build in small hidden spots, which forces them to build in the open where they can be more easily wiped

1 minute ago, carbonark said:

Generally the reason you can't build in those areas is because we aren't really meant to even be there. There are ways to build in some locations that you can't place foundations though...

yeah this. 

creates unfair advantage. Imagine just slamming down a single behemoth gate to cover the only entrance. 

Not sure of the reasons behind it but Ark does favor larger organized tribes. I for one would love to see more defensive build locations. I think Ark in its current state really is more of a mega/large tribe game.  I also don't think thats a bad thing.  Ark in its current state reminds me of Eve  online or Shadowbane ( long gone mmo).

Stopped trying to understand Wildcards logic long ago. Oasis cave on on the center and north snow cave both nearly unraidable. Oasis cave you have to crouch to get in and a massive base can be built inside. Yet small ratholes where hardly any turrets can fit, are not able to build in. Makes literally no sense. They cater to huge tribes that endlessly dupe/exploit in near unraidable base locations.

Archived