Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, GP said:

An updated engine can still be considered a new engine compared to the previous engine.

Stop having a hissy fit over something so trivial.

No, that's BS to cultivate hype. Jeez, even Epic uses the term updated on their own website.

4 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Many big companies are currently working with Unreal Engine 5. Not saying this is the case, but it could be. Microsoft is working with Wildcard to do Ark II.

Sources? Not according to Epic, since the engine is not even available in a pre-release version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May have killed the game for me. Announcing a new game before releasing content kills all hype for gen 2. Why even bother with gen 2 if it's worthless after a few months. Should have fixed the first g

Well I don't complain I completely love ARk 10k hours in and Im not done yet. I got a really big value for my 25 Euros I paid all those years ago.

I hope character creator in ARK 2 will be way better. I don't want to see player characters like this 🤣

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Well if you want to blame someone for something so trivial blame Ced as he used the term "newer" not "updated".

 

I saw all the tweets and yes he wrote it. We both know if he wrote "updated" instead of "newer", the poopstorm would have raged immediately.

I'm still looking for WC's position in regard to mods, since they went radio-silent on that one...

Link to post
Share on other sites

iam excited for ark 2, sadly, because iam affraid of what is comming over us xD

i love ark, but i am all in for  doing it again but this time right, and i hope thats what they aiming for.

 

the trailer..meh, i got 13k h pve and the trailer doesnt speak to me at all, besides the rex and the new flappy ptera i want to tame and breed the poop out.

you got it wc? tame and breed - a bit of mixed in story (but not in your face) building bases, finding friends to so share and work together with, exproring and fighting the wilds, thats ark for me and the reason i play it for so god damn long 

 

i really wish for ark 2 to be the same just better. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valkyrie0815 said:

iam excited for ark 2, sadly, because iam affraid of what is comming over us xD

i love ark, but i am all in for  doing it again but this time right, and i hope thats what they aiming for.

 

the trailer..meh, i got 13k h pve and the trailer doesnt speak to me at all, besides the rex and the new flappy ptera i want to tame and breed the poop out.

you got it wc? tame and breed - a bit of mixed in story (but not in your face) building bases, finding friends to so share and work together with, exproring and fighting the wilds, thats ark for me and the reason i play it for so god damn long 

 

i really wish for ark 2 to be the same just better. 

Yeah i 100% agree im excited for ark 2 just hope it dosent remove core elements of the game oh yeah and would also love if i could transfer all my mutated creations from ark 1 to 2 lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Ark is still alive to this day in big part due to its massive modding community. The game would have died long ago without it.

Classics like Everquest are still running strong after 20+ years and shows no sign of dying.

Everquest is running strong? The only thing that is making them any money is the TLC servers they put out. They get a bunch of people at the start and then those people fade. As for the strong part, that is relative. Its not strong in relation to what WoW pulls in nor what EQ pulled in 20 years ago in its prime before the mass exodus to Warcraft. Furthermore, the players are in limbo on when the owners will take the money and run. Thats not showing no signs of dying, the players fully expect their russian overlords to skip out at any time (again).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moonie1 said:

Everquest is running strong? The only thing that is making them any money is the TLC servers they put out. They get a bunch of people at the start and then those people fade. As for the strong part, that is relative. Its not strong in relation to what WoW pulls in nor what EQ pulled in 20 years ago in its prime before the mass exodus to Warcraft. Furthermore, the players are in limbo on when the owners will take the money and run. Thats not showing no signs of dying, the players fully expect their russian overlords to skip out at any time (again).

C'mon, the online gaming industry wouldn't be the same without EQ's massive contribution. Yes its glory days are long behind but nope, the game is far from being dead. In fact, it's dwindling playerbase is still vastly superior to anything Ark could dream off.

As for WoW, this game and the studio behind it is nothing short of an heresy. They heavily poached employees from Verrant/SOE over the years and outright ripped countless ideas, creatures & mechanics from EQ as well.

I do agree that since SOE gave up on the franchise, it went downhill quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not saying EQ didnt have its place in history. I agree 100% it did. Before EQ I played a overpriced 2d game for years and years. Getting into the EQ beta and letting everyone I played with use my account pulled our entire guild and more from that 2d game as we saw the future of gaming in EQ. We played EQ until once again getting into the beta for Warcraft and seeing the next step in the evolution of gaming. I played WoW for 10+ straight years until I found Ark. I havent played WoW since.

I love playing Ark, but the direction they went with Mario World/Genesis left me very disappointed with it. Luckily the modded maps keep flowing, if slowly and very rarely ever finished, and I can subsist off of that.

Its laughable that they are introducting Ark 2 while never bothering to even acknowledge much less fix years-old bugs in the first Ark. We are treated like a bunch of monkeys easily distracted and everytime they are cornered on a bug they just flash some new shiny object to divert our attention. Even knowing that, I still play. Gotta have my crack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darkholis said:

It's impossible to be on UE5, since it's not even out yet. Heck, AAA studios like Ubisoft don't even have it yet, so I doubt a small entity like WC/Snail Game would.

*ponders* last I looked we were at 4.26? So unless the Studio has their hand's on 5, it won't be that significant of a change. hrmm.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark 2 will be exclusive to Pc and Xbox only, did yall get bought out by Microsoft?  Whatever stupid idea would have been fine if Ark was originally exclusive to those two systems, like how God of War or Ratchet and Clank or Halo were always exclusive but to make your first game inclusive then exclude all your fans.   I hope that this is the final nail in your coffin just go bankrupt already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Ark 2 will be exclusive to Pc and Xbox only, did yall get bought out by Microsoft?  Whatever stupid idea would have been fine if Ark was originally exclusive to those two systems, like how God of War or Ratchet and Clank or Halo were always exclusive but to make your first game inclusive then exclude all your fans.   I hope that this is the final nail in your coffin just go bankrupt already.

You mean like Sony did with Call of Duty 3, Final Fantasy X, Spiderman, etc.?

Hope you don't have a Play Station, it would be contradictory with your opinion.

Edited by Cucharon
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I think they should announce whether the game is coming out on the PS4/5 or not, to calm down everyone going on about it.

Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼‍♂️💚U en Twitter: "We are excited to be working with the Studios Wildcard team on bringing ARK II staring Vin Diesel exclusively to Xbox Series X|S consoles." / Twitter

Cedric "CeddyBear" en Twitter: "Heads up: I'm seeing some confusion on this. ARK 2 will be launching on PC and exclusively on Xbox. Looking forward to sharing more info in due time. ❤" / Twitter

This are the official announces.

In my opinion it is clear that it will be just for Windows, Xbox and  xCloud. Basically Microsoft platforms since Microsoft is working with Wildcard.

Edited by Cucharon
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Cucharon said:

What he means is clarification of whether exclusive means when it first releases it will only be on Xbox, or whether it will never come to Playstation.

Like Ark released early access on Xbox long before PS4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GP said:

What he means is clarification of whether exclusive means when it first releases it will only be on Xbox, or whether it will never come to Playstation.

Like Ark released early access on Xbox long before PS4.

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

Ditching the PS side of the community seems a little harsh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

Ditching the PS side of the community seems a little harsh.

I think it needs some clarification. We also don't know what PC means, whether it is Steam or Windows 10 only.

If they stick to Win 10 and Xbox it will be fully crossplay.

But I think the PS players need some clarification on the "exclusive" bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

Ditching the PS side of the community seems a little harsh.

I understand normal PS owners that would love to play Ark.

But then there are the "non-normals." It is embarrassing how many rats are calling for Wildcard to go bankrupt, for a boycott, etc. due to an exclusive... owning they a Play Station! How can you be so hypocritical? Lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

Ditching the PS side of the community seems a little harsh.

They haven’t said whether it’s a timed exclusive or not. Two very different things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GP said:

I think it needs some clarification. We also don't know what PC means, whether it is Steam or Windows 10 only.

If they stick to Win 10 and Xbox it will be fully crossplay.

But I think the PS players need some clarification on the "exclusive" bit.

I didn't even think about that. I would assume that they'd go for the Win 10 for the sake of crossplay, since people want that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

I understand normal PS owners that would love to play Ark.

But then there are the "non-normals." It is embarrassing how many rats are calling for Wildcard to go bankrupt, for a boycott, etc. due to an exclusive... owning they a Play Station! How can you be so hypocritical? Lol

 

Heat of the moment, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...