ARK 2!!

Bigchingus7890

I wonder how maps will work. In Atlas all servers were connected in a way that players didn't had to teleport like in Ark, just navigate.

The end of Extinction was basically all the arks returning to the earth, so we should be able to walk from one to another.

But is also true that in the trailer they are not in the Earth. 😐

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope that they at least optimize and reduce significantly the FPS lag before doing so. In console, the game even maintain itself in 780p with at least 30+ FPS, now just imagine in the 4K new consoles... what did they make? a nuclear bomb? that is realy "a fear evolved game" kk

They should name ARK to ARK lag evolved 2. 

I get sad that the Dev's is not doing anything about optimization, lag reduce and huge bug fixes just creating more broken stuff. 

PS: It is MY opnion but if the dev's want to ban me for telling the true, go ahead, ban me. 

I don't understand guys why are you so happy if in the end nothing will change, this "ARK 2" it's just a marketing stuff. 

15 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

One, there was a GAME trailer, and two, the series will likely have tons of amazing lore and be fun to watch, I mean how is it not amazing to watch a parasar smash a raptors head against a rock? 

ok it was late BUT people are getting hyped up over NON gameplay footage made into a cinematic video which was clunky and slow at best - YES it used in game assets BUT again no gameplay footage no big bases, no tribe members all doing their own thing at once therefore i am not getting hyped over non realistic gameplay its that simple .. the animated series should be cool though :) granted it will be a long advert break for the tame to work :P

11 minutes ago, APOLO said:

I just hope that they at least optimize and reduce significantly the FPS lag before doing so. In console, the game even maintain itself in 780p with at least 30+ FPS, now just imagine in the 4K new consoles... what did they make? a nuclear bomb? that is realy "a fear evolved game" kk

They should name ARK to ARK lag evolved 2. 

I get sad that the Dev's is not doing anything about optimization, lag reduce and huge bug fixes just creating more broken stuff. 

PS: It is MY opnion but if the dev's want to ban me for telling the true, go ahead, ban me. 

I don't understand guys why are you so happy if in the end nothing will change, this "ARK 2" it's just a marketing stuff. 

Years ago I discovered that the game was so bad programed that creature names were droping 10fps.

And no, I am not talking about rendering creature names, hidding them with the key didn't change fps, but disabling them from settings increased around 10fps the game (probably disabling them from settings were just stoping the process of gathering before showing them). Which means that just READ the names from the creatures were droping fps. 

Also I remember the blueprint of the sap thing. I opened it and It was extremly bad programed to the point that it wouldn't start generating sap until your open at least one time. So basically you could put in a tree, return after 5 months, and it would have generated 0.

I don't know if this things still happen since I stoped playing years ago.

That's why I always asked for a well programed Ark 2 made from zero. And they are doing.

Wildcard, I hope you hired good programers for Ark 2 and take all the time you need to make the core. A bugged Ark 2 will means no one will trust in you anymore.

1 hour ago, Drooling said:

lul i called it and even got a warning for calling it, ark 2 got announced and everyone's crying over "not having fixed ark 1 first". ark 1 LITERALLY isn't fixable it's stuck on some old trash unreal engine they can't fix the problems ark has, so thank god ark 2 is on a new engine, it means they'll be able to fix all the bugs that plagued the first game

rubbish im afraid ARK broke the engine not the engine was bad .... it was simply coded incredibly weird and bad, due to the fact it was their first real game of this size and scope and their first time working with UE2 / UE2.5 been here since alpha following way before that get your facts right before trying to burn yourself :)

5 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Years ago I discovered that the game was so bad programed that creature names were droping 10fps the game.

And no, I am not talking about rendering creature names, hidding them with the key didn't change fps, but removing them from settings increased around 10fps the game. Which means that just READ the names from the creatures were droping fps. 

Also I remember the blueprint of the sap thing. It was extremly bad programed to the point that  it wouldn't start generating sap until your open at least one time. So basically you could put in a tree, return after 5 months, and it would have generated 0.

I don't know if this things still happen since I stoped playing years ago, but seriously, they were insane. 

That's why I always asked for a well programed Ark 2 made from zero. And they are doing so... please Wildcard, hire good programers please.

the tap sap bug .. tbh i never stopped opening them after installing cause of that bug so i really dont know if it still exists lol

If we go by sheer speculation, Wildcard is working on an integrated engine with Unreal Engine and their own custom MMO code architecture, then I think the maps are probably not going to be released in the same fashion. I'd imagine, they'll be creating a level streaming algorithm and putting together seamless maps to keep to the idea of an open world environment.  In some ways I like the idea, in some ways I don't.  The mappers/modders in the Ark community are fantastic, passionate and dedicated to making Ark a better place, and to see them dis-included is a bit disheartening.  Most of this is pure speculation at this point however, really without information we're all drawing straws on what to expect. 

5 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

rubbish im afraid ARK broke the engine not the engine was bad .... it was simply coded incredibly weird and bad, due to the fact it was their first real game of this size and scope and their first time working with UE2 / UE2.5 been here since alpha following way before that get your facts right before trying to burn yourself :)

Game design revolves around a very complicated and well thought out initial design.  That's the biggest pitfall for anyone in development, you may design the game with the vision you originally have, but as technology, player demands, and new ideas emerge, it's easy to look at your project and realize that these things you want to add later aren't possible without a complete tear down of the original game and re-design.  Unfortunately, it's 99.9% probable that this was the case with Ark 1.  The Unreal Engine itself isn't to blame for the woes of Ark 1, if anything is to blame, it's lack of ESP and Premonitions by the original design team lol.  Unfortunately, Wildcard isn't the only game studio who has had this issue, they all have.  WoW wasn't designed and immediately put into development, there were dozens of back to the drawing board moments. 

In this chat I'm referring to PC ARK "issues"

I Know this is kind of a stupid question but I really wanna know something about the two, for starters Ark vs. Ark 2. I'm guessing the game will be another standalone so a ARK game and ARK 2 game? Also, seeing the current standing for Ark, It's low pop across servers and even on modded / Unofficial servers. So if you're not combining Ark and Ark 2, How will this be resolved? I loved the game during its prime days when I could go to every sever and have minimum 50-70 players roaming the ARK but it slowly vanished as the years passed and I'm barely able to find servers with 10 minimum. Is there a chance that Ark and Ark 2 is the same game but, Ark 2 is just a major overhaul of ARK with tons of new stuff being introduced and old issues being fixed like Meshing, lag, etc. with a clean wipe on "All Official Servers"  and lowering the servers to like 10-20 to have players play on and have them enjoy a server filled with lots of players rather than the few 20 - 15 players on them out of 100ish unused slots with 100+ servers. Sorry for how its layed out the way i get my information across is very weird. Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, APOLO said:

Yes, mainly the broken stuff, bugs and lag's that the dev's didn't even solved from the first one. Now, just imagine the number 2.

I choose to remain hesitantly optimistic, I mean do we really know for certain it's going to be a repeat of the original? That's highly doubtful, their Devs are more experienced, if you've been paying attention to the patch notes, they've been consistently improving upon issues in the old game to a point that has me thinking they've acquired some new talent.  Any Dev team out there will tell you the same thing I am, and that's simply that you can't learn if you don't make mistakes to learn from, if anything I'd say Ark 2 is going to be far more polished and much improved. Logically, that's how human evolution works. 

51 minutes ago, APOLO said:

Yes, mainly the broken stuff, bugs and lag's that the dev's didn't even solved from the first one. Now, just imagine the number 2.

Devs know how to solve it. This bugs that can't be repaired from Ark like undermesh raiding come from the core, to fix them they must start a new game, which is, Ark 2.

Hope this time they will do a good base, after that, all the bugs can be repaired. The problem comes when your base is poorly programed like Ark 1 was.

They started being a small company. Now they are not. Let's give them a try. Be positive.

I don´t wan´t There to be an Ark 2 

Well cuz when Ark 2 comes out in 2022 and when it does there will most likely be barely anyone playing Ark 1 .

Since i Love ark not Ark 2 i would like to play with online people, but we may not be able to cuz OF THE STUPID ARK 2.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, Rio4201 said:

Game design revolves around a very complicated and well thought out initial design.  That's the biggest pitfall for anyone in development, you may design the game with the vision you originally have, but as technology, player demands, and new ideas emerge, it's easy to look at your project and realize that these things you want to add later aren't possible without a complete tear down of the original game and re-design.  Unfortunately, it's 99.9% probable that this was the case with Ark 1.  The Unreal Engine itself isn't to blame for the woes of Ark 1, if anything is to blame, it's lack of ESP and Premonitions by the original design team lol.  Unfortunately, Wildcard isn't the only game studio who has had this issue, they all have.  WoW wasn't designed and immediately put into development, there were dozens of back to the drawing board moments. 

bit of both add the fact they changed dev team part way through that didnt help either .... also they did not know how to work with the UE engine

4 hours ago, Cucharon said:

You mean like Sony did with Call of Duty 3, Final Fantasy X, Spiderman, etc.?

Hope you don't have a Play Station, it would be contradictory with your opinion.

COD 3 released 2006 for Xbox, Xbox 360,Ps2 and Ps3 so not a Sony exclusive.  Spiderman is owned by Sony not Marvel and was an exclusive release for Sony that was never on another system. As for FFx no idea why it never came on PC, Nintendo and Square had issues with each other and the original Xbox had only been out for what a week or two and nobody trusted them yet.  So no my opinion is not contradictory if a game was always an exclusive then who cares.

1 hour ago, ThePryBar said:

COD 3 released 2006 for Xbox, Xbox 360,Ps2 and Ps3 so not a Sony exclusive.  Spiderman is owned by Sony not Marvel and was an exclusive release for Sony that was never on another system. As for FFx no idea why it never came on PC, Nintendo and Square had issues with each other and the original Xbox had only been out for what a week or two and nobody trusted them yet.  So no my opinion is not contradictory if a game was always an exclusive then who cares.

COD 3 was console eclusive, Ark 2 is exclusive from Windows, Xbox and in phones with xCloud. More variety than Cod 3.

But anyways, Final Fantasy was in PC and Play Station, suddenly Sony decides to remove it from PC and you say "who cares". Ohhhh, you know? Who cares about Ark not being released in Play Station?

Also, Spiderman was never on another system?

Spider-Man in video games - Wikipedia

Overview of Spider-Man video games
Title Release Platforms Developer Publisher
Spider-Man 1982 Atari 2600 Atari Parker Brothers
Questprobe: Spider-Man 1984 Amstrad CPC, Apple II, C-64, C-16, Atari 8-bit, ZX Spectrum, PC Adventure Int. Adventure Int.
The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America in Dr. Doom's Revenge! 1989 MS-DOS, Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, C-64 Paragon Medallist
The Revenge of Shinobi Genesis, Mega-CD Sega Sega
The Amazing Spider-Man 1990 Amiga, MS-DOS, C-64, Atari ST Oxford D.E. Paragon
The Amazing Spider-Man Game Boy Rare LJN/Nintendo
Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, Game Gear, Sega CD Technopop Sega
The Punisher: The Ultimate Payback! 1991 Game Boy Krome Studios Melbourne Acclaim Entertainment
Spider-Man: The Video Game Arcade Sega Sega
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 1992 Game Boy Bits Studios LJN
Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six NES, Master System, Game Gear LJN/Flying Edge
Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy Software Creations
The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Invasion of the Spider-Slayers 1993 Game Boy Bits Studios LJN
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage 1994 SNES, Genesis Software Creations
The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes 1995 SNES Argent, Epoch Co., Ltd. Epoch Co., Ltd.
Venom/Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety SNES, Genesis Software Creations Acclaim Entertainment
Spider-Man: The Animated Series Western Technologies LJN/Acclaim Entertainment
The Amazing Spider-Man: Web of Fire 1996 Sega 32X BlueSky Software Sega
Spider-Man 2000 PlayStation, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Microsoft Windows Neversoft / Vicarious Visions (GBC) / Edge of Reality (N64) / Treyarch (DC) / LTI Gray Matter (PC)

I won't answer you anymore. You don't deserve my time.

First off I hate exclusivity. It does not give me any pleasure to know I can play something before other people. It just feels like I dodged a bullet more than anything. 

If this launch exclusivity is like 3-4 months it will be soul crushing and kill all hype I have for ark 2. Waiting til 2022 or even late 2021 is long enough without an extra few months thrown in.

Now for the hype itself....meh. Trailer was pretty boring honestly. Really didnt see anything uniquely Ark in it nor did it bring anything new to the table besides the orge NPCs.

You could have told me I was watching a trailer for a generic prehistoric game called Dino Hero and I would believe you.

Conversely the animated trailer was awesome and had many Ark signature features like riding dinos and flak armor. Much more excited for it than Ark 2 at this point.

I think people crying out against Ark 2 because it'll mean the end of Ark 1 need a bit of a reality check. Ark 1 came out in 2015. Its been alive for over 5 years already with one more major DLC to come. Thats a longer life cycle than most multiplayer games. It will certainly be due time for a sequel  by 2022.

Archived