ARK 2!!

Bigchingus7890

iam excited for ark 2, sadly, because iam affraid of what is comming over us xD

i love ark, but i am all in for  doing it again but this time right, and i hope thats what they aiming for.

the trailer..meh, i got 13k h pve and the trailer doesnt speak to me at all, besides the rex and the new flappy ptera i want to tame and breed the poop out.

you got it wc? tame and breed - a bit of mixed in story (but not in your face) building bases, finding friends to so share and work together with, exproring and fighting the wilds, thats ark for me and the reason i play it for so god damn long 

i really wish for ark 2 to be the same just better. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Valkyrie0815 said:

iam excited for ark 2, sadly, because iam affraid of what is comming over us xD

i love ark, but i am all in for  doing it again but this time right, and i hope thats what they aiming for.

the trailer..meh, i got 13k h pve and the trailer doesnt speak to me at all, besides the rex and the new flappy ptera i want to tame and breed the poop out.

you got it wc? tame and breed - a bit of mixed in story (but not in your face) building bases, finding friends to so share and work together with, exproring and fighting the wilds, thats ark for me and the reason i play it for so god damn long 

i really wish for ark 2 to be the same just better. 

Yeah i 100% agree im excited for ark 2 just hope it dosent remove core elements of the game oh yeah and would also love if i could transfer all my mutated creations from ark 1 to 2 lol

13 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Ark is still alive to this day in big part due to its massive modding community. The game would have died long ago without it.

Classics like Everquest are still running strong after 20+ years and shows no sign of dying.

Everquest is running strong? The only thing that is making them any money is the TLC servers they put out. They get a bunch of people at the start and then those people fade. As for the strong part, that is relative. Its not strong in relation to what WoW pulls in nor what EQ pulled in 20 years ago in its prime before the mass exodus to Warcraft. Furthermore, the players are in limbo on when the owners will take the money and run. Thats not showing no signs of dying, the players fully expect their russian overlords to skip out at any time (again).

Just now, Moonie1 said:

Everquest is running strong? The only thing that is making them any money is the TLC servers they put out. They get a bunch of people at the start and then those people fade. As for the strong part, that is relative. Its not strong in relation to what WoW pulls in nor what EQ pulled in 20 years ago in its prime before the mass exodus to Warcraft. Furthermore, the players are in limbo on when the owners will take the money and run. Thats not showing no signs of dying, the players fully expect their russian overlords to skip out at any time (again).

C'mon, the online gaming industry wouldn't be the same without EQ's massive contribution. Yes its glory days are long behind but nope, the game is far from being dead. In fact, it's dwindling playerbase is still vastly superior to anything Ark could dream off.

As for WoW, this game and the studio behind it is nothing short of an heresy. They heavily poached employees from Verrant/SOE over the years and outright ripped countless ideas, creatures & mechanics from EQ as well.

I do agree that since SOE gave up on the franchise, it went downhill quickly.

I am not saying EQ didnt have its place in history. I agree 100% it did. Before EQ I played a overpriced 2d game for years and years. Getting into the EQ beta and letting everyone I played with use my account pulled our entire guild and more from that 2d game as we saw the future of gaming in EQ. We played EQ until once again getting into the beta for Warcraft and seeing the next step in the evolution of gaming. I played WoW for 10+ straight years until I found Ark. I havent played WoW since.

I love playing Ark, but the direction they went with Mario World/Genesis left me very disappointed with it. Luckily the modded maps keep flowing, if slowly and very rarely ever finished, and I can subsist off of that.

Its laughable that they are introducting Ark 2 while never bothering to even acknowledge much less fix years-old bugs in the first Ark. We are treated like a bunch of monkeys easily distracted and everytime they are cornered on a bug they just flash some new shiny object to divert our attention. Even knowing that, I still play. Gotta have my crack.

12 hours ago, Darkholis said:

It's impossible to be on UE5, since it's not even out yet. Heck, AAA studios like Ubisoft don't even have it yet, so I doubt a small entity like WC/Snail Game would.

*ponders* last I looked we were at 4.26? So unless the Studio has their hand's on 5, it won't be that significant of a change. hrmm.

Ark 2 will be exclusive to Pc and Xbox only, did yall get bought out by Microsoft?  Whatever stupid idea would have been fine if Ark was originally exclusive to those two systems, like how God of War or Ratchet and Clank or Halo were always exclusive but to make your first game inclusive then exclude all your fans.   I hope that this is the final nail in your coffin just go bankrupt already.

3 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Ark 2 will be exclusive to Pc and Xbox only, did yall get bought out by Microsoft?  Whatever stupid idea would have been fine if Ark was originally exclusive to those two systems, like how God of War or Ratchet and Clank or Halo were always exclusive but to make your first game inclusive then exclude all your fans.   I hope that this is the final nail in your coffin just go bankrupt already.

You mean like Sony did with Call of Duty 3, Final Fantasy X, Spiderman, etc.?

Hope you don't have a Play Station, it would be contradictory with your opinion.

5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I think they should announce whether the game is coming out on the PS4/5 or not, to calm down everyone going on about it.

Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼‍♂️💚U en Twitter: "We are excited to be working with the Studios Wildcard team on bringing ARK II staring Vin Diesel exclusively to Xbox Series X|S consoles." / Twitter

Cedric "CeddyBear" en Twitter: "Heads up: I'm seeing some confusion on this. ARK 2 will be launching on PC and exclusively on Xbox. Looking forward to sharing more info in due time. ❤" / Twitter

This are the official announces.

In my opinion it is clear that it will be just for Windows, Xbox and  xCloud. Basically Microsoft platforms since Microsoft is working with Wildcard.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Cucharon said:

What he means is clarification of whether exclusive means when it first releases it will only be on Xbox, or whether it will never come to Playstation.

Like Ark released early access on Xbox long before PS4.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

Ditching the PS side of the community seems a little harsh.

I think it needs some clarification. We also don't know what PC means, whether it is Steam or Windows 10 only.

If they stick to Win 10 and Xbox it will be fully crossplay.

But I think the PS players need some clarification on the "exclusive" bit.

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Well this is kind of what I was thinking of. I'm unaware if "exclusive" means that it's actually only for said console or if it's just releasing earlier.

I understand normal PS owners that would love to play Ark.

But then there are the "non-normals." It is embarrassing how many rats are calling for Wildcard to go bankrupt, for a boycott, etc. due to an exclusive... owning they a Play Station! How can you be so hypocritical? Lol

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

They haven’t said whether it’s a timed exclusive or not. Two very different things. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Rio4201 said:

*ponders* last I looked we were at 4.26? So unless the Studio has their hand's on 5, it won't be that significant of a change. hrmm.

Just found this on the UE website in relation to current game development on the latest UE4.

We’re designing for forward compatibility, so you can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move your projects to UE5 when ready.

42 minutes ago, GP said:

I think it needs some clarification. We also don't know what PC means, whether it is Steam or Windows 10 only.

If they stick to Win 10 and Xbox it will be fully crossplay.

But I think the PS players need some clarification on the "exclusive" bit.

It feels like it is a choice between epic exclusive or windows 10 i hope i am wrong.

13 hours ago, Bobo1234 said:

Does this mean it will only be on Xbox and no other consoles? Or will the game be EXCLUSIVELY on Xbox like Red Dead Redemption 1 was for a long time?

image.png.69b6070a9c254e04e465da000586d8ce.png

Nope, bad choice of wording by WC, they have already confirmed it will be on PC, haven’t heard bout PS yet, but I asssume so.

lul i called it and even got a warning for calling it, ark 2 got announced and everyone's crying over "not having fixed ark 1 first". ark 1 LITERALLY isn't fixable it's stuck on some old trash unreal engine they can't fix the problems ark has, so thank god ark 2 is on a new engine, it means they'll be able to fix all the bugs that plagued the first game

1 hour ago, Drooling said:

lul i called it and even got a warning for calling it, ark 2 got announced and everyone's crying over "not having fixed ark 1 first". ark 1 LITERALLY isn't fixable it's stuck on some old trash unreal engine they can't fix the problems ark has, so thank god ark 2 is on a new engine, it means they'll be able to fix all the bugs that plagued the first game

1) It's not a trash engine as a lot of AAA titles uses it. I mean, the industry revolves around either Unreal, Unity or a in-house engine, which very few can afford. It's on WC for failing at using their tools properly.

2) Ark 2 is not on a new engine. The exact wording is "newer", which in reality means an updated version of the current UE4 engine.

3) Do you foolishly believe that the team who can't be bothered to finish SE and meet a single deadline will make a bug-free game on their second one?

Don't get me wrong, I do love the game and I got my money's worth over the years, but that is still no excuses to ignore blatant rampant problems. Doing so basicly green-light them to release half-tested content and more bugs...

Archived