ARK 2!!

Bigchingus7890

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also for saltines they said it will be on a different engine, therefor more optimized, it is obviously higher quality, in almost every way, and assuming that was a rex, then they have probaly completely rewritten the code and made whole new models and everything, this is everything the community has begged for, and if you want them to fix arks core bugs, then it’s not gonna happen, the amount of other bugs this would cause, and incompatibility with mods and so much else it too much hassle when pin they are literally already redoing it in ark two.

umm but we HAVE got better models ingame with each TLC pass graphics do NOT make gameplay if the servers are crap like now then hahahahaha to running this on official - gameplay is the biggest part of ARK ... pvp is also a big part but so is PvE so they will still have to balance it or go the route of oasis ... but without gameplay FOOTAGE IE someone playing it nothing can be said about that as yet ... it looks ok not the best but i assume a gfx tweak on high end nasa comps could sort that out but again good luck having a huge base IF its even in the same design vein as the current ark .... who knows .. only WC ...

By story-based I meant 'this game has a pre-set protagonist, you play through a linear story'....not the lore. I love the lore of Ark (which is why I've played it over three years, bugs and all). I was super-hyped by the trailer (and especially the animated series one, that one actually made me 'squee' I'm not going to lie. I think I just had a moment of panic when I saw a reactor on youtube imply you'd be playing as Santiago.  If the new game has the story front and center (instead of just via explorer notes like the first few maps), I'm sold. As long as I can still breed my dodos in peace ^_~

I'm more concerned than hyped right now.

Does it mean ARK 1 will become Primitive+ 2? Are all the time, efforts, memories I earned on my way through ARK since October 2015 becoming meaningless? Does it mean a player will have to choose which ARK game to play? Will the new game include everything from the original? Will there be possible to transfer bases, dinos, items, character back and forth between the generations? Will it be online only or will it still be possible to host a cluster for myself?

Such uncertainties on the very announcement paired with Wildcard's record of scrapping past work and plans as well as nuking a major part of its playerbase with exclusivity bs might signal big business problems. I'm worried about ARK's future with the little information I have.

To say I'm feeling bad at this moment is to say nothing. I'm feeling like my close one was diagnosed with a terminal disease and I'm waiting for confirmation hoping it isn't the case.

I was excited to see a new Ark game coming, then had it dashed when it was gonna be launched exclusively on Xbox. I hope it comes to PS4/5, but if not, oh well, It sucks for us PS players I guess, but I'll just continue to enjoy Ark 1, along with Sonys exclusives.🤷‍♂️

Still think WC is shooting themselves in the foot if they cut out 1/3 of their playerbase. Hope its just a timed exclusive and my worries are overblown.

5 hours ago, Darkholis said:

to this day fails to fix major long-standing rampant bugs

I wish they would fix so many of those things. Like, how long will it take a programmer to make the manticore land? Or make the preview of pre-placed structures to not lie? Or to stop tames from glitching in (and out) of structures.

I would like to leave tames on wander (that require wandering to be useful, like dung beetles, oviraptors, and others) if they didnt somehow magically escape from fully enclosed bases and cages.

An for the love of everything I want to keep safe... stop the wilds from getting inside my full enclosed bases!

And that's just a few (of many) issues from my PvE-only experience.
I didnt buy genisis for lack of dinos.
Ark 2 better be better than this unfixed, non-dino additions.
I prefer time-capsule, while missing a few QoL, much better for me, and my configs to eliminate wilds doing damage, damage set to 0.0 works in Timecapsule, but seems to have no effect in later versions on special damage effects.

Still havent seen a fix to stamina drain 0.0 in the live version. Timecapsule is the proper version for one of my favorite settings that was broken (and never got fixed) since Titanos were added. I prefer to fly infinitely. Stamina drain is one of THE major turnoffs for me with many games, not just Ark.

I could rant alot more but I'm growing tired, and feeling terribly unheard over the past several years regarding my bugs I've reported about Ark, this game that could have been much much better if different choices were made regarding what the dev team spent their time on.

The lack of care many of the team seem to show for my losses is indescribably disheartening. I'm probably reading things wrong but the lack of clarity leaves me with a guessing game of what motivates the devs to decide a and B are good ideas! The team who shows they do care seem to lack power to fix any of this broken code that kills my pets.

Not enough time being spent on the current game it seems. ... woulda shoulda coulda .. I feel like Ark coulda/woulda/shoulda  been soooooo much better if more time was spent on fixing bugs than adding more code to break already broken code.

Can team members who add code also be able to fix the code they created? But from my point of view it looks like they decide to add more code to fix more code which breaks more code, as if adding more code is better than fixing existing code.

The logic escapes my comprehension when I subconsciously ignore a common human desire for more money.
More product means more interest means more players spending more money. I cant fathom any reason (outside of gaining more cash) to explain the release of more content before older content gets fixed.

I'm open to factual information to change my mind.

TL;DR:
I dont like seeing new content being added while older code stays broken.

I'm excited.  Who cares about picking apart an at-times clunky trailer for ARK II?  The game is moving forward from Gen PT 2, and it looks like they want to actually let us meet some of these characters we have only seen in notes (except Helena :)).  Call me a fanboy if you want, but it's honestly a storyline that needs to be exposed more, and has massive amounts of potential.  Especially with an animated show alongside it, we'll finally get more story.

So, I'm excited to see the future, and how ARK II and the series turns out.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm excited about this!

ARK II was inevitable, didn't expect it to be announced yet, at least not until after Gen 2 released, but having said that Winter 2020 was the original Gen 2 release window which was likely to coincide with TGA, so can't help delays and stuff.

Can't wait to see more of it though to get a better feel for the game.

As for the Animated Series, please bring it to Netflix! The list of names is great, many recognizable names in there from Doctor Who to Star Trek to FireFly and to the Big Screen Movies! 🤪

Well done Studio Wildcard! 😍

Archived