ARK 2!!

Bigchingus7890

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Ark is still alive to this day in big part due to its massive modding community. The game would have died long ago without it.

Classics like Everquest are still running strong after 20+ years and shows no sign of dying.

Part yes but not as big as you think. 

Everquest with tiny playerbase compared what it used to be. Its basically on life support right now.

Welp.. I can't say I'm overly impressed by the trailer, I mean "neato it's Vin Diesel" but yeah.. without the selling points as to why I'd give up years of collecting dinos, breeding, and building bases, it really had no effect on me at all.  I don't care about who the voice actors are, I care about the gameplay and mechanics..  I also agree, we have Pt 2 coming out in what? March? Hopefully? So is this the end of the first franchise of Ark? Should we even bother playing Ark? I have ALOT of things flying around in my head at this point, what's gonna happen to the old Ark servers? Is breeding going to be a thing in Ark 2? Is this on a different server architecture? Is it going to be a monthly sub? etc etc etc. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Luewen said:

Ok, you got me there. 😛 Them again wow playerbase has declined a lot so i doubt its gonna be alive for 10 years more. And its an mmo not 70 players per server based game.

Just has to make more money than it cost to maintain.

I was hoping that it wasn't Ark 2. I get it, we need to get the ball rolling and its been a long time since the original Ark launched. 

Now that this is a fact, that it is coming, I will try to look at the positive side of things:

1.) If it is console exclusive (no pc), which I highly doubt it, then I have no issue and wish you all the best in Wildcard's future endeavors. 

2.) With Genesis Part 2 I have about 3 years of gameplay, if not a little more. No seriously, I have an expansion backlog as of today. I take my time with them as I enjoy the path as well as the outcome. This will let people play the Early Access / release enough to get the game nice and operational for when I finally get to it a few years down the road, perhaps at a discount even.

3.) They seem to leverage lore much more, I personally liked that if its true. 

4.) Those ogres (whatever they are) hint at some monster npcs that could give a different vibe to the game, perhaps fort invasions, patrols and infiltration within an Ark sandbox (lets just hope its not overdone). I will reinforce my desire to see human NPCs operating and defending my base as another existing survival game does and it gives much needed life to it.

There are couple of things I have an issue with: 

1.) Naturally I disliked the back portion of the Rex, this insistence to degrade my favorite dinosaur annoys me, lol. I mean its been established that Ark dinosaurs are genetic alterations of their original fossil counter parts... Perhaps that was a Yutyrannus, one can only hope. Again, I prefer without but I am complaining in a playful way here. It did hurt my feelings... Modders! I summon thee as soon as you are able to correct the wrongs! 

2.) The whole tribal setting isn't my favorite part of Ark either, but I understand as a natural path to something cooler. I always preferred heavy armors, again, I don't mind the tribal to tek progress, it would not be right without it. Its just for a trailer I would have gone with another style, like Chitin Armors, its more unique to Ark and would look cooler as promotional material. 

Finally, I do have to say that I loved the animated series trailer... Really did. I like the lore to expand more, and that is a great way to do it. It would be cool to meet some of the characters introduced in the dossiers for example.

All in all I will hold proper judgement until more is shared with us. I know I am no hurry to play it, I got plenty to do until I am at that point.

I do wish Wildcard much success and many new players on that one! I know Vin Diesel likes games for a fact so I am sure he can draw a crowd.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Just has to make more money than it cost to maintain.

With the radical changes Blizzard put into WoW I doubt we'll get another 5 years let alone 10 out of the title. If anything I'd expect Blizzard to be upgrading their tech and pounding keys to get World of Warcraft 2 out, or what would truly be amazing would be a World of Starcraft lol. 

2 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

With the radical changes Blizzard put into WoW I doubt we'll get another 5 years let alone 10 out of the title. If anything I'd expect Blizzard to be upgrading their tech and pounding keys to get World of Warcraft 2 out, or what would truly be amazing would be a World of Starcraft lol. 

"StarCraft Universe" was one of their April Fool's jokes all the way back. I kinda wanted it back then. lol. Not anymore as I rather spend my time with dinosaurs.

6 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Oh, world of starcraft. Dont get my hopes up. :)

46 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

Wildcard is really hitting on the big drum here. What a line up of voice actors for the animated series and Vin Diesel ingame, this my friends is going to be a AAA experience! Michelle Yeoh, Jeffrey Wright, Elliot Page, Russel Crowe, Gerald Butler, and more. Diesel will play a part in the show as well. Big money is being pushed in here. I cannot wait to see more of the game!!!

They HAD to go for the big names because the game will lack in all other aspects. A leopard can't change his spots !

i played this game on playstation since the beta launched and even to now, stick through years of glitchy poop and now get forgotten when Ark 2 is announced??  Wild Card are real pricks if they dont release it on sony too, all good for them though, got plenty of money off the multiple copies and dlcs i bought... rip

I am utterly and completely disappointed. The trailer did not have the best animations, it was actually kinda poorly made for such an over-hyped and big announcement at the end of the game awards, could have worked on it a lot more. Poor effort Ced and Dollie, very poor indeed. 

Ark 1 on official is still a terrible, buggy glitchy mess. Gauntlet missions still wipe inventories, dinos and more upon failure. There's no body left to return and loot, your tribe mates can't grab your things for you. Until recently people still lost 1000's of hours of work due to transfer bugs that erased characters. For a studio that is loud and vocal about how small they are and how hard they're working due to short staffing to keep ark going this seems like a bad decision made by an overly ambitious leader or group. 

I'm honestly done with ark and WC, they failed with Atlas, they failed with Ark, they will fail with Ark 2, but it's not like they listen or care, they've proven that for the past 4 years.

Also for saltines they said it will be on a different engine, therefor more optimized, it is obviously higher quality, in almost every way, and assuming that was a rex, then they have probaly completely rewritten the code and made whole new models and everything, this is everything the community has begged for, and if you want them to fix arks core bugs, then it’s not gonna happen, the amount of other bugs this would cause, and incompatibility with mods and so much else it too much hassle when pin they are literally already redoing it in ark two.

54 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Doubt the game wouldn't be on PC. But that wording is explicit. Exclusive to the Xbox Series X/S.

That's how you sell new hardware.

thats how u kill a game too .... reducing its target audience by 1/3 is not the way to make more money ..... PLUS if they try and ride the 2077 wave they are going to get burned with more bugs than we already have .....

correction locking out the playstation for a while now it seems .... 

3 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

if u get hyped over an animated cinematic that has ZERO gameplay content then u sir / madam are WC best friend EVER

One, there was a GAME trailer, and two, the series will likely have tons of amazing lore and be fun to watch, I mean how is it not amazing to watch a parasar smash a raptors head against a rock? 

Just now, Dinobros2000 said:

In the discord, check out announcements, maybe not on Unreal 5, but at least unreal 4.5 or something,

”A new Unreal” is the exact quote.

It's impossible to be on UE5, since it's not even out yet. Heck, AAA studios like Ubisoft don't even have it yet, so I doubt a small entity like WC/Snail Game would.

Archived