ARK 2!!

Bigchingus7890

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May have killed the game for me. Announcing a new game before releasing content kills all hype for gen 2. Why even bother with gen 2 if it's worthless after a few months. Should have fixed the first game instead of the programmers spending all time on the new game. Unless they have finally written of being able to fix the original game, I hope they don't just abandon it. 

We can see where all the money has been going now at least. That's why bugs will never be fixed. 

By announcing this, WC officially shot themselves in the foot. This means one of the following for Ark 2 :

1) Game is already partially developped, thus UE4, which mean the same darn issues = failure of a game.
2) Since it's scheduled for 2022, there's little hope for UE5 developpment.

Regarding the current Ark game, congrats WC on killing it, especially gen 2 before it's even released. This means no more bugs fixes, no solution for the rampant cheating on officials, minimal if no optimization at all.

4 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

Don't judge the book by its cover dude. Lets wait and see, I personally believe that ARK 2 will be even better than the first installment. Can't wait to learn more!

I'll give the game a shot, but WC now have 0 margins for error. Last I checked, we're still talking about the same team who rushed SE, botched the Extinction release and still to this day fails to fix major long-standing rampant bugs and cheating....

Wildcard is really hitting on the big drum here. What a line up of voice actors for the animated series and Vin Diesel ingame, this my friends is going to be a AAA experience! Michelle Yeoh, Jeffrey Wright, Elliot Page, Russel Crowe, Gerald Butler, and more. Diesel will play a part in the show as well. Big money is being pushed in here. I cannot wait to see more of the game!!!

39 minutes ago, zero064 said:

I'm not going to pass judgment until I've seen a lot more than a brief trailer. Yea, the present Ark will end up getting less love, but that's bound to happen anyway.

So true. Its already one of the longest supported game by devs. And salty ppl expect the game to be alive forever. Its either make new game or shutdown development and servers of ark as its not gonna bring money forever.

3 minutes ago, Luewen said:

So true. Its already one of the longest supported game by indi devs.

Ark is still alive to this day in big part due to its massive modding community. The game would have died long ago without it.

3 minutes ago, Luewen said:

And salty ppl expect the game to be alive forever.

Classics like Everquest are still running strong after 20+ years and shows no sign of dying.

Archived