Community Crunch 248: The Game Awards, Classic PvP, and More!

StudioWildcard

Hey WC I know this will sound crazy but you guys did make wyverns breedable I believe. So this idea is what if Reaper Queens breed kings and surface Reaper Kings (which makes it harder) breed Queens (so the species actually has a possible way to exist) and another little thing for anybody who sees this that is not WC what if reapers are a mutated T-Rex by a mixture of Element and Radiation. So this the evidence 1. The ark is clearly monitoring species and do not reset them. 2. Every single ark has rexs except Aberration so the closest species are the Reapers🦕🦖🦕🦖🦕🦖🦕

Edited by ArkFAN2020
Misplaced word and misplaced (

They are not going to make Ark 2.... For all of those saying that. If they ever do, it's a long long long way off. The devs have said this themselves. Honestly, it probably has something to do with Gen2. That seems like the most plausible... Though it would be nice if they would just pause the game for like a week to a month and go through the code line by line and fix the poop instead of just layering code on code on code.... IJS. I would gladly not play for that amount of time for it to be truly fixed. I love love love Ark and I really would love to see it become a well-rounded and truly immersive and playable game. Hard to be totally immersed when lag and DC is still so common. 

Edited by Brizzyne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only those who do not want to see the evolution of ARK do not see it. For devs, it doesn't matter if the griffins are reproducible or not. Pay attention to the history of ARK, the announcements that Genesis 2 is the last DLC of the old ARK. Genesis 2 takes us into space, out of the chests. The story will continue in ARK 2, in a new engine, to meet the new generation of consoles. Space exploration is the future of ARK. 😎

Edited by Falleo

1 hour ago, Falleo said:

Only those who do not want to see the evolution of ARK do not see it. For devs, it doesn't matter if the griffins are reproducible or not. Pay attention to the history of ARK, the announcements that Genesis 2 is the last DLC of the old ARK. Genesis 2 takes us into space, out of the chests. The story will continue in ARK 2, in a new engine, to meet the new generation of consoles. Space exploration is the future of ARK. 😎

I truly doubt it they  released Gen 1 only a few months ago after many delays so they probably were working on the second one the week after Gen 1 came out. Also ark is supposed to have a dinosaur underside of all of the tek stuff so space travel is slim as I doubt again anyone can pilot the colony ship

On 12/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, Ayla717 said:

Any word on the status of major bugs like Ab surface? Always scorching status but doesn't show fire animation anymore so hey I guess that's progress, right?

What about the constant disconnects on Steam/Epic? Almost always during server save.  Thanks!

Disconnects will always happen during a server save, or exactly at the worse time. Be nice if they could fix that at least.

Im going with new game engine, its the only thing they have never touched since release ("something they've never done before"). And it is the only thing holding the game back from future expansions/releases. They could raise the limits considerably with a better game engine, allowing for more diverse and exotic maps/creatures/mechanics. :) 

On 12/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, Sparky16 said:

I am intrigued about this awards announcement. 🤔 Not Hyped, just intrigued. I'm not going to get my hopes up for something I don't know anything about yet, or even bother taking a guess.

I can't help but speculate!  I think either some movie/TV show, or an ARK predecessor on UE5.

Either one, I would be OK with.

Dear Wild Card:

Sadly, I already made several comments about it but I will mention it here in case there is a small chance that you will read this, please improve the graphics and performance on PS4 and I will tell you what is wrong here to make it easier:

1) There is a 3 or 5 second lag of any inventory (dinosaur, character, of objects)

2) Every time there are many things outside or inside the player's screen (trees, stones, dinosaurs, characters, etc.) the game has less than 20 fps for example if I enter a forest it will not go to 15fps STABLE or the jungle or the mountain, anywhere it happens

3) The online has too much PING and is very slow, in addition to the fact that the players are very toxic and ruin the experience of the game either PvP or PvE

4) Once they lowered the graphics to increase performance but that did not improve anything and they left the graphics as they were, they are very bad and I would like them to improve them

5) They should make their updates weigh less and avoid bringing more bugs with them since it would be ridiculous to update Ark

6) If you could optimize Atlas you can do it with Ark, since you knew what would happen if you kept expanding the game (that is, you should improve it more therefore work more) so if you did, please, get to work and do what you must do, since your Ark game is not ending, much less is it ready to put another dlc more, it is also nice that some money is given to the children but they must understand that the other money is not noticeable who use it in Ark, please spend more time improving it than expanding it since they surely have a lot of money thanks to their dlc

PD: I had to use a translator since I speak Spanish, sorry if a lot of what I said was not well written :)