imprinting Time between every Imprinting.

Waka

If I need to imprint a dino how much time do I have before I lose the opportunity to do it?
 • Like, the dino just come out of the egg and is starting the imprinting, how much time do I have to do it?
And if I take a dino into a cryopod, does the timer gain something or it's always the same?
 • Maybe the timer stops and restart when you throw it out, or it maybe continues but you gain time even if the timer it's 0, I really don't know.
[I'm playing on an official server] 

When you say the dino just comes out of the egg and it says it needs imprinting, that is for you to claim the dino. You have until the dino dies of starvation to claim it and that time will be different for every creature since they all will have different food values. As for actual imprinting after its claimed, its 8 hours between imprints. If you are not there right when it asks for an imprint it will continue to wait for your imprint until it is finished raising. The downside to not doing it in a timely manner is that the dino will likely not be able to get 100% imprint by the time it is finished raising. What you can do is claim the dino, raise it while you are online, and cryo it while you are offline, the timer will not reset it will continue where you left it off.

Imprinting isn't what it used to be. It seems you are confusing it with the VERY old system- if anyone doesn't remember YOU HAD to be there exactly when it wanted imprint or you degraded % of the imprint, making a full 100% impossible. I did a few spinos on the old system it SUCKED

As said above, but to add - the first "imprint" is to claim the dino then you wait 8h AFTER that. You can cryo it, whatever timer will always be fluid to that dino. Eg: you pop out 2 dinos, one 6h one 8h- cryo them right away, wait 8h they will still be 6h and 8h (minus the seconds they were out)

Think of cryopods as Carbonite:) Freezes em Star Wars Disney GIF by Nerdist.com

Archived