Buildable rocks, trees, and foliage?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Suggestion

A lot of people that play this game on online pvp servers play solo or in small tribes, which means they usually rely on building in hidden locations. The problem with this though is that WC made it darn near impossible to build is all the hidden little holes and crevices that we used to thrive in, and gave us nothing to compensate for this loss. 

This could be reconciled some if given the option to build some features of the natural landscape for ourselves so we may be able to better hide small little bases in or around. 

I would love to be able to put up some more trees and larger bushes around my smaller scout bases to help keep them better hidden from other pvp'ers

7 replies to this server topic

On 12/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Is this a mod?

Eco, the author, actually has a few mods that deal with the adding decorative items to maps. Such as Trees, Trees Lite, Wonderland, Aberration, Scorched Earth, and other such item packs. That lists also expands with Empire themed sets and such.

The wishful hope is that at some point a few of the features are added for consoles to use into Ark 1 or are somehow incorporated for use into Ark 2. 

If you are playing on PC they are worth checking out if playing with if decorations are items you are interested in. 

On 12/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Yeah, sometimes sponsored mods get implemented tho(Homested update)

It is true - but extremely rare. In the time that I have been playing, beyond the free maps that have been added and the watered down version of S+ (the "Homestead Update"), I haven't seen much get added as far as Sponsored Mod Content. Little bits and pieces as QOL's yes, but not whole projects. It would be nice if they would, but I am afraid that with Ark 2 on the horizon, beyond Genesis 2 - I am not sure if they plan to add more content or simply optimize and fix the game as much as possible before fully moving onto the next.

Trying not to loose hope, but don't see it being too likely. Crossing my fingers I am wrong. 

Archived