megachelon mating and hatching

Giorgino87

So, time ago I read in the patch nots that megachelon dept requirement had been changed to allow mating on othe rmaps. I thought: "great!"

Unfortunately, as always in this game, this does not seem to work. Tests done so far:

-Valgueroi, deepest part of the map, -82000 depth, megachelon won't mate, egg won't hatch

-Crystal islands, standard depth -42000 to -45000: megachelon will mate, but egg won't hatch

-Ragnarock, standard depth -40000 no mating no hatching, squid trench, depth -60000, both mating and hatching are working (only location I have found so far!)

-island, standard seafloor allows breed but not hatch

If anybody knows some location that does work, please share!

1 hour ago, Oieru said:

Haven't tried breeding, but hatching on Island works in a regular incubator room with ACs.

?

I think you are mixing up with another dino. Megachelon hatching requirement is not about temperature, but depth.

From the wiki:

Megachelon can only be bred or hatched at extreme depths. Seafloor on The Island is not deep enough. Even large amounts of Air Conditioning or Dimetrodons will not bypass the depth requirement for eggs, as it will still say that it is too hot. Can be bred/hatched in particularly deep parts of the Genesis ocean. Some spots include the area around the mission beacon for "One Tough Moeder". Yet some particularly deep parts of Ragnarok are deep enough to breed and raise the megachelon. Tested on or The Center, great depths works there as well. Can’t be bred on Valguero. Babies can be Cryopoded and moved to shallow water or land after hatching.

20 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

?

I think you are mixing up with another dino. Megachelon hatching requirement is not about temperature, but depth.

From the wiki:

Megachelon can only be bred or hatched at extreme depths. Seafloor on The Island is not deep enough. Even large amounts of Air Conditioning or Dimetrodons will not bypass the depth requirement for eggs, as it will still say that it is too hot. Can be bred/hatched in particularly deep parts of the Genesis ocean. Some spots include the area around the mission beacon for "One Tough Moeder". Yet some particularly deep parts of Ragnarok are deep enough to breed and raise the megachelon. Tested on or The Center, great depths works there as well. Can’t be bred on Valguero. Babies can be Cryopoded and moved to shallow water or land after hatching.

I breed megachelon on genesis when it first came out, I definitely remember breeding and hatching the fist batch way down in a deep hole. However I think I hatched one up in my ac room... maybe I'm tricking my brain some how, false memorys and what not lol.. idk!

On 12/3/2020 at 11:31 PM, Giorgino87 said:

?

From the wiki:

After the patch you can hatch them with ACs. I have hatched my last 2 that way, official server. Eggs were laid on Genesis at depth before the update, that's why I can't confirm the mating part. I only have 2 females at the moment, so can't test mating on land or shallows. But it should work, or at least at depth on Island for example.

3 hours ago, Oieru said:

After the patch you can hatch them with ACs. I have hatched my last 2 that way, official server. Eggs were laid on Genesis at depth before the update, that's why I can't confirm the mating part. I only have 2 females at the moment, so can't test mating on land or shallows. But it should work, or at least at depth on Island for example.

just tried, does not work

• 8 months later...

Archived