Code of conduct: Easy to explain, hard to resolve

Angelsurreal

14 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You asked a question, "did u think a new player will comeback after the insider method?"

There are two answers to that question:

1) Yes. It goes way beyond what I merely "think", I know it for a fact. Thousands and thousands of new players have "come back" after being insided. Obviously some people won't come back but many, many people have, in fact, already come back from that happening again and again over the years. You're not the first tribe to be insided, this is nothing new.

2) Even if that was only my opinion (and it's not, it's an actual fact) you're asking the wrong person, it's WildCard that makes those decisions. This game has been around for 5+ years now, and during all that time WildCard has allowed people to inside tribes, which means it should be obvious that WildCard is happy to keep letting that happen.

"even the old players left the game" - No. Some old players have left the game, just like some old players leave every game. There is no such thing as a game that keeps all of its players. Even the easiest games have old players that leave, you are making a mistake to assume that just because you know people who have left the game that the game is having problems.

What you're overlooking is that many old players move to PvE or solo and even more of them move to Unofficial servers. You may not be aware of this, but about 90% of the players in ARK are playing on Unofficial servers, including many Unofficial PvP servers. There are many people who don't like Official PvP that move to an Unofficial PvP server which uses rules that those players like.

ARK is not just one game, it's not just "Official PvP servers", it's actually multiple games in one. With Official, Unofficial, PvP, PvE, dedicated, non-dedicated, local/host and many different types of mods. It's true that many people don't like Official PvP, and that's for a good reason because Official PvP is brutal, all day every day, it's brutal. But there are other ways to play ARK that people can enjoy if they don't like Official PvP.

""news , everyone need be insider cuz is the a new method to get stuffs, everyone is allowed to try to destroy his own protected bases" "nobody will be reported or banned, come try this new method!" - It's not new, it's just new to you. The lesson you need to learn from this experience is that PvP is brutal, much more brutal than most games. If you don't like that type of PvP then you have to decide whether you want to play ARK a different way or if you want to play a different game. You might not like it but lots of other people do like it. And just so you know, I don't like Official PvP either, I played it and it wasn't fun for me. I'm not trying to tell you that you have to like it, but I am telling you that it's not going to change because of what you want. Either you learn to play ARK PvP on the Official servers the way that WildCard has designed it, or you have to decide whether you're going to play a different game or at least a different mode of ARK.

"its not a bit of chaos?" - Yes, it is a bit of chaos. Actually it's a lot of chaos, and that's what WildCard wants, that's how they want Official PvP to work. They built the game so that there would be a lot of chaos and so that players would constantly destroy each other's stuff, and would constantly have to worry about being stabbed in the back, that's exactly what WildCard intended when they designed the game.

"also u need know the base already destroyed on the post was with  a wild magmas too , its insanely think how u can demo ur own walls aggroing to urself to get a blocked room. its not consider grieff luring dinos to another bases?"

It's not considered griefing in PvP. As long as you aren't breaking the game rules (like meshing) then there's no such thing as griefing in PvP. The whole point of PvP is to grief other players as much as possible.

Before i answer you the whole things u write. u are talking about Pvp on ur answerings., i am talking it happend on PVE. all the mess happend on Pve. i will edit the post since many guys include you are thinking its happening on Pvp

1 hour ago, Angelsurreal said:

Before i answer you the whole things u write. u are talking about Pvp on ur answerings., i am talking it happend on PVE. all the mess happend on Pve. i will edit the post since many guys include you are thinking its happening on Pvp

But the point stands regardless.. your friend/ you invited someone to your own tribe. By choice. 

They didn't forcibly join and ruin your stuff, you Invited them. The end

3 hours ago, Angelsurreal said:

Before i answer you the whole things u write. u are talking about Pvp on ur answerings., i am talking it happend on PVE. all the mess happend on Pve. i will edit the post since many guys include you are thinking its happening on Pvp,

Ok, I see in your original post you actually said PvE, but you also said, "beside maybe some external friend use some skills for destroy the half of the base maybe with tek rifles , bring down walls of a room". That is not possible in PvE, an external friend can't destroy anything with a tek rifle in PvE. it's pretty obvious that you don't actually know how they did it, since you seem to think that external people can destroy your base in PvE. It would help if you gave a description that makes sense in PvE rather than making up something that can't happen.

Then again, how they did it isn't really important as long as they didn't do anything that will get them banned.

I understand that you're frustrated and unhappy, but even in PvE WildCard allows insiding as part of their game. If you don't like that then you and your friend should consider looking for an Unofficial server that doesn't allow insiding.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Ok, I see in your original post you actually said PvE, but you also said, "beside maybe some external friend use some skills for destroy the half of the base maybe with tek rifles , bring down walls of a room". That is not possible in PvE, an external friend can't destroy anything with a tek rifle in PvE. it's pretty obvious that you don't actually know how they did it, since you seem to think that external people can destroy your base in PvE. It would help if you gave a description that makes sense in PvE rather than making up something that can't happen.

Then again, how they did it isn't really important as long as they didn't do anything that will get them banned.

I understand that you're frustrated and unhappy, but even in PvE WildCard allows insiding as part of their game. If you don't like that then you and your friend should consider looking for an Unofficial server that doesn't allow insiding.

ok, srry if its not clear at all,  1st its not my tribe, its a friend tribe. tek riffle was used by the insider member of the tribe  and the "help for aggroing" was for an external friend of the insider" i know its not my business. but as player i need know how its working inside of the community, i am very worried about this specific issue called "legal theft"  and trying to figure out what happend if starts appeariing  tons of tutorials trying to show to the new players how to "steal without be banned"  think in that.. it will turn pve into pvp on some ways. 

21 minutes ago, Angelsurreal said:

ok, srry if its not clear at all,  1st its not my tribe, its a friend tribe. tek riffle was used by the insider member of the tribe  and the "help for aggroing" was for an external friend of the insider" i know its not my business. but as player i need know how its working inside of the community, i am very worried about this specific issue called "legal theft"  and trying to figure out what happend if starts appeariing  tons of tutorials trying to show to the new players how to "steal without be banned"  think in that.. it will turn pve into pvp on some ways. 

External kiting in PvE is against CoC but you need rock solid video evidence for action to be taken. 

Insiding is just a hazard of having tribemates. Particularly tribemates you don't know. 

I met my current tribemates through the game. We have multiple years of working together but the owner could boot everybody tomorrow. Another tribe member could grab all the cryo's and take them to a different server at any time. It's a risk but like anything with risk you are responsible to weigh risk vs reward. 

Rewards: Help breeding, help advancing, easy farming

Risk: Lose everything

Only bring people on you trust to reap that reward or avoid risk and play solo. It's a choice only your friend can make.

3 hours ago, Angelsurreal said:

Aaah ok. Well that clarifies it a tad. There really isn't much we can tell you that hasent been said already. In WC terms everything there is legal and intended.

You wanna see pvp on a pve? Take a look waaaay back to official pve before they changed fliers to not grab wild dinos in PvE .. XD Or before offline raid protection for pve.. it was even more prevalent than PVP getting wiped. Rock golems ;( 

Anyways, off on a tangent as always. The only thing you can do, to help is to just: Warn any players if you suspect this is happening. Because it's on the forums (even less read than  reddit) there will be loads of people trying it now, because they read it here. Its a double edged blade. 

If you must have people in the tribe, you are worried? Make an alt, make a new tribe, ally, give your good tames/bps / mats to the new tribe / alt or whatever. Then you KNOW at the very least your tames / good bps are safe. 

9 hours ago, Angelsurreal said:

Ok, that explains a lot, thank you.

If an external player kited animals to your base to cause destruction, they can get banned for that but you need very good evidence. Even if they did it at the same time the insider was doing things that doesn't necessarily prove that the other person kited the animals on purpose.

Essentially you have two different problems:

PlayerA insided your friend's tribe and he did it in a way that might actually be illegal on PvE. WildCard does think of PvE differently than they think of PvP which means that they might ban someone who uses weapons to destroy their own base as a way to violate the rank system. The only way to know if WildCard will do anything about this is to submit a ticket. They will never ban people based on forum posts, that's not what the forums are for. If you need help from a GM, or need to know if WildCard will do anything about this player then your friend needs to submit a ticket, that is the only way to get help for this.

Player B maybe kited animals to his base. Again, this requires a ticket, WildCard will never respond to this on the forums.

Forums are for discussions and questions, and I understand that you started this thread as a question and discussion, you weren't trying to get a GM to respond. You need to talk to your friend and he needs to submit two tickets - one for the insiding and one for the kiting. Even if those two players were working together those are two different issues. Also, inside of each ticket he should explain that he's submitting two different tickets for two different players so that the GM can understand that they are investigating two different things at once.

Archived