Flying on Genesis Part 2? Yes or No, what do you think? Vote!

Allanballan

Flying on Genesis Part 2? Yes or No, what do you think?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Flying on Genesis Part 2? Yes or No, what do you think?

• YES, please let flyers be enabled on Genesis Part 2!
    • Yes, please let us fly but only in specific areas on Genesis Part 2!
    • NO, please no flying at all on Genesis Part 2!

I personally hope that Wildcard keep the NO flying default setting on Gen 2 as flying dinos tend to make everything so much easier and remove the challenge BIG time in ark. I could support flyer specific biomes but for the whole map NO thanks. 

I don't even want the new federation tek suit to be able to fly at all. Maybe if they make the suit upgradable of some sort, for example if you unlock a jetpack attachment when you beat the boss on alpha difficulty. That would be an good treat for such an accomplishment.

Maybe they should give the player the option to decide for themselves and do as they did a couple of days after Genesis Part One launched and launch a couple of servers with flying enabled? 

What do you guys think, should flying be disabled or enabled on Genesis Part 2?

2 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

It's supposed to be the biggest Map in the whole game, definitely support flying. 

They have said that it is definetly the biggest map that they as a studio has made but they are not including the mod maps turned official (ex Ragnarok), only the dlc maps to my knowledge. I might be wrong but thats how I remember they explained it from the Extra Life Stream. I rather support the teleporting option from Genesis than enable flying tbh.

6 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

I rather support the teleporting option from Genesis than enable flying tbh.

Except many people had problems with the teleporting(Like campers and losing dinos) and it made sense in Gen 1 because that was a simulation with entirely separated biomes, whereas Gen 2 is one large connected map(Atleast lorewise). It may make sense to teleport to some areas like the robot city, but certainly not the entire map. 

Please allow.

In Extinction they gave you the ability to craft these amazing and expensive tek suits and then said, "but they are basically useless on the Genesis map." Which based upon the open world missions made some sense. 

Gen 2 missions are closer to boss fights, if I understood correctly, where they take place in their own environments so like boss fights just disable the suits in there. 

I want to fly like Superman on the Giant Space Tek Station in my crafted tek suit.

They already confirmed it would be allowed.

Hard to say if that's a good or a bad thing with the little knowledge we have about the map.

Personally, I hope they do something similar to what they did with Aberration, create an environment that is different and disrupting enough so that if feels as you're playing something different, learning new things, rather than the same old gameplay we have across most maps.

Aberration, like it or not the map itself, introduced some mechanics and different environments/creatures that allowed players to experience and play the game in a different and cool way. Whatever they do with Gen 2, I hope they manage to replicate that kind of experience.

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

They already confirmed it would be allowed.

Hard to say if that's a good or a bad thing with the little knowledge we have about the map.

Personally, I hope they do something similar to what they did with Aberration, create an environment that is different and disrupting enough so that if feels as you're playing something different, learning new things, rather than the same old gameplay we have across most maps.

Aberration, like it or not the map itself, introduced some mechanics and different environments/creatures that allowed players to experience and play the game in a different and cool way. Whatever they do with Gen 2, I hope they manage to replicate that kind of experience.

True we know very little of the map and its mechanics so far. Aight flying allowed, but how easy will it be to fly? There might be other factors we do not know about yet. Maybe some kind of gravitational problems on the space station. Maybe there is a new OP flyer that preys on the old ones? Cool features!

Like you good sir I also hope of many new mechanics and aha moments. I find the older maps and often the mod maps that turns official quite dull. Static with no living fauna at all. Wildcard has evolved much since the start and at least imo they have gotten really good att designing maps. Looks att Aberration and Genesis Part 1. So many nice animations in the nature that makes the maps more living!

My expectations are also high for a whole new experience with many new mechanics and breathtaking biomes to explore!

• Allanballan changed the title to Flying on Genesis Part 2? Yes or No, what do you think? Vote!
  • 2 months later...

Idc if it makes poop easier just give us flying so I can have all my dinos in 1 place and use them. All this people crying about omg the game  is gonna be easier where we literally have skiffs and tek stuff that makes your argument not of flying making things easier not even a valid point. If you don't want flying go to single player and disable it. Don't force your S***** onto me please. 

1 hour ago, Clouudy said:

Idc if it makes poop easier just give us flying so I can have all my dinos in 1 place and use them. All this people crying about omg the game  is gonna be easier where we literally have skiffs and tek stuff that makes your argument not of flying making things easier not even a valid point. If you don't want flying go to single player and disable it. Don't force your S***** onto me please. 

There are no mission, flyers enabled servers on official for you to use your flyers on genesis if you really need them. I personally dont feel the need for flyers there since I can use bloodstalkers and gasbags but thats just me I guess. I also feel the argument of flyers making things too easy is legit when you take into account the missions that are just to go find points of interest, or getting all the glitches, or even stealing magmasaur eggs. These things are not too hard per se but it would be worlds easier if you could just spawn in, tame a ptera and fly around.

The skiff argument doesnt really work in this situation since you need to do these missions before you get access to the boss, and by extension building a skiff. Sure you could pay someone to build you one I guess but if you are doing a natural progression thing or on a fresh server then flyers would make an already easy map even easier imo. Same thing with the tek suit, you could craft one pretty easily if you transferred in a character since every resource is extremely easy to farm including element there and then you could do many of the missions practically in your sleep.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, Allanballan said:

I rather support the teleporting option from Genesis than enable flying tbh.

Are you kidding..?

The teleport is among the most broken things thats ever been implemented into this game.

The sectioned off biomes and broken teleporting are the 2 main reasons Genesis is one of if not THE worst map in ark.

On 2/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Are you kidding..?

The teleport is among the most broken things thats ever been implemented into this game.

The sectioned off biomes and broken teleporting are the 2 main reasons Genesis is one of if not THE worst map in ark.

The Gen 1 map itself wasnt bad just the mechanics of it the HNLA teleporting was buggy and so was using teleporting pad at times. But that will pale in comparison to how they implemented the missions for Gen 2 by doing it in instances like boss fights so just wait for the flood of people loosing everything they brought to do a mission from DC's and server crashes because you cant rejoin in there.

As for fliers no wish they didnt allow them period just like on AB, there are plenty of other ways of travel rock drake, blood stalker, skiff, what ever that surfboard thing is called etc....  

People literally invite people to do the fight for free to get a skiff. Element is a joke. If you don't want flyers and you want what you called "natural progression" then go to single player mode you have full control there. Also there is nothing natural about disabling flying matter fact flying in ark "Dino game" is natural. YOU think disabling is natural???? Oh jeez. either way i think it was confirmed already there is gonna be flying so thank you wildcard. For giving us flying.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there should be flyers.   Look at the trend, every time they try to limit flyers, people try to find ways around it. Flyers are crucial in the game by design alone and important when scouting out places to build.  Personally, I own and play on an unofficial server so it doesn't truly matter if they put it in or not, I'll put it in if they don't. But it would seem silly not to, people who still play Official need em.

• 3 weeks later...

On PvE, the flyer-enabled maps become boring so quick in contrast to Aberration or Genesis 1. At least add some apex predators to the sky that make you think twice of setting your Argy/Wyvern/Tropo on auto-pilot from one side of the map to the other. Crystal Islands was really the worst in this regard. Once you had a metal pick to get some crystals and a crystal wyvern, there was no challenge at all.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, CowBoyKillers said:

The Gen 1 map itself wasnt bad just the mechanics of it the HNLA teleporting was buggy and so was using teleporting pad at times. But that will pale in comparison to how they implemented the missions for Gen 2 by doing it in instances like boss fights so just wait for the flood of people loosing everything they brought to do a mission from DC's and server crashes because you cant rejoin in there.

As for fliers no wish they didnt allow them period just like on AB, there are plenty of other ways of travel rock drake, blood stalker, skiff, what ever that surfboard thing is called etc....  

Fair point I actually love the design of the bog and ocean. The lunar biome is superb as well. Ark just doesnt work sectioned off imo. The freedom to go exploring in any direction is a big part of what makes the early days of a DLC great. Genesis ruined that from day one.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:18 AM, Clouudy said:

People literally invite people to do the fight for free to get a skiff. Element is a joke. If you don't want flyers and you want what you called "natural progression" then go to single player mode you have full control there. Also there is nothing natural about disabling flying matter fact flying in ark "Dino game" is natural. YOU think disabling is natural???? Oh jeez. either way i think it was confirmed already there is gonna be flying so thank you wildcard. For giving us flying.

Seeing that everything your talking about is related to Genesis part 1, element gathering was cut by 50% you cant put a saddle on any of the fliers in Genesis cant even tell a pelagornis to attack target to get org poly. So fliers were in there yes but absolutely useless other than to add more creatures to what you saw, the one exception was maybe the argy you could put resources in it and have it follow you?  dont know cause i never tamed one on there used a ravenger or gasbag instead.  

As far as "natural progression" goes that only lasts untill they open server transfers and people just bring their raised dino's over. But for Genesis the natural progression wasnt really there they hyped "we cranked the difficulty way up on this" if you had the run speed you could just run in the volcano and steal an egg on foot. The blood stalker required 1000-1200 blood packs to tame they slashed the amount needed to tame, neither of those 2 dino's were all that difficult to get but offered all the end game easy mode status.  The boss fight is another issue im guessing 75-90% of the people never bothered doing the missions to unlock the actual fight the vast majority paid with ingame stuff to go with someone who had it unlocked or traded something for someone to come and make the skiff for them.

Gen part 1 went stale weeks before transfers were even opened up for various reasons. Lots of people were waiting for crystal isles to come out, the element gathered was cut 50%, transfers were going to open in a few weeks so the thinking was i'll just wait till then and bring my other dino's over, or just plain bored with it already.  Maybe there is some killer x-rex line but i havent seen one, i know the x-spinos are close to hitting the level cap and the x-argies too, magmasaurs still have a little way to go.  

So not allowing fliers in part 2 would slow the "natural progression" and add some challenge to the game but that would be wishful thinking that they dont add a bunch of OP game breaking dino's like they did to Extinction.

• 2 months later...

Archived